FAST305 vs Racesaver 305

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAST305 vs Racesaver 305

From what I understand the racesavers are more limited and therefore slower. Anyone have any idea how? Also, could a racesaver305 run in a Fremont/Attica race? And vice versa, what about a Fremont/Attica 305 racing with racesavers?

I believe it comes down to the sealed engines ... stock parts as well for it such as the heads.

I would think the racesavers could run at Attica/Fremont for the simple fact of being a 305 and following those rules, but don't believe a 305 from Attica/Fremont could run in a racesaver race for the simple fact I believe those engines (racesavers) are sealed and don't allow competitors to mess with them.

Comment

i could be totally wrong but aren't the fast 305 engines basically 360 bottom ends with 305 heads or the bottom ends have some type of aftermarket work done for hp?

Comment

I was also curious to know what a winning fast 305 motor cost?

Comment

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
          Ask Paul weaver!

Comment

Gressman Powersports 419.355.8980

Level Performance 419-334-9470

Kistler Engines (419) 332-1843

Griffs Engines (419) 625-0783

Fisher engines 614-873-7062

Call one of these engine builders and ask them, or you can ask the keyboard jockies of pitgate and get a bunch of "here's what I think" answers

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Curlis View Post
              Gressman Powersports 419.355.8980

Level Performance 419-334-9470

Kistler Engines (419) 332-1843

Griffs Engines (419) 625-0783

Fisher engines 614-873-7062

Call one of these engine builders and ask them, or you can ask the keyboard jockies of pitgate and get a bunch of "here's what I think" answers
              Good to know a list of engine builders for when I get try to get a 305 car someday after college! lol

Comment

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
                The true answer is way too much. Our first 410 cost less than our last 305, and we won races with it! I've seen used Attica/Fremont 305 engines listed for sale at $15,000+. A good -12 410 will run you $10,000-$12,000.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch15 View Post

The true answer is way too much. Our first 410 cost less than our last 305, and we won races with it! I've seen used Attica/Fremont 305 engines listed for sale at $15,000+. A good -12 410 will run you $10,000-$12,000.
                  I wonder if the 305 Attica/Fremont/FAST would ever go to the racesaver 305 engines at some point or is it to far gone? I realize it would be pretty tough to do now especially with all the teams that are following in the area and spending the money they are doing now, but the purse isn't moving and has been way under what it probably should be, but the cost is skyrocketing for these engines. I just can't believe they have so many 305's in this area for what it cost.

Think the 305's ... I know a lot of tracks across the country would have to agree on it to do it, but I believe they need to get the 305's back to being a feeder division and at least one division where the cost are in check at some point. Without having a big traveling series like the WoO or All-Stars it makes it tough because when they change the rules a lot of times the locals follow them for the most part.

I would bet if they would ever change the rules on the engines for the 305's in this area they would have to give the teams more notice than just the off-season. Say right now they announce that in 2018 or 2019 that they are going to the racesaver engine program so teams know way in advance.

If 360's were more popular in the area I wonder if that would have helped out for teams moving up or changing engines and using the 305 what it was meant to be a feeder division? Just not that many tracks run 360's on a regular basis any longer which is a shame. Actually was hoping Mansfield would have picked up the 360's for a couple of the shows with the 410's, but maybe they will add them next season when/if they expand their racing schedule?

Comment

Motor costs are out of hand everywhere. A new 410 is $60,000+, 360's are $45,000+. Even used they are still $20,000-$30,000 for a good high powered 410 or 360. And then couple that with a $7,500 freshen every 15-20 races. And we are still racing for pretty much the same money that we were 15 years ago when costs were half what they are now.

I'm not complaining about track payouts because I know they are paying as much as they can, but something has to be done about the cost of engines or else car counts will just continue to fall.

Comment

The only real difference between Racesaver and Attica rules is that Attica allows All Pro heads, external oil pump, crank mounted water pump and gear drives. Racesaver says you must run Brodix heads so French Grimes can get paid for stamping his number on it. Also they make you run stock location belt drive water pump. Must run a dampner and timing chain along with stock location oil pump. The rotating assemblies are the same except you have to pay to have the Racesaver motors sealed by their guy. You have to join IMCA too for $105. Racesaver motors make 450 while a good All Pro/ Engler motor will make 520-540 legally. Racesaver is all about who is blowing who and the racers are the ones getting screwed. When Attica is averaging 30+ 305's they won't changing anything.

Comment

Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
                        The only real difference between Racesaver and Attica rules is that Attica allows All Pro heads, external oil pump, crank mounted water pump and gear drives. Racesaver says you must run Brodix heads so French Grimes can get paid for stamping his number on it. Also they make you run stock location belt drive water pump. Must run a dampner and timing chain along with stock location oil pump. The rotating assemblies are the same except you have to pay to have the Racesaver motors sealed by their guy. You have to join IMCA too for $105. Racesaver motors make 450 while a good All Pro/ Engler motor will make 520-540 legally. Racesaver is all about who is blowing who and the racers are the ones getting screwed. When Attica is averaging 30+ 305's they won't changing anything.
                        Thanks for the info ...

Comment

Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
                          I wasn't meaning it as Attica should change anything! I like the Fremont/Attica 305s! Thanks for the info! A big part of the reason I was asking is I heard there is a small racesaver 305 touring series racing mostly southern Ohio and wasn't sure if any of the local drivers could race in it if local shows got cancelled. I know they race once at Hilltop which isn't too far away so thought it was worth asking!

Comment

Ya it's the Ohio Thunder series. They told us we could race with them but we wouldn't get paid because our motors didn't have the Racesaver card. It's a exhibition racing series that are a fill in for some tracks. Not real competitive and they averaged 5-7 cars last year. It's just a cheap way for them to say they race a sprint car. Find them on Facebook and watch their videos and you'll see what i mean.

Comment

Hey, Jason! Aren't you a keyboard jockey too? If you are not, please tell us why. I prefer the term "Keyboard Cowboy". Yee Haw!

Comment

Working...
                              X