April Fool's Day ARP vs. MMS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April Fool's Day ARP vs. MMS

What if Attica is rained out next Friday and uses the April 1st raindate? I'll be at ARP. Who's going to Mansfield?

I unfortunately won't be at either as I'll be back in Dayton for the weekend. I really did enjoy both races this weekend and damn Mansfield is Bad fast. I really enjoyed both races this weekend and frankly I just hope it doesn't rain so that the crowds/cars won't be split so much. To be fair though only 5-6 guys that typically run Attica actually came. Foos, Philo, Catfish, Lay, Valenti, and dependent on what Lee Jacobs plans this year you could throw him in there. I think both places will put on a great show and if I had to choose it'd be pretty hard. It's hard to compete with Attica's consistency and quality of show for the price. I'd probably head there if I had to choose but this by no means is to disparage Mansfield. I was really proud of them for choosing to fix the track instead of running a half-arsed show even if it displeased some fans. The racing was absolutely awesome at Mansfield and I really look forward to getting back there in the future.

Sidenote, if Helms wins next week it'll be a good and bad thing for him because he can't compete for the triple crown prize due to All Star show on April 8th at Atomic.

Comment

I think the triple crown extra 10k is over with. think you needed 30 cars in the division for the triple crown.

Comment

And I would go to attica most likely especially if rain tickets were given out.

Comment

I hate these type of questions to be honest ... I like both tracks and events ... the problem will be both events will suffer and honestly wish Attica would have used a Sunday rain date and not make people, fans, drivers, teams decide where to attend if it does rain out on Friday.

I was disappointed that more of the "Fast" or Attica regulars would have ventured to Mansfield, but once again many of them don't travel outside of Seneca/Sandusky county.

I would imagine that most of the Attica people will go there and most of the all-stars and others will venture to Mansfield simply because of a bigger purse, bigger to win, and with a split could be a bad show for both tracks ... let's not forget as well that Atomic will have the OSCS cars at their track so not sure how that will effect these two tracks besides likely Danny Smith and Cole Duncan might not attend, but will Cole Duncan want to race at Attica and Mansfield for a bigger purse or stay closer to home for one event?

Dale Blaney is suppose to be in the 11n this coming week.

Will be interesting to see how these event grows/declines these two weeks with other series starting up ... one thing I was disappointed about was the late models and their car count. Sad that a 5,000 to win event and can only draw 15 cars ... not many from Attica area either which was disappointing especially when they run for quite a bit less. You have USAC starting up at Lawrenceburg on Saturday so will be interesting on the non-wing car count.

Comment

I think that the impending doom and gloom rain that was forecasted hurt the car count as far as travellers, but I was really surprised with how few Attica local guys were there, thought a few more might come on out. Same with Wayne County drivers, thought Brad Haudenschild would come out as him and Mumaw are pretty dang close skill wise so he'd been top 8 or so likely. I was disappointed in the LM turnout but around this area can't expect much else I suppose. Just not a big group of guys who race them here that will race elsewhere than their home tracks.

The way I look at it, neither track is officially racing on the same date. Assuming Jac runs Mansfield plenty of fans will show up to watch him alone. The point is moot, I truly enjoy both tracks and look forward to going to them both very soon again!

Comment

brad haud said he didn't have a motor ready yet and he plans to race Mansfield may 28th allstar date. Told me he'll be ready for the wcs opener which is an allstar date. Latemodels are shooting themselves in the foot by not showing up to big money events. even at there home tracks they no show. I don't get it, so what your not going to win but your support is still needed when your division is struggling to survive. they keep the car in the garage and eventually itll stay there when you have no where to run. And it was surprising to see twice as many wcs regulars from last year show up to Mansfield then fremonts. It will be interesting to see what happens this weekend.

Comment

Trent Dunn's trailer is about 10 minutes away from Mansfield, and I know Mumaw is also from Wooster so they're very close. I believe both Harble's are from just south of Wayne County area but not sure. I know Mitch is planning on going to Atomic for the OSCS show next week rather than Mansfield so I'm assuming Jordan will be going as well. I think that's more of a distance thing than anything for the WCS county guys.

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                  Trent Dunn's trailer is about 10 minutes away from Mansfield, and I know Mumaw is also from Wooster so they're very close. I believe both Harble's are from just south of Wayne County area but not sure. I know Mitch is planning on going to Atomic for the OSCS show next week rather than Mansfield so I'm assuming Jordan will be going as well. I think that's more of a distance thing than anything for the WCS county guys.
                  We're from Newark, about 50 miles south of Mansfield. We're planning on heading back to Attica Friday and Mansfield Saturday of this week and next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch15 View Post

We're from Newark, about 50 miles south of Mansfield. We're planning on heading back to Attica Friday and Mansfield Saturday of this week and next week.
                    Thanks for the info ... was it you or your Jordan that pointed out to Mansfield to get rid of the tires and keep a dirt berm in 1 and 2? Saw it on twitter on Saturday night, but couldn't find it on Sunday when I was looking for it to add to this thread. I agree that I hate the tractor tires (this includes Attica) in the inside for any track to be honest especially when they are spaced out. Would rather see a entire concrete wall, guardrail, a dirt berm, or even tires stacked up side by side.

An effective dirt berm like Knoxville uses seems to work well for a lot of tracks if you don't want to have a concrete wall or metal guardrail up. Have it high enough where competitors don't try and take advantage of using it.

Also somebody pointed out about creating a opening in turn 4 and maybe even 3 and I agree with them ... think they should have a couple of opening so when cars are having issues they can get off the track and keep the show going and not slow it down by having to throw unnecessary cautions because a driver couldn't get into the pits or infield and had to stop on the track.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch15 View Post

Awesome, swear I read somewhere you guys were planning on running at Atomic next weekend. Sorry for the misinformation.

Comment

It was most likely Jordan who pointed out the berm. I like the idea of it but the berm they had needs to be compacted a lot better. I got behind someone who put their left front up on the berm and kicked up enough dirt to damn near rip my nose wing off.

Also, I would like to see them get rid of the wall in 3 or 4 similar to how 1 and 2 is. In my opinion they also need to shorten the infield walls and make the corners wider, they are very narrow right now, especially for how fast the track is.

Comment

Yes another opening to get into the infield would be great.
                          Jordan Harble
                          Mitch Harble
                          Jordan Ryan
                          Danny Mumaw
                          Troy KIngan
                          Shawn Valenti
                          Dylan Kingan
                          Bob Lime
                          Were some of what I would call the regular WCS sprints

Comment

What amazed me was all the Mansfield area late models that make the trip to Hilltop but were not at Mansfield. They seem to only be at Hilltop and don't go anywhere else, maybe he helps sponsor them so they don't travel. I did see Rob Metz came out of retirement. He used to run WCS and is a Mansfield area.
                            WCS late models were
                            JR Gentry
                            Larry Bellman
                            Doug Drown
                            Ryan Markham
                            Thought we would see B A Malcuit

Comment

Keep in mind with late models a lot of the local cars don't have the horsepower for WCS and thats why they go to hilltop. Tyler carpenter has won at hilltop with a crate motor.

Comment

Working...
                              X