Working man 75 and Lucas OIl at Attica

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working man 75 and Lucas OIl at Attica

Anyone else see that these big latemodel shows had low car counts considering they had great payouts? Im expecting to see a schedule change for one or both these tracks next season. Not sure what the problem is but it seems as if the locals aren't supporting the big boys coming to town. the tracks are only 4 hours apart also so maybe that's a problem now from the dwindling local car numbers too. Still a lot of locals that didn't show up and support there big money races.

Timing is an issue (IMO) especially when you have the World 100 next week along with two big sanctioning bodies just hours away on the same night.

Locals do need to support these races to show the track, promoter, and fans that they can compete and want to compete against the best out there. Maybe locals were protesting because they don't support soaking your tires like many of the Lucas boys seem to do a lot ... lol.

Comment

Or maybe it's if you time 5th & you have the likes of Owens, Bloomquist & other heavy hitters starting in front of you, you have a very good chance of staying 5th.

Last year or the year before the Heats finished like they started & the 1 I think Bloomquist won people were clapping & I said you people clap for that ****. About the 2nd heat of sprints was just fantastic & I said that's what racing is about. I will not spend 25 or 30 bucks to watch 2nd tier racing with the top notch drivers & equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprintcarfanatic View Post
        Or maybe it's if you time 5th & you have the likes of Owens, Bloomquist & other heavy hitters starting in front of you, you have a very good chance of staying 5th.

Last year or the year before the Heats finished like they started & the 1 I think Bloomquist won people were clapping & I said you people clap for that ****. About the 2nd heat of sprints was just fantastic & I said that's what racing is about. I will not spend 25 or 30 bucks to watch 2nd tier racing with the top notch drivers & equipment.
        I can agree with the gap in money between the locals and the lucas guys but it was quite the show this year watching doug drown charge right to the front in the beginning of the race and finish 3rd. hes got about a 50k car compared to the 200k+ lucas oil guys but its still good to see the locals make the a-main and try to compete. Even the ones who arent that good could get a little luck and make the feature. #13 the milk man was one spot away in his heat from making the feature that paid $800 to start I believe. Not a bad payday...

Comment

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
          Even the ones who arent that good could get a little luck and make the feature. #13 the milk man was one spot away in his heat from making the feature that paid $800 to start I believe. Not a bad payday...
          Especially when you think about what Attica pays to win the regular late model division ... sad. Really think the lates deserve a better purse and a better to win. Ideally I would like to see the 410's at 3,500 to win, late models at 2,000 to win and the 305's at 1,500 to win. Think all these divisions deserve a bump in the payout and the crowds have been pretty darn good this year at places like Attica throughout the entire year and their big shows were pretty much packed.

I know you will have fans on here telling me it isn't my money, blah, blah, blah... car counts are down and drivers are picking and choosing their races nowadays. Also having all these limited late model divisions aren't helping either (IMO).

Comment

I don't the lates are worth more than the 305's especially with not enough for a b main in years.

Comment

Attica don't need to pay $3500 A week for sprints but 2k for lates would be nice and $1200 for 305 next season.

Comment

They don't bring 20 cars most nights. Y would they pay them $2000

Comment

Try to bring in extra cars. Maybe a better payout would do that. Worth a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
                    I don't the lates are worth more than the 305's especially with not enough for a b main in years.
                    We have had this discussion before and we know your stance on hating the late models. On Friday night a lot of the locals proved you wrong when you said they wasn't very good in the past. They did quite well against some of the best late model teams in the country.

Not sure what having a B-Main or not makes it worthy of having a bigger purse or more to win at the top.

I personally think that a lot of good late models are staying away from places like Attica is because of the purse and the to win prize. We saw when they had a 2,500 to win late model show when the ALMS came in that they had a good car count with a B-Main which I guess is important to some fans.

Comment

Wtf? I raced late models for years so I definitely don't hate lates. I said that there are only about 4-5 that are capable of winning Attica which usually puts on a bad show. Most of them have a hard time putting 25 laps together without spinning out. That quality of cars ain't worth $2000 to run in my opinion. The talent runs way deeper in the 305's and provides better racing plus they bring 30+ cars. More cars = more back gate $.

Comment

Sanction fee's and non ump points keeps some away

Comment

Originally posted by ErocWolverine View Post

Especially when you think about what Attica pays to win the regular late model division ... sad. Really think the lates deserve a better purse and a better to win. Ideally I would like to see the 410's at 3,500 to win, late models at 2,000 to win and the 305's at 1,500 to win. Think all these divisions deserve a bump in the payout and the crowds have been pretty darn good this year at places like Attica throughout the entire year and their big shows were pretty much packed.

I know you will have fans on here telling me it isn't my money, blah, blah, blah... car counts are down and drivers are picking and choosing their races nowadays. Also having all these limited late model divisions aren't helping either (IMO).
                          Are you okay with paying $20 to get in every week then?

Comment

Originally posted by ErocWolverine View Post

As someone else said are you willing to pay more to get in? Tracks can't afford to pay more in the purse, if you think track owners are making out and taking a big check home with them every week then you are mistaken. Someone needs to take a big step towards making racing more affordable, in all classes.

Comment

Very few of the local boys are going to support Lucas Oil or the WOO because of the costs. New tires are not cheap, especially now that you have to get your RR from Lucas Oil exclusively. Why spend a bunch of money, which most don't have, and maybe tear your car up, and then not even make the A-main. As far as car counts are concerned, they are down most every where. Lucas Oil used to average over 40 cars per race and now some nights they are lucky to get 30. Same thing with the local shows as a lot of tracks now struggle to get full fields. But is throwing money all on the top really the answer? Atomic recently changed their purse structure. They kept the same total purse and went from 2000 to win to 1500 to win, and took that money and changed the starting money from 200 to 300. Before the change they were averaging 13 to 15 lates and are now averaging 20 to 25 lates. It didn't help the quality of the field, but it didn't hurt it either, as the same winning cars continued to show up.

Comment

Working...
                              X