FAST Drivers.......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

~~
    Still dumb for a two county series from it's inception such as FAST to try and be a mini-all-star series with a bunch of local racers who all do this as a hobby and definitely not their first job. Way to boost the local series by making them travel 4-5 hours to race for the same amount that they race within a 30 minute radius of Attica/Fremont. DUMB!!
    I guess everyone has a different perspective. First, to be non-politically correct, nobody is putting a gun to anyone's head to go. Wait a few months and maybe nobody will be able to have a gun to hold to anyone's head anyways. See what I mean about perspective? That being said, I have read hundreds of times on Pit Gate about drivers leaving the porch. Possibly this will be the catalyst for getting them off the porch! Is getting off the porch now considered DUMB? Advertisers, uh, I mean sponsors are not all local businesses. They WANT their name out there for people to see. That's is why they put their names on the cars in the first place. They are going to get their names out to different fans to different tracks and states in the next couple weeks to maximize their exposure and get a far better Return on their Investment. I don't think too many sponsors just want to minimize their exposure unless they just like to waste money which I would consider to be DUMB. That's just my perspective. The 305 class is still considered a class to move up from and get experience. Allowing them extra experiences will, in many cases, help make them better drivers. Maybe, if drivers are expected to just drive local tracks, Byron Reed, Paige Polyak,, and other drivers who traveled ALL THE WAY TO NKOXVILLE were DUMB, too. Oh yeah, how many of our local drivers who ventured west started driving sprint cars in the 305 class at our area tracks. Maybe Brian Smith, who is a past 305 Champion, is DUMB to race in Michigan and lead the SOD series when he lives right in Fremont! Like I said, some times DUMB depends on perspective. And, maybe some people are just plain DUMB!

Comment

It finally feels like the old pitgate again...all aboard THE NUTHUGGER EXPRESS!!! LMAO

Comment

I doubt many sponsors expect a return on their investment in a local sprint car team. Aren't most sponsors race fans who want to be more involved in the sport. For their money, they get to see their name on the car they and be part of a race team. At this level, sponsors are in the game because they love it. Its their hobby just like the racers they help finance.

Comment

Keep the porch dwellers on the porch. Make it a screened-in porch, or better yet a nice fully secured patio enclosure from Johnny Vance's Aristocrat Products.

Comment

Isn't Johnny Vance the guy who will name a star after you for $50? Beware of imposters. Insist upon a certificate of authenticity from the official star registry.

Comment

Just an opinion based on past and current conditions . Gasoline to fuel the Haulers is not $ 5.00 per gallon, so the travel expense is not really prohibitive. Downside is that it makes for a late night return to home. With both Fremont and Attica having several nights per season of no racing ( closed to pay homage to Eldora, closed for Speedweek, the week following a big event, holiday closures, etc ), I don't see anything wrong with an occasional road trip providing there isn't excessive miles and overnight stays required. Since the inception of FAST, no new teams were ever formed that I can think of , and the FAST points events don't really being any additional cars, so maybe experimenting with an occasional road show is not a bad idea . As a sponsor of cars for 27 years, I'm getting burned out with track closures and rainouts and heat outs and am seriously thinking of sponsoring cars based on a per event completed basis as opposed to the current situation of writing Checks to have cars sit in the garage. Legitimate rainouts are inevitable, but all these off nights is a bad trend which started a number of years ago and has gradually increased. I guess is beats having tracks permanently close their doors, but these off nights are a downward spiral which might ultimately lead to that. Again, this is just an opinion, except for the part about reevaluating my future expenditures. I want to race, not cook out on the barbe or visit saloons.

Comment

Didn't the series come up to race with you. You could at least return the favor.

Isn't Johnny Vance Steve Kinser's father in law ?

Comment

As of 5.30 on Saturday , FAST has brought 17 Fremont / Attica 305's to Mercer. Many more than their own 305's. Pill draw still open.

Comment

Atomic cancelled ... long way for a regular paying FAST event.

Comment

FAST posted on twitter they has 10 at Atomic when it cancelled. Reed I'm assuming. I saw Broc Martin, Mintz, Griffith. Does anyone else know who was going? Brubaker and Jacobs?

Comment

jacobs was at wayne co. in a black 38 car
                        Last edited by Fink41; August 21st, 2016, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneSprintin' View Post
                          FAST posted on twitter they has 10 at Atomic when it cancelled. Reed I'm assuming. I saw Broc Martin, Mintz, Griffith. Does anyone else know who was going? Brubaker and Jacobs?
                          It was asked several times on twitter and every-time I saw it FAST posted that teams were still arriving and it was early. Never seen names being put out there.

Comment

Working...
                          X