Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atomic Moves to Sunday the 9th.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Atomic Moves to Sunday the 9th.

    Atomic Speedway in Chillicothe, Ohio, will open pit gates at 1:00pm on Sunday, April 9. General admission gates are scheduled to open at 3:00pm, followed by hot laps at 5:00pm. A mandatory drivers meeting will be conducted at 4:30pm. Those seeking additional news and notes pertaining to the event should visit Atomic Speedway live on the Web at www.atomicspeedway.net.
    2017 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 21.5 Races - Attica-4, Volusia-4, Ocala-3, Wayne County-1, Atomic-1, Mansfield-1.5, Fremont -1, Daytona-1, Lernerville-1, Mercer-1, Lincoln (IL), Macon, 34 Raceway (5.5 - Rain Outs) thru 6-12-17

    2016 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 59 Races @ 28 Tracks; (15-Rain Outs)
    2015 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 56 Races @ 25 Tracks; (12-Rain Outs)

  • #2
    Good call. I imagine Attica & Mansfield will also be postponed/cancelled.

    Comment


    • #3
      Its the best thing with the forecast what it is. Wish I could go it will be a good show. Starting to late and to many classes for me on a Sunday night and a hour and half drive. I was ready for this one.

      Comment


      • #4
        Went to the Atomic web page link and it has a huge ad, about 10" by 10", touting the SATURDAY April 8th races. Great ad with all the needed info...gate price-start times-address-all the good stuff one needs to attend the races on SATURDAY. If indeed this has been changed, I hope they get that updated soon. When one goes to the site, there will be no need to look any further on the web site for anything after seeing the opening ad.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by beaner View Post
          Went to the Atomic web page link and it has a huge ad, about 10" by 10", touting the SATURDAY April 8th races. Great ad with all the needed info...gate price-start times-address-all the good stuff one needs to attend the races on SATURDAY. If indeed this has been changed, I hope they get that updated soon. When one goes to the site, there will be no need to look any further on the web site for anything after seeing the opening ad.
          That is one thing a lot of tracks and promoters could really use a huge upgrade on is their social media presents. Think a lot of times they are stuck in the past with some of their ideas along with not being tech-savvy.

          Attica for example has exploded the past couple of years with either their fan-base, track personnel, or themselves of really getting out in front of it. They have even gotten the fans involved lately/this year and making them feel more involved.

          I have always said that tracks need to embrace social media and use it to their advantage and not feel scared of it or feel that if they don't use it more fans will come to the track (old timer thinking). In theory that sounds good, but in today's social media climate more fans are likely to come the more active you are with them.

          I been saying that the entertainment dollars are thinner now than ever before in my lifetime and a lot more options today than ever before and tracks need to embrace it, and get in front of it. Seen Attica twice in the past couple of weeks knowing the same philosophy and stating it.


          Brian Liskai‏ @BrianLiskai

          Replying to @dirtinit @atticaracewyprk

          Thanks for picking @atticaracewyprk to spend your hard earned $ . Our team will continue to work hard for the fans and team.


          Attica Raceway Park‏ @atticaracewyprk 15h15 hours ago

          Attica Raceway Park Retweeted Brian Liskai

          Perfectly said, Brian! There are many things fans can spend their entrainment money on & when they choose ARP, well we are so appreciative!

          Comment


          • #6
            The Atomic website has not been updated. The schedule change is announced on the track's Facebook page. Want to know if a track's show is really on before you make the drive? Check Facebook. Here's an instance where computers actually make racing better. Back in the day we called the track before leaving home. Sometimes we would get to a race and then find out the event was cancelled.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by racemak View Post
              The Atomic website has not been updated. The schedule change is announced on the track's Facebook page. Want to know if a track's show is really on before you make the drive? Check Facebook. Here's an instance where computers actually make racing better. Back in the day we called the track before leaving home. Sometimes we would get to a race and then find out the event was cancelled.
              Atomic basically only uses Facebook when it comes to social media. I'm not actually on Facebook, I only see the embedded posts when I occasionally go to their website. I use Twitter, which they have an account (which was one of the first accounts that I followed after joining) that is rather inactive other than retweeting things from other accounts. Atomic really needs to step up their PR game. I'm sure that I saw an announcement during the off season that they joined with one of the dirt track PR groups that's out there, but it hasn't seemed to make much difference.

              Comment


              • #8
                Was looking at going to Atomic for the 8th with my girlfriend but she doesn't wanna ride in a car 1hr and a half back from chillicothe and turn around and drive 2hrs back to Bowling Green, OH in one night and I can't blame her. Looking at maybe making my first ever trip to Indiana (never been in the state) and watching some non-winged action at Lawrenceburg. I've heard nothing but good things about that track.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                  Was looking at going to Atomic for the 8th with my girlfriend but she doesn't wanna ride in a car 1hr and a half back from chillicothe and turn around and drive 2hrs back to Bowling Green, OH in one night and I can't blame her. Looking at maybe making my first ever trip to Indiana (never been in the state) and watching some non-winged action at Lawrenceburg. I've heard nothing but good things about that track.
                  The track is awesome! Definitely one of my favorites

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You will like Lawrenceburg speedway. Great track. Good luck in the casinos.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Just turned 21 yesterday so I could actually go to a Casino now... Hmmm...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Get a new girlfriend

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by DERF View Post
                          Get a new girlfriend
                          Hey she let's me drag her to dirt races in general. And she actually likes them lol. Took her to Fremont for her first ever race and went to WCS when literally every other track in ohio got cancelled and we saw a low cycling cloud go by during the race. That was an interesting night at WCS. About a 30 minute rain delay after they got almost all heats in then finished up the night. The attached photo is from that night.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Danny Dietrich is running the Atomic race now on Sunday ... of course if they run it. He is running Williams Grove, Lincoln and then Atomic.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Double D for the win at Atomic if they get the show in. Calling it now...
                              ~~ Connect with me on LinkedIn ~~
                              http://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanautullo

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X