April Fool's Day ARP vs. MMS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
    So if Mansfield cancels, where is the best place to find out. They seem slow to update their social media and web site.
    If someone hears they cancel, please post it here.
    I like Attica but almost a 2 hour drive makes it hard when I work Fridays. Getting off wotk at 6 makes It difficult.Mansfield is 45 minutes when I take some back road shortcuts. That puts Mansfield at being my home track after Wayne County. The driving time wins on track I attend plus Mansfield is running the car classes I want to see. There is a closer track to me then all 3 but not interested in their classes they currently have.
    On their web page you can sign up for e-mail and text alerts, BUT ... not sure if they are using it or not yet. I signed up to it and haven't gotten anything from them yet and I signed up the day their web site went live. Can't remember where it was though will try and look it up.

Phone: 419-465-RACE

Comment

let's hope that Attica runs on Friday and Mansfield can run on Saturday to make it easy for everybody.

Comment

Rex LeJune is on Buckeye Speed Zone every week. Yesterday, he said the decision would be made mid morning on Friday. Brian Liskai's interview of Caleb Helms was very entertaining. Great radio!

Comment

ARP has cancelled tonight and Saturday.

Comment

Hilltop has also cancelled and will not be running Saturday, anyone here if Mansfield is gonna make a go of it?

Comment

Its too soon to make a call on MMS. Cool temps are forecast. I any of my racing buddies go, I will too.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
                Its too soon to make a call on MMS. Cool temps are forecast. I any of my racing buddies go, I will too.
                44 degrees at race-time isn't that bad especially if the sun is out ... I mean how many people go to football games either high school, college or pro football where it is a lot colder than that?

If Mansfield does run at least one thing will be better right off the bat ... the track. Shouldn't have to worry about not seeing a sprint car in hot laps like last week. Photo below.
                Image result for jac haudenschild photo at mansfield

Comment

Atomic has cancelled for Saturday also.

Comment

Should be an excellent car count if they can get it in!

Comment

Tomorrows forecast shows it being in the 30's up until noon. With temps that low it is going to be difficult to dry anything, especially after 24 hours of almost non stop rain.

Also, cold air is hard on equipment, especially engines. I wouldn't be surprised to see them cancel, or have a decreased car count if they don't.

Sunday afternoon looks like it would make for a decent rain date.

Comment

There might end up being more bench racing than the real thing in the near future. The northwest Ohio forecast next week ( from meteorologists on two different television channels ) has rain for five days beginning Monday, with two of the days being forecasted as " soakers ", and cold enough on Friday that the rain could be mixed with snowflakes. We had better weather in February . ⛈❄️☔️

Comment

Originally posted by Fanfor60years View Post
                          Atomic has cancelled for Saturday also.
                          Just asking a question. Where did you see this information? Website doesn't show anything at this time. Not doubting it but just trying to verify. Thanks.

Comment

I saw on their facebook that they have cancelled for tomorrow.

Comment

Mansfield is running sunday pits open at 11am- spectator gates at 1pm and racing at 3pm.

Comment

Originally posted by sprintfn70 View Post
                                I saw on their facebook that they have cancelled for tomorrow.
                                Thank you. They have still not changed the website to indicate it is cancelled. I hope no one goes thinking they are running.

Comment

Working...
                                X