2014 Eldora Speedway Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Eldora Speedway Season Thread

Just want to thank Eldora Speedway and it's staff for another excellent night of racing last night. Track was in excellent shape, some of the best WoO heat races I have seen there. Gravel was awesome after slipping back to 3rd and fighting back up there. One complaint though if Roger reads this. I know you say Verizon is possibly thinking about putting a tower or temporary up, but do you consider whichever sanctioning event that comes in a "professional" sport? I do think it is, therefore you need to have the top facilities. Just like NFL stadiums make it about the fans, Eldora should as well. You need to get wireless internet out there to keep up with technology and social media. I have a verizon phone and it works fine out there for calling and texting, but horrible when I use data. I don't want to make this out to sound like a complaint or anything, but only a suggestion. Love the place, just think it can improve in some areas. I would assume u have a wireless router in the booth because my phone kept trying to connect to it, but I needed a password. Any how, I will be emailing Eldora and I would like others too as well with this suggestion. Thanks.

Getting ready to take off ... who else is heading there.

At the beginning of the week wasn't even sure we would make it out of the driveway before it was cancelled ... so far it looks promising for both nights of racing.

Should be a fast track that is for sure ... kind of cool tonight, but better Saturday.

Hope the weather doesn't scare away fans or cars ... saw where Brian Brown is staying local instead of traveling to Eldora, but saw Brent Marks from PA has left PA already to venture to the Big E and that Brandon Wimmer and the Hammer team are going there as well.
    Last edited by ErocWolverine; May 2nd, 2014, 09:16 AM.

Comment

I will be heading there Saturday night, I have to support my wife running her first half marathon in indy Saturday morning so won't be there Friday night. It will be interesting to see who shows up. Going to miss the 59 and 83 cars not being there. Was hoping to see Brown tow over too. Looking forward to seeing the Hammer new paint scheme Wimmer mentioned on facebook yesterday. Ready for my first race of the season! See ya there!

Comment

Shane Stewart in the Larson Marks car. I would think around 35 cars or so. 1 fendered support class per night, mercifully, should be a good show.

Comment

Originally posted by aschmiesing View Post
          I will be heading there Saturday night, I have to support my wife running her first half marathon in indy Saturday morning so won't be there Friday night. It will be interesting to see who shows up. Going to miss the 59 and 83 cars not being there. Was hoping to see Brown tow over too. Looking forward to seeing the Hammer new paint scheme Wimmer mentioned on facebook yesterday. Ready for my first race of the season! See ya there!
          I believe Gravel will be there with the Roth #83 car.

http://rothmotorsports83.com/

Originally posted by Saphead View Post
          Shane Stewart in the Larson Marks car. I would think around 35 cars or so. 1 fendered support class per night, mercifully, should be a good show.
          YeaI agree about liking only one support class which usually helps getting out of there at night if having to travel long distances like most do. I don't mind the Mods on Saturday, but the stocks aren't that good (IMO). Would like to see them add the 360's for one of those nights such as Mods on Friday night and the 360's on Saturday when the WoO are at Eldora.
          Last edited by ErocWolverine; May 2nd, 2014, 10:16 AM.

Comment

id love to go butt do not think i have enuff oats left for my horse to be able to get the wagen back and fourth from holmes county at least wayne county on saterday is a good allternative

Comment

I meant the other 83 car, the one that Sauder runs 360's with. Holbrok team car.

Comment

I cannot make Sat, pondered going tonight but I would be by myself so I'm probably gonna stay home.

Comment

Originally posted by ErocWolverine View Post

I believe Gravel will be there with the Roth #83 car.

http://rothmotorsports83.com/

YeaI agree about liking only one support class which usually helps getting out of there at night if having to travel long distances like most do. I don't mind the Mods on Saturday, but the stocks aren't that good (IMO). Would like to see them add the 360's for one of those nights such as Mods on Friday night and the 360's on Saturday when the WoO are at Eldora.
                  Pretty sure the stocks think you're a dumb ass too.

Comment

I believe a lot of people would leave right after the Royal because they were not 410 sprints & missed the best part of being a paying fan. The 360's put on the better show.
                    You Eroc evidently never went to KC for the night the stars come out. If the Late Model feature ran 1st & when it was over half the fans left.
                    As a paying fan you can leave when ever you want to. Most times I stay till the end even at Waynesfield.
                    After reading a post on another message board I pretty much think I'll go to Fremont or Waynesfield today.
                    Ol Crunch may have had Cheetos in 1 hand but I don't think it was the mouse in the other !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry just had to get that dig in there.

Comment

Eric can you make a post on here without bashing someone or something? Now on to another observation. I noticed last night at Eldora there was only 1 Attica/Fremont regular that raced. Congrats to Philo for putting it in the feature and thank you for not shying away from racing at Eldora. Also I seen 1 Williams Grove/Lincoln regular and thank you Brent Marks for making the 8/12 hour drive to run Eldora.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprintcarfanatic View Post
                        I believe a lot of people would leave right after the Royal because they were not 410 sprints & missed the best part of being a paying fan. The 360's put on the better show.
                        You Eroc evidently never went to KC for the night the stars come out. If the Late Model feature ran 1st & when it was over half the fans left.
                        As a paying fan you can leave when ever you want to. Most times I stay till the end even at Waynesfield.
                        After reading a post on another message board I pretty much think I'll go to Fremont or Waynesfield today.
                        Ol Crunch may have had Cheetos in 1 hand but I don't think it was the mouse in the other !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry just had to get that dig in there.
                        Well the last time I checked the "Night of Stars at KC" was late models and sprints, correct? They wasn't WoO sprint cars. Also do you know the difference between "Stock" and a "late model" because they had "Stocks" at Eldora -- not late models -- big difference!!

I would gladly stay and watch the late models or 360's as I stated above -- to bad Eldora doesn't have them that often or hardly at all with a 410 sprint car show.

After last night show ... I will gladly go see the best sprint car drivers once again at Eldora and miss Fremont and Waynesfield, but again my preference in watching winged 410 sprint cars with some of the best drivers, best track, fast track and good times with friends.

Originally posted by JK47 View Post
                        Eric can you make a post on here without bashing someone or something? Now on to another observation. I noticed last night at Eldora there was only 1 Attica/Fremont regular that raced. Congrats to Philo for putting it in the feature and thank you for not shying away from racing at Eldora. Also I seen 1 Williams Grove/Lincoln regular and thank you Brent Marks for making the 8/12 hour drive to run Eldora.
                        As for "bashing" I don't believe I was ... I was stating my preference of what I like to watch, but again go ahead and bash me for giving a opinion.

You don't consider Brandon Wimmer in the Hammer car "local"?
                        Last edited by ErocWolverine; May 3rd, 2014, 09:07 AM.

Comment

No Eroc I don't consider them Attica/Fremont regulars. Hammers travel and run All Star, World Of Outlaw, and even travel to Knoxville to race.

Comment

Like being a coke guy he's probably an ATT guy. Gotta be loyal to you're sponsor don't ya know.
                            Last edited by Sprintcarfanatic; May 4th, 2014, 07:48 PM.

Comment

I go to the racetrack to watch the races, not play on my phone. I don't give a hoot what kind of tower they put up.....just keep the racing as good as this past weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X