Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WoO's out West ... surprise Schatz didn't win or even place in the top 3.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WoO's out West ... surprise Schatz didn't win or even place in the top 3.

Gravel wins ... Sheldon with a huge night coming from 19th to 4th.

Nice run for Sheldon.19th to 4th.

Comment

Name another driver who Its a suprise when he doesn't win. It was Steve Kinser. Now its Schatz. Good to see Dom Scelzi in the results. Maybe he will come east for Speedweek this year. His last name will open many doors for him in drag racing. Not so much in the sprint car world. His father could drive the crap out of a nitro car. Probably still can.

Comment

Comment

Yeah I guess Schatz wasn't too happy about no podium on night one. Sure figured out what they needed to do to make the car tick right the next night at Tulare. I think that is one of the reasons Donny is so dominant right now is he is very smooth going through lap traffic where it seems like a lot of the other drivers will usually get hung up on one of the lap cars.

Comment

Schatz has the most talent and the most horsepower. When will he switch to Ford power? I predict that he will win the Kings Royal with a Chevy between the frame rails. When his point lead is enough to clinch the championship, his team will experiment a Ford. None of this is intended as a knock against Ford. I'm glad Ford is returning to sprint car racing. Maybe MOPAR will return too.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
              Schatz has the most talent and the most horsepower. When will he switch to Ford power? I predict that he will win the Kings Royal with a Chevy between the frame rails. When his point lead is enough to clinch the championship, his team will experiment a Ford. None of this is intended as a knock against Ford. I'm glad Ford is returning to sprint car racing. Maybe MOPAR will return too.
              All those guys have the same HP.

Comment

I'd say it's moreso Warner and Schatz know how to get the most out of the HP than having more. As for the Ford motor, I don't think it really matters what he has in it. They wouldn't be considering making a switch if it wasn't something that they believed could make an impact on the track. Also keep in mind Stewart-Haas switched to Ford in Nascar so they may have a bit to do with it as well. For example, Stewart-Haas switch to Ford in Nascar so they could actually win some races (Gotta say Ford has been good this year all of a sudden) and Ford develops a new top notch sprint car engine for TSR in WoO. You scratch my back i'll scratch yours kinda deal. I'd like to also note that this is pure conjecture and I have no idea what actually went on.

Comment

TSR's impending move to Ford is because Stewart Haas switched from Chevy to Ford. Given Schatz' strong start this season, his team is probably in no hurry to make the switch. On the subject of HP, can I assume his motors probably get "freshened" more often than a lot of other racers motors. I'll revise my previous statement to; Donny Schatz has the most talent and the most money.

Comment

That is fair to say. I'd say KKR is definitely on par for money though, but split between two cars. Larson Marks racing may get there someday but I don't think they're spending that much yet.

Comment

I dont think money is an issue for the top teams. last time I seen the haulers pulling into a woo event I don't recall seeing any open trailers or anything less then a 42' stacker. Lol. im sure deep pockets help towards the end of the season especially if your doing some flips during the year but this early I doubt anyone is running used tires or lacking in the motor department.

Comment

I read that Bobby Allen's (two car - one hauler) team tours with the WoO on a fraction of Schatz' budget. When he was driving, I always rooted for Scruffy. He says the WoO is the only tour that makes economic sense for his team. He should know, but the ASCoC races are much nearer to his base of operation in central PA.

Comment

Brad Sweet

Comment

Logan Schuchart started in the 19th spot ... That is always cool to see somebody being able to move up on a dirt track especially at the WoO level.

Comment

Had to be a great race for the fans. Several drivers coming from the back to post good finishes. As you said Schuchart came from 19th. Schatz started 21st. Sides started 23rd. Wilson started 25th. Sheldon started 12th but had to go to the tail early on. All of them ended up with at least a top ten. Wish I would have went. Makes we want to drive to Perris tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X