Mansfield Motor Speedway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
    Mansfield is cancelled for this Saturday from facebook.
    Part 2 & 3 are rescheduled for July snd August.
    I believe this is a very smart move on their part. This way they can make and finish up improvements to the track before the All Star race.
    Hopefully this will bring them in good crowds and car counts so they stay in operation.
    Better to have this track up and running then to end up like Lakeville bulldozed and gone.
    I have not really checked into the make up dates to see if it conflicts with any other shows.

GTiger55 thanks for sharing the video.
    Round #2 ... July 16 ... Sunday the day after the King's Royal weekend. Could be a big success or the other way too ... Be interesting to see how many cars/drivers/teams will make this trip. Could be huge with a lot of travelers or guys worn out from Eldora that they need a break? You have the Brad Doty Classic on Tuesday for 10,000 ... Thursday for 10,000, Friday for 12,000, Saturday for 50,000 at Eldora and then Mansfield for 5,000 Sunday. If that doesn't get teams to travel to Ohio nothing will!

You got the huge crowds that go to Eldora for the entire weekend will some of those people want to venture to Mansfield on Sunday or simply go home? This might be a deal where you will see more fans that are traveling that week that will hit that show than a lot of Ohio local fans going to it. You will likely still get your regular local fans going to it, but not sure your going to get the fans that all go to Eldora than to Mansfield ... as of right now I doubt I go to this event simply because I already take off Thursday and Friday and spend a lot of time, money, etc... I usually go with my brother, dad, and his friend for a "boys night weekend". We use to have around 20 guys at one time and now down to 4.

Round #3 ... August 13 ... Sunday after the already 2 day Great Lakes show (competing with Knoxville weekend). Again be interesting to see how many cars will come to this event. Obviously the FAST/OSCS will be there for the Friday and Saturday night shows. Will they stick around for the third night in a row paying 5,000 to win, 15,000 to win, and another 5,000 to win? The big question is do they keep round #3 with the late models or do they switch it the to the 305's since they are already there? Going to be putting up a lot of money that weekend so it will be interesting to see if the local fans support it the entire weekend especially knowing all the big teams (WoO, All-Stars, and bigger traveling teams) will all be out at Knoxville. That could be a make or break weekend for the track and putting up that kind of money on 3 day show in a row ... they have the Boss non-wing cars there for 5,000 to win both Friday and Saturday too besides the make-up Sunday show. So could be a huge weekend for the non-wing cars!! The USAC sprint cars aren't running that weekend so could be a bigger non-wing show than anything else, but that is also when the USAC midgets are in PA too (August 13) Susky. The Silver Crown cars for USAC are in Salem on Saturday (August 12).

Will be interesting to see the fans, drivers, teams, and owners and how they support those 2 weekends for sure!

Comment

• In my opinion they are "over-saturating" the racing with the July 16 and August 13th dates. I doubt many of the Eldora cars are going to venture over to Mansfield for $5000 to win after already racing 4 nights the previous week. Same with the fans, it is a long drive from Eldora to Mansfield and with a lot of people already taking off two or more days of work and being gone all weekend I'm betting they will just want to go home.

August 13th might get a few more cars sticking around and pick up a few more fans. But it may also diminish their fan count for the big show on Saturday. If people are thinking that all the drivers will stick around for Sunday why would they pay more to watch the Saturday race when they can see the same cars on Sunday.

I think rescheduling for 2 Sundays that aren't following two other big races would have been a better move.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitch15 View Post
        In my opinion they are "over-saturating" the racing with the July 16 and August 13th dates. I doubt many of the Eldora cars are going to venture over to Mansfield for $5000 to win after already racing 4 nights the previous week. Same with the fans, it is a long drive from Eldora to Mansfield and with a lot of people already taking off two or more days of work and being gone all weekend I'm betting they will just want to go home.

August 13th might get a few more cars sticking around and pick up a few more fans. But it may also diminish their fan count for the big show on Saturday. If people are thinking that all the drivers will stick around for Sunday why would they pay more to watch the Saturday race when they can see the same cars on Sunday.

I think rescheduling for 2 Sundays that aren't following two other big races would have been a better move.
        Honestly I agree with you about the rescheduling of those two events for another time ... think a time when the All-Stars were in the area would have been a better date. Such as 4/16 (Sunday) or 4/23 (Sunday) when they are at Attica on 4/15 or Wayne County on 4/22.

Think the best spot would have been 5/27 though for one of the dates ... yea it is a Saturday night and who knows if the All-Stars would have scheduled a date or not, BUT the All-Stars are at Attica on 5/26, open on Saturday, and then race at Mansfield on Sunday 5/28. That would have been a pretty big Memorial weekend of 3 big nights of racing and might have drawn some teams in.

Agree to a point on teams/drivers ... Especially the traveling teams and All-Star teams they will likely take a break and prepare for the Lernerville race or head home after the weekend. A lot of the teams (Atomic, OSCS, FAST, Attica, Fremont, Wayne County) don't venture to Eldora anyway so that might help them for car count at least for the wing division. The fans will be interesting for sure because Eldora has been a gathering for so many fans and one of the biggest fan events in sprint car racing. Think Mansfield is going to have to fill that date with a lot of locals and hope they all come.

Agree with you on the fans that week -- a lot of money will be spent that one week for sure ... the ones that go to the King's Royal ... I don't see them going to Mansfield even if they are travelers and likely going to Lernerville on that following Tuesday. Fans need a little bit of a break too.

Comment

• I already have tickets for the King's Royal and if I wouldn't have to drive to Mansfield then back to school I would do it but it's just not feasible for me. Just like how this weekend at Atomic would be. Hard to make a Sunday show when there's a large turnaround on driving. I'm certainly planning on going for the Great Lakes Nationals as it'll be a long while before I'll be able to travel to Knoxville. Again though, I probably can't make the Sunday show due to traveling unless they start pretty early like they did last time. I don't have school on Memorial Day thankfully though so I can make the All Star show! Very excited for that one!

Comment

• I already took off work for the Doty and silver cup. I won't make it that Sunday in july and I doubt I'll drive over 3 nights in a row for great lake nationals but its still early and things could change but I know I can't miss work that Monday.

Comment

Working...
            X