Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A few allstar related questions closing out the season???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few allstar related questions closing out the season???

1. Will the allstars be allowed to compete in Fridays f.a.s.t series show September, 2nd at attica? I remember it was brought up before for spring nationals but rain got in the way and some said there was an allstar rule and needed permission or something.

2. Anyone else heard of the ppms allstar make up date? was a rumor going around the drivers were told it was being made up during the Pittsburgher weekend but seen them doing a survey about the Wednesday before the port royal weekend shows.

3. will the allstars be able to attend the jim ford weekend? there scheduled off that weekend still. ( even though we don't know the details for Saturday show yet still other then 410's are running for a mystery purse along with 305's and dirt trucks.

1. NO

2. Looks doubtful

3. I doubt they will run b/c they would rather support and protect their brand as a series

Comment

1. No way. 2. Pittsburgh could be cancelled all together after all it's gone after this year anyhow. 3. What a shame to take the Jim Ford Classic(the man who saved Fremont) and screw it up the way Farmer has it does not matter what he pays it is tarnished as is Fremont Speedway I hope Tony sticks to his guns and never gives Fremont a Allstar show as long as Farmer is running it. Maybe it will be to HOT and it gets cancelled.

Comment

It is hard from tracks to run a 2 day ASCoC show now because of the fees and i think Farmer just figured he doesnt need the ASCoC to draw a good crowd and car count. Also, if you look back, Jim Ford went a few years without the All Stars and would run his 50 lap challenges instead.

I honestly liked the first Jim Ford Classic the most. It wasn't sanctioned and ended up paying around 15k with a special format. Hopefully we see something like that this year.

Comment

Is the purse going to go up during the event like last night. Not that its a bad thing but high purses are ment to bring in cars for a high count and not just pay the ones more money that are there but then again fremonts been doing what they want this season and not really had nothing worth driving over for but the outlaws race in june.

Comment

Originally posted by DERF View Post
            1. No way. 2. Pittsburgh could be cancelled all together after all it's gone after this year anyhow. 3. What a shame to take the Jim Ford Classic(the man who saved Fremont) and screw it up the way Farmer has it does not matter what he pays it is tarnished as is Fremont Speedway I hope Tony sticks to his guns and never gives Fremont a Allstar show as long as Farmer is running it. Maybe it will be to HOT and it gets cancelled.
            DERF I would suggest putting your bid in to run Fremont the next time the contract is up. I am certain you have years of experience in promoting and I look forward to how you will take it into the future. Blake

Comment

I just hope they post the format soon since the race is only a few weeks away

Comment

Originally posted by Jay72c View Post
                I just hope they post the format soon since the race is only a few weeks away
                good luck with that. I been wondering all season.

Comment

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post

good luck with that. I been wondering all season.
                  Makes me wonder if him and the ASCoC are putting a deal together

Comment

Originally posted by Jay72c View Post

Makes me wonder if him and the ASCoC are putting a deal together
                    I would say if they did ... it would have been done by now, but that is me. You would want to try and promote it along with trying to get others from outside the area to attend as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X