Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I'm at Eldora all I need is a grill and a cooler

Comment

looks like 76 cars at the dream tonite. doubt that number changes unless it goes down.

Comment

Will be interesting to see if more come tonight that wasn't there last night and then on Saturday or not. Last year I believe a couple of guys came in on Friday night because they wasn't that happy with the $2,500.00 to win deal on Thursday, but came on Friday where it was at least $5,000.00 to win and still be able to learn a little bit about the track before Saturday's big race.

Comment

I don't think anyone new showed up ladt year but a lot of guys didn't race after qualifying because that was all that mattered for Saturday. This year they have added 2provisionals at tail of Saturdays feature for drivers with highest avg finish from Thursday/Friday 78 cars isn't huge by Eldora standards but the quality is amazing. Should be great racing all weekend
          Last edited by Erndog; June 6th, 2014, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Looks like 72 tonite. Either a couple left or they are just saving the car for tomorrow.

Comment

Amazing finish in first race tonight. An absolute dead heat between Rick Eckert and Brian Birkhofer with After a 5-10 minute delay Birky was named the winner. Dale McDowell passed Darrell Lanigan to win second race. You need to check out video when it goes up on Eldora site

Comment

Awesome race tonite cars running from top to bottom. winner and second place started deep in the field. Davenport putting on a show til he dived bomb Oniel. Dale McDowel the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by MFW View Post
                  Awesome race tonite cars running from top to bottom. winner and second place started deep in the field. Davenport putting on a show til he dived bomb Oniel. Dale McDowel the winner.
                  Agree and that is one thing I like about the late model races such as the dream and other where they are at least 50 laps and some of the bigger events are 100 laps because they are long so a lot can happen and you can come from the back. The biggest issue is not get lapped early on and working your way to the front.

Really wish sprint cars would go back to bigger tanks so we wouldn't have to see a red flag for fuel stops for a 30 or 40 lap feature sometimes. They had no problem back in the day going 50 laps around Eldora.

Comment

Originally posted by ErocWolverine View Post

Agree and that is one thing I like about the late model races such as the dream and other where they are at least 50 laps and some of the bigger events are 100 laps because they are long so a lot can happen and you can come from the back. The biggest issue is not get lapped early on and working your way to the front.

Really wish sprint cars would go back to bigger tanks so we wouldn't have to see a red flag for fuel stops for a 30 or 40 lap feature sometimes. They had no problem back in the day going 50 laps around Eldora.
                    Back in the day the sprint cars weren't running 410s with the amount of fuel flow they are now, either. I'm all for bringing back things that used to be great about yester-year, but technology advancements and rule changes won't allow some of it to happen.

Comment

So your saying the 410's of 10 or 20 years ago were good on gas mileage when they use to run 40 or 50 lap races?

I am betting a tank like this one could easily run 40 green laps and probably 50 laps with the bigger tanks on them compared to some of the midget tanks they was trying to run just a few years ago and the smaller tanks of today where the teams still try and use the smallest tank possible.

People wonder why the winners come from the front of the pack most of the time anymore ... because they are running shorter races and cars are a lot more equal to what they use to be just 5, 10, 15, or 20 years ago.

With the weight rule in place now it would be nicer if teams would add more fuel along with having the bigger tanks on so fans don't have to see a "NASCAR" type caution meaning nothing on the track ... red flag for fuel.

I believe the 33 gallon fuel cell in encouraged for the WoO shows, but not mandatory and some teams still use a smaller tank. Would like to see them all be set in stone that they all must run that tank for all races at least.

Last edited by ErocWolverine; June 8th, 2014, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ErocWolverine View Post
                        So your saying the 410's of 10 or 20 years ago were good on gas mileage when they use to run 40 or 50 lap races?
                        You specifically said 50 laps at Eldora, and that is what I was referring to. I don't recall any sanctioning group running 50 lap races at Eldora in the past 20 years, and the only 40 lap races I can recall are for the King's Royal. And I imagine that is a stretch, because it's been run at 30 laps several times in that time period.

Now, can 40 or more laps be done on smaller tracks? Obviously yes, since the WoO just did it at Attica and it's routinely done at Atomic and Fremont. But now we're comparing apples and oranges.

Comment

Next years Kings Royal will be July 17th & 18th so all you Country Cornholers in the Hills can stomp your boots all you want in Fort Loramie the week before.
                          I have no idea how the KR kept creeping up so far in on calendar when it used to be around the 20th-25th of July but there you have it.

Comment

It was the 17th and 18th of last year I believe

Comment

12th & 13th last year.

Comment

As long as the Doty is the same week... I dont care.

Comment

Working...
                                X