Who is Dickerson?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is Dickerson?

Anyone ever here of a sprint car driver by the name of Dickerson that used to race Mansfield and local tracks on dirt. My friend's stepdad said he was a big redhead guy that got banned from places for fighting. Sidenote.. I think taking my friend to Mansfield got him interested in dirt racing

I knew Mike Dickerson that ran street stocks at Mansfield back in the day. Never knew him to run sprints but he coulda. He was a fighter tho

Comment

It may have bern and my friend mistranslated the story.

Comment

He had a son Jeremy

Comment

Dave Dickerson drove sprints at Lakeville back in the day bob Dickerson built the cars aka mudcat chassis

Comment

My friends stepdad said the guys was real tall like around 6'4 if that matches anyone you guys have mentioned.

Comment

You would be referring to Dave Dickerson.
              He raced the 34 sprint car.
              The family business was Mudcat Chassis started by I believe his father Bob Dickerson who they called Big Bob. They also made custom nerf bars and a few other spares. Bob passed away several years ago.
              Dave raced mainly at Mansfield, Lakeville, and Wayne county.
              His son Jeremy Dickerson raced Super Stocks at Attica, Hilltop, Lakeville and Wayne County. He raced a modified for a few races at Hilltop last year. Dave when he was at WCS a few years ago was in a wheelchair.

Comment

Okay this is interesting.
                I googled mudcat chassis ohio and got results.
                First came up jimmiesoldtimerace photos under an ohio message board
                Lots of pics of Dickerson and Mansfield

Comment

Hey GT, I applaud you for your interest in racing history. As I have said before, you are the young fan all of racing wants to attract. Maybe you can be a marketing consultant for NASCAR after you graduate. NASCAR would pay you a butt load of money to tell them how to make their sport appeal to your generation. Once you become wealthy, you could own a sprint car team. As much as it needs young fans, dirt racing needs new car owners with deep pockets.

Comment

Terry Halbeisen from Fremont has a Mudcat chassis Sprint car that he races and shows with Fremont Speedway Historical Club, and is often shown in the Fremont Speedway Hall of Fame. The car was built in Mansfield by Bob Dickerson.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
                      Hey GT, I applaud you for your interest in racing history. As I have said before, you are the young fan all of racing wants to attract. Maybe you can be a marketing consultant for NASCAR after you graduate. NASCAR would pay you a butt load of money to tell them how to make their sport appeal to your generation. Once you become wealthy, you could own a sprint car team. As much as it needs young fans, dirt racing needs new car owners with deep pockets.
                      Thanks man I appreciate it. I'm a lab rat though, more comfortable with an agar plate of bacteria than I am talking to people and especially sales pitches lol.

Thank you guys for all the info you've provided. I'm glad to see that history hasn't left this guy by the wayside.

Comment

Working...
                      X