No announcement yet.

April Fool's Day ARP vs. MMS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sucks that the fans will have to choose where to go. Weather forecast not looking good for Friday

Comment

Originally posted by DirtRacefan View Post
      Sucks that the fans will have to choose where to go. Weather forecast not looking good for Friday
      Besides the fans ... you have the teams, drivers, and even workers? Brian Liskai was working both and probably has to go with Attica, but a shame that Attica choose the Saturday rain date. I realize they had that rain date for years and can't blame them for doing it, but wish they would have took Sunday as a rain date knowing that Mansfield was having three big shows to kick off the year, but again I realize they need to worry about themselves and their teams which will likely pick them since most of them are running for points at Attica. Got to think about a 20/20 split hopefully for both tracks to at least field 3 heats and a full feature for 410's.

Not to many times in this area do race teams (410's, late models, and non-wing) get a pretty big purse and a bigger to win prize if it isn't a sanctioned event so to bad for those teams that have to decide between a regular paying show that gives track points to a track your planning on racing all year or a bigger paying show that isn't running all the time and just special shows.

Got to think most of the All-Star team will be split with some going to Attica while others will chose Mansfield for the simple fact of a bigger purse similar to what the All-Stars payout along with being a test session for most of those guys that have never seen the place let alone driven on the track while it was dirt.

I know one crowd favorite will be at Mansfield ... Jac. Be interesting to see where guys like Kemenah and Blaney venture to if get rained out especially since both have done well over the years at Attica, but a bigger paying show at Mansfield.

Also likely to lose a few southern teams as well since Atomic is racing Saturday night with the OSCS being there.

Comment

Attica would most likely cancel for the whole weekend with all the rain and freezing temps I would like to think. At high of 49 and lows in the 30's I don't think there will be enough fans to split but I guess we shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
          Attica would most likely cancel for the whole weekend with all the rain and freezing temps I would like to think. At high of 49 and lows in the 30's I don't think there will be enough fans to split but I guess we shall see.
          Temps I have seen have been around the mid to higher 40's to lower 40's while the racing should be going on and done.

I couldn't believe the difference between where I live and Mansfield last week ... it was almost 20 degrees difference when I got home from work.

I think your only looking at 25% of the fan-base that actually has to choose which event to attend. Think both tracks are far enough away from each other to have their own fan-base and like a small group that has to decide on which track to venture too.

I am closer to Attica, but might venture to Mansfield since I couldn't go last week to check it out. My worry is that most of the 410's will venture to Attica because of the All-Star race coming up soon along with teams running for points at Attica for the year. Also the fact that not to many of the Attica/Fremont/FAST teams traveled to Mansfield last week.

Comment

I disagree with you saying both tracks have their own fan base. Mansfield just opened last week. Attica does have an established fan base with me being one of them but with the rumors some of the southern lates are coming this weekend I'm probably going to Mansfield. Plus the non wing car count should be higher. Anybody knows when its in the 40's around half your fans aren't coming. Add that to the 25% that will fill a coin on which to attend u can see Attica attendance being terrible. They did make out last week but I'm sure they don't want use that $ to cover this week.

Comment

I disagree with you saying both tracks have their own fan base. Mansfield just opened last week. Attica does have an established fan base with me being one of them but with the rumors some of the southern lates are coming this weekend I'm probably going to Mansfield. Plus the non wing car count should be higher. Anybody knows when its in the 40's around half your fans aren't coming. Add that to the 25% that will fill a coin on which to attend u can see Attica attendance being terrible. They did make out last week but I'm sure they don't want use that $ to cover this week.
              Couple of questions ... if all tracks run this weekend that are planning on it ... Why would the southern late models come now with a late model race at Atomic? Also not sure of more non wing cars especially with USAC having a race at Lawrencburg?

Comment

I was told by a friend the Conley's planned to come to Mansfield and Jason Montgomery. Atomics not paying 5k and a lot of late models have to think they can come steal the win with only a few good cars last week. I figured the non wing car count will improve since the boss series isn't running and a lot of wingless drivers around here can't win against USAC competition. Maybe they will stay home again who knows. 5k and Mansfields show wasn't that bad. Sure some take the I'll wait and see how it is first. One thing that is concerning me is that Travis philo and kemenah said Mansfield needs address the issue of rocks on the track. That's not good.

Comment

Kemenah wasn't even there last week. We had a rock go through our nose in hotlaps but nothing the rest of the night. Attica has quite a few rocks too.

Comment

Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
                    Kemenah wasn't even there last week. We had a rock go through our nose in hotlaps but nothing the rest of the night. Attica has quite a few rocks too.
                    Just relaying that they both tweeted about it. I didn't hear nothing about rocks till yesterday. Sounded like kemenah wasn't going to Mansfield.

Comment

I was told by a friend the Conley's planned to come to Mansfield and Jason Montgomery. Atomics not paying 5k and a lot of late models have to think they can come steal the win with only a few good cars last week. I figured the non wing car count will improve since the boss series isn't running and a lot of wingless drivers around here can't win against USAC competition. Maybe they will stay home again who knows. 5k and Mansfields show wasn't that bad. Sure some take the I'll wait and see how it is first. One thing that is concerning me is that Travis philo and kemenah said Mansfield needs address the issue of rocks on the track. That's not good.
                      All three Conleys have Atomic on their schedule for Saturday ... And the rumor at Atomic last saturday was that Jason Montgomery may not race this year.

Comment

To be fair Mansfield had yet to announce a schedule when Attica had released their schedule. Don't get to see any racing this weekend but looking at coming back for Mansfield next weekend hopefully. Either that or I'll head to the all star show at Atomic.

Comment

So if Mansfield cancels, where is the best place to find out. They seem slow to update their social media and web site.
                          If someone hears they cancel, please post it here.
                          I like Attica but almost a 2 hour drive makes it hard when I work Fridays. Getting off wotk at 6 makes It difficult.Mansfield is 45 minutes when I take some back road shortcuts. That puts Mansfield at being my home track after Wayne County. The driving time wins on track I attend plus Mansfield is running the car classes I want to see. There is a closer track to me then all 3 but not interested in their classes they currently have.

Comment

I would presume their facebook page would be the first place it would be posted, seems to be the most up to date.

Comment

Another option for All Star drivers is to go to Atomic since they are hosting All Stars next week. I dont really think many will head that way but it is an option. The non wing car count should be good. A main last week was worth the price of addmission.

Comment

I'm heading to Attica if the Saturday rain date is needed, which is almost a given at this point. They have been using a Saturday rain date for early season events for several years, and they also had their schedule out before Mansfield. Plus they race every week, so I'll be loyal to them this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X