Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Night at Wayne County

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Great Night at Wayne County

    Weather was perfect for racing. Grandstands were packed. 31 sprints.
    The excitement was Brad Haudenschild back in the seat of the 38k after returning from illness.
    During his heat race which he dominated I think he got about 3 standing ovations. The emotion of the crowd welcoming him back was amazing.
    It was great to see his smilng face.
    The program moved along quickly. All racing was done by 10.
    The feature was amazing with Sheldon Haud, Dale Blaney and Cole Duncan going for first.
    Racing was competitive thru the field.
    So proud of the local regulars who made it to the A. Danny Mumaw, Mitch Harble, Clay Riney, Jason Dolick and Brad Haud.
    Missed Jordan Ryan and heard he lost the motor at Attica.
    It was good clean racing without crashes.
    Sad that Lee Jacobs broke for his great grandpas memorial race.
    Sheldon and Cole Duncan former regulars at WCS definitely knew the way around the track.
    Prices at the track were very fair. Admission was lower than most for the 10k show.
    They did everything right to make the night memorable.

  • #2
    Agreed. Great show for the allstars and street stocks. But someone really needs to tell the florys the crate late model garbage they keep putting with the allstar shows are to the level of ridiculous. There idea of crates has failed miserably and to have 4.. Let me repeat that... 4 cars.... and actually have the nerve to run a heat and feature was the biggest waste of time ive ever seen. one of the drivers told me he didn't even want to race and thought it was ridiculous. oh and it was 1500 to win for the crates too.

    Comment


    • #3
      They have had the crates for 2 years and seems to be a big failure in my opinion. I dont know if they have ever had even a dozen at one time. The class seems to be shrinking not growing.
      it is supposed to be a rush series owned by former Mercer speedway owner Vicki Emig but the series is very disappointing. Maybe it does ok somewhere else but not at wcs.
      I would like to see them put that money into the super lates or especially beef up the sprint payoff thru the back to bring more sprints.
      Did not know the crate payoff was that much, so it really should have brought more in.
      I would like to see them eliminate that class next year and just stick with building up their 4 other classes. That is plenty of classes more than that is just too much to sit there and enjoy.
      WCS crew did a great job last night.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
        They have had the crates for 2 years and seems to be a big failure in my opinion. I dont know if they have ever had even a dozen at one time. The class seems to be shrinking not growing.
        it is supposed to be a rush series owned by former Mercer speedway owner Vicki Emig but the series is very disappointing. Maybe it does ok somewhere else but not at wcs.
        I would like to see them put that money into the super lates or especially beef up the sprint payoff thru the back to bring more sprints.
        Did not know the crate payoff was that much, so it really should have brought more in.
        I would like to see them eliminate that class next year and just stick with building up their 4 other classes. That is plenty of classes more than that is just too much to sit there and enjoy.
        WCS crew did a great job last night.
        Wish other area tracks would think about cutting some classes as well and putting more money into the other divisions they already have and have a strong field of cars such as the 410's and the 305's.

        The limited lates are having the same problem at Fremont with low numbers for the 602 late models.

        Wish they would just have late models or super late models or whatever you want to call them and be done with it. To many different divisions that it takes away from other divisions as well because you only have so many people that will get into racing and when you create more divisions that usually means taking away from some of those other divisions and creating smaller car counts.

        Look at the small count for the 602 lates at Fremont along with the dirt trucks at Fremont.

        Realize Oakshade has Late models on Saturday as well so that might hurt car count, but think Fremont could do away with the 602's and have late models or go in a completely different direction and have a entire sprint car weekly racing with the 410's, 360's, and 305's. The 360 division has only a couple of places to run on Friday and Saturday night in the state and think that could help out along with bring in another stepping division of sprint cars since that is the main attraction at Fremont most nights.

        Comment


        • #5
          Fremont's track is too small and rough for super latemodels.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
            Fremont's track is too small and rough for super latemodels.
            but they can run 602's?

            I have seen late models on a lot smaller tracks than Fremont. Let's not act like Fremont is Chico and Attica is Eldora here.

            Comment


            • #7
              the 602's don't fit with limited motors and a car count of 12 and under usually. track is always rough majority of the time. no way you could get super lates to run there weekly. You put 20+ quality super lates and you will have problems after one lap. They would have a problem getting up to speed and keeping it going. Also there would no room to pass and the leaders will be at the tail of the field so quick it would become a cluster and either they will run them off the track out the way or itll be a traffic jam. Id like to see it once though.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
                the 602's don't fit with limited motors and a car count of 12 and under usually. track is always rough majority of the time. no way you could get super lates to run there weekly. You put 20+ quality super lates and you will have problems after one lap. They would have a problem getting up to speed and keeping it going. Also there would no room to pass and the leaders will be at the tail of the field so quick it would become a cluster and either they will run them off the track out the way or itll be a traffic jam. Id like to see it once though.
                I personally think Fremont would be better off going to an all sprint classes ... 410's, 360's, and 305's. Think that would give the 360's another option. Realize that would mean more purse money and getting rid of trucks that Fremont created, the 602's that Fremont created and whatever else they run throughout the year.

                Think that would create a lot more excitement and also probably get my butt to Fremont a lot more than I have in the last decade. I don't like the crates, don't like the trucks, etc... I usually only go over there for bigger shows when the sprints are featured with only the 305's or I know it is only 1 lower support class.

                With Oakshade and Wayne County running Late Models it would be tough to compete with those programs along with many others that run on Saturday night for Late Models unless you have a lot bigger purse than those other tracks.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Since fremont likes to start divisions out of thin air if they were smart they should start 600cc mini sprints division not the 360's. a true starter division that's a sprint car and they set up very similar to the bigger cars. theres plenty of used chassis in near by pa were they are extremely popular. get the kids started there too.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Crate pay off was NOT $1500 to win, was regular purse!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I heard the one driver say he would rather just split the 1500. maybe he ment total pay for all four then. either way still only 4 cars.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        18 trucks last time they ran. That's full feild. Supers at Fremont used to be awesome and years ago was regular division. Seen one of favorites there. ALMS show 3 wide for win off 4. Think was Patterson, Yoder, and can't think of but was phenomenal race. The trucks and 602 classes are needed as starter classes. You have to have something. 360 isn't cheap. You go eroc thinking and cheapest starter division local is a 15k 305. Yep, that's used stuff. Can build 602 with used chassis and new motor for less then 8k. Seen race ready top notch truck for 5500. Not everyone as rich as eroc pockets!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
                          18 trucks last time they ran. That's full feild. Supers at Fremont used to be awesome and years ago was regular division. Seen one of favorites there. ALMS show 3 wide for win off 4. Think was Patterson, Yoder, and can't think of but was phenomenal race. The trucks and 602 classes are needed as starter classes. You have to have something. 360 isn't cheap. You go eroc thinking and cheapest starter division local is a 15k 305. Yep, that's used stuff. Can build 602 with used chassis and new motor for less then 8k. Seen race ready top notch truck for 5500. Not everyone as rich as eroc pockets!
                          I am pointing out what I like ... my opinion ... that is one reason why I don't go to Fremont that often is because of the support divisions that I don't care about. Been to Fremont once this season so you probably know the race I went too. That is why I have gone to Attica a lot more than Fremont this season and in the past. Fremont use to be the track I went to on a weekly basis ever since I was a kid. I have went to other tracks because of what I like to watch. I have driven further distances to watch what I like than go 25 minutes to Fremont.

                          Comment


                          • #14

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X