No announcement yet.

Mansfield Motor Speedway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just saw on Mansfield Facebook that if you want to camp there is a $25.00 fee. Be prepared for that if you are planning on camping.

Comment

• As someone who was there I will not be going back for awhile. I didn't say never, but there were enough things which were excusable delays and some not....especially since this is not a total rookie promoter.

Some examples: Got to track hour before "start time of 6:00" and the place was packed and was in the GA line to get in, which was almost to the street. Not wanting to stand in line my brother went on his phone, paid the convenience fee and bought our tickets online. Skipped the line and walked right in at that point. Then the bizarre inexcusable (or should I say foreseeable). Paid the extra $10/ea per ticket ($35/ea) for reserved seating. Well, we looked like idiots walking back and forth up and down trying to find the section listed on the tickets. Guess what, the section didn't exist. No track employee to help inform us or direct us what to do. So after fifteen minutes and assuming it was somewhere in the red backed seating area, another fan in that area informed us the track told them the sections were not marked and just find any red seat and take it. If your taking an extra $10/ticket, AT LEAST have someone posted in that section to help inform people what to do.

Track condition horrible at start. Did it need work, yes. However, no cars hit the track to hot lap until almost start time of 6. Then the way they treated the track and length of time could have been done different (others mentioned in their posts so I won't detail). However, they could have cut down the prep time in half. So now an 8;00 start time (no, I did not feel privileged qualifying cancelled for the already 2 hour delay).

Guess what, towards the top of those stands with a steady wind directly in the face all night; it got COLD. Did we need another hour and half delay for intermission: NO! I would have loved to seen the late model and non wing features but I saw my brother shaking because he wasn't prepared to be in the stands 6 hours at this point. So after the winged sprint feature we left and got in the car at 11:00.

For some of the reasons already mentioned is why my brothers 2 high school and 1 college age sons did not want to go to the track with us. They already have experienced long delays and don't like them. So they choose not to go. No need for me to go on here about how younger people do not have the patience as older generations do. However, this has to be considered when running these events to attract casual fans.

I am posting this here because this is not a casual fan site. I didn't post anything on a newspaper website, Facebook or Twitter, etc. This board is racing people, just like the majority in the stands. In fact, i would say conservatively, half the people in the grandstands are involved in auto racing at other dirt and asphalt tracks from what I saw and heard. So they were more accepting of opening night delays. I mention this here because I hope it has some constructive criticism and possibly reach back to those involved. Also, for those who attend again and in a long line to get into the track my advice: use your smartphone and pay online instead of standing.

I wish the track much success this season!

#BackToPitgate lol

Comment

• interesting take dzirzow and everyone is entitled to their opinion and where they choose to spend entertainment dollars like eroc says on here. Hopefully it was just first time blues for Mansfield but im sure everyone will be scrutinizing them on social media just like every other track. im guilty of that too since I hate the cooler policy and camping fee but the difference is im complaining because im going to attend there whole schedule most likely. Im also hoping they succeed and have the woo sprints next year since only attica has them this season in ohio besides Eldora.

Comment

• Why does everyone assume the younger generation is so impatient? There are impatient older and middle aged people too.. Probably about the same %age.

Comment

• Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
            Why does everyone assume the younger generation is so impatient? There are impatient older and middle aged people too.. Probably about the same %age.
            Because old people want to always feel like the newer generation is softer and they had it tougher than this newer generation ... happens all the time and have been hearing about it since I was young. Such as going 10 miles through snow to get to school type of stories, etc...

Older generations and track promoters could learn some things from the newer generations such as being more active on social media either before the races or even during the races. Along with having a good show and entertaining show for all the fans and not just the diehard fans. The younger generation has a lot more options than the older generations had for their entertainment dollars so sometimes you need to bring new ideas to attract fans, keep fans there, and bringing them back to the track.

Comment

• Sure, let's get monster energy drink and the girls with it hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
                Sure, let's get monster energy drink and the girls with it hahaha
                Think one of the Monster NASCAR girls use to be a Ms. Eldora at one time.

Comment

• Just saw on Facebook that the races have been postponed till sun.

Comment

• The Sunday April 2nd show will start earlier with the overall goal of getting competitors and fans home earlier.

Pit Gates Open 11a.m.
                    Driver’s Meeting 1p.m.
                    Spectator Gates Open 1p.m.
                    Engine Warm Ups 1:30p.m.
                    2p.m. On track racing begins.

Will be interesting with the car counts now having the show on Sunday afternoon.

Could be HUGE especially non-wing cars. USAC is running at Lawrenceburg Saturday night so some of those cars might come over on Sunday -- if they know about it of course.

Will any invaders come for a Sunday afternoon show for the 410's?

If Late Models don't come to this show I don't know what to say ...

Comment

• Your only UMP late model tracks are Attica & Oakshade, so if using their tire rules then lots of teams don't have tires in Ohio.

Comment

Your only UMP late model tracks are Attica & Oakshade, so if using their tire rules then lots of teams don't have tires in Ohio.
                        For 5,000 dollars to win, 400 to start a 24 car A-Main field, and a 19,500 total purse I would buy some tires.

Especially when most of these guys run for 1,200 to win and 160 to start. When a place like Attica's total purse is just barely over the top spot at Mansfield.

Don't follow the rules on late models or the tracks that have them ... Just curious, but what tire rule does Eldora have for their bigger races? Don't they use UMP? Also what tire rule does Hilltop, Atomic, etc... use? Can it really be that much different besides maybe using a different company other than Hoosier?

Comment

• Eldora uses ump. Majority of SE lates run another sanction rules. Rules all are pretty much same with exception tires. Some sanctions are America racer, some Hoosier then you have compounds such as Hoosier 1200, 1350,& 1400 vs ump being Hoosier LM 20 & 40. Now add in this year of different times of year you can groove & sipe tires or not. Hard to spend grand on tires to use couple times at most and that's only 5 tires

Comment

Eldora uses ump. Majority of SE lates run another sanction rules. Rules all are pretty much same with exception tires. Some sanctions are America racer, some Hoosier then you have compounds such as Hoosier 1200, 1350,& 1400 vs ump being Hoosier LM 20 & 40. Now add in this year of different times of year you can groove & sipe tires or not. Hard to spend grand on tires to use couple times at most and that's only 5 tires
                            Thanks for the information.

Comment

• Not sure why everyone just doesn't run hoosier lm's. Pretty sure only sanctioning body around here that doesn't use them is lucas and their open.

Comment

• Originally posted by MFW View Post
                                Not sure why everyone just doesn't run hoosier lm's. Pretty sure only sanctioning body around here that doesn't use them is lucas and their open.
                                That would be to simple along with it makes it better for the tire manufacturers so the racers will buy more tires especially if they are running different series or even different local tracks. You would think a company like Hoosier it would be a lot easier to only make 2-3 different RR, 2-3 LR, and 1 front tires instead of all these different tires. I understand different tracks, areas, times of the year might all play a part in all these different tires, but something needs to be done (IMO) to make it easier on teams.

Really think all these series and local tracks would just get together and have a plan for basic tires for the local/region/series ... I can understand if a local track would want a so called "spec" tire that last longer than a traveling series team would want so that is why you make 2-3 different tires ... 1 spec/hard tire, 1 soft tire, 1 medium tire.

Comment

Working...
                                X