Attica Spring Nationals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saphead View Post

That has to make the IOW'ers skin crawl. They might dis-own him completely.
    What is an IOW'er? Since many of the All Star regulars have limited experience at Attica, wouldn't it be wise for the ASCoC to allow them to race on Friday?

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
      What is an IOW'er? Since many of the All Star regulars have limited experience at Attica, wouldn't it be wise for the ASCoC to allow them to race on Friday?
      indianaopenwheel.com which is a message board dedicated to the nonwinged sprint car fans.

Comment

I think the ASCoC guys can get an exception through all stars? I think they do do that but I could be wrong.

Comment

They are not going to let their drivers race Friday. Have to protect the brand since it is not a sanctioned race.

Comment

I still look for there to be at least 30-35 410's on Friday. With a great weather forecast hopefully a few surprise travelers.

Comment

What ever happened to rob Chaney?

Comment

I know Cole Duncan ran the 9x for him towards the end of last year but haven't seen the car this year yet. It's early though so he may still be coming at some point. Lot of the area drivers weren't at the events to start the year (Trey Jacobs, Dean Jacobs, Broc Martin to name a few)

Comment

Originally posted by Jay72c View Post
                  They are not going to let their drivers race Friday. Have to protect the brand since it is not a sanctioned race.
                  To me, that is a smart decision by the All-Stars simply because the fact why allow the teams to run if the tracks aren't wanting your all-stars or willing to pay for them to show up. That would make it like the old days under Webb where on a regular show you had almost all the all-stars at Attica and then the next week they are there for a all-star race for another 7 dollars which some fans don't understand the difference for price, purse, tow money, etc....

Just hope some of the fans that are going to Attica on Friday that are expecting to see the All-Stars aren't disappointed ... especially if they are only going on Friday and not Saturday thinking maybe they could see the All-Stars at a cheaper price.

Both days should be a good day if weather holds up and good paying shows for both nights too!

Comment

Here's how I see this BS rule...I - as an average fan - can only go to ONE race this weekend. I'm going on Friday night to support the LOCAL teams/drivers. The All Stars really don't bring much to the table anymore and I'll save my $$ on Saturday and probably see a better show on Friday night. This isn't All Star bashing...this is All Star RULE bashing. Who gets cheated? The fans do. The drivers do, too because its $5000 to win on Friday night. The good news is, a local or non-All Star will hoist the big check at the end of the night.

Not to mention...a bigger threat of the R-word on Saturday, so then who gets screwed because they weren't allowed to race on Fri night? Dumb. These people need to drop the damn politics and work together for the better of the sport. That hasn't happened in all the years I was involved...won't happen now. Pretty sad.
                    ~~ Connect with me on LinkedIn ~~
                    http://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanautullo

Comment

Your saving yourself $4.00 and your not going to see 15-20 cars ... so not sure how that will make for a better show?

Bottom line ... if you want to complain about the 2-day show deal than blame the tracks who don't want to pay tow money, fees, higher priced purses, etc... for the second night. This is what happens when people (tracks/promoters) have been taking advantage of a series for way to long. If this was a two day event and the WoO's were on the schedule for Saturday night at Attica not many people would be complaining about it because they all know the rules and know the WoO teams wouldn't be at the Friday event either.

Your right the fans will be the ones cheated because a lot of people will believe the teams will be at Attica and they are basically paying a lot higher price at the ticket window to see a local show and I feel bad for those people who don't know that the all-stars won't be there.

I personally would have rather paid another $4.00 for the entire weekend of a 2-day show to see the All-Stars both nights at Attica ... Your basically talking $44.00 vs. $40.00. I am willing to bet most fans would as well especially if they knew the rules and why they are doing it. Fans are spending a lot of their hard earned entertainment dollars and to think that 2 beers (at Eldora prices) is the difference between having the All-Stars there both nights vs. what we have right now. With fans paying gas prices, food prices whether at the track or before/after the races, something to drink(s), and maybe even getting off work early Friday or rushing around to get to Attica ... $4.00 isn't that big of deal in the long run (IMO) especially when your getting an additional 15-20 cars. Again (IMO) I would have been happier to pay the additional charge, but I know that might not be every-bodies take on it.

Comment

Random team notes ... at or not at Attica

SpenserBayston/Kevin Swindell team ... both nights.
                        Travis Philo ... both nights.
                        Tim Shaffer ... Saturday night only.

For those holding out hope for Kraig Kinser to run the All-Stars still ... nope he is in Texas with the WoO's.

Speaking of the WoO event tonight ... Cap Henry is in the 82 B-Dub car tonight. Christopher Bell in the 67 Kunz car, Brady Bacon in the 99, and Parker Price Miller still following the WoO. As most know Kasey Kahne at the WoO event this weekend as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ErocWolverine View Post
                          Random team notes ... at or not at Attica

SpenserBayston/Kevin Swindell team ... both nights.
                          Travis Philo ... both nights.
                          Tim Shaffer ... Saturday night only.

For those holding out hope for Kraig Kinser to run the All-Stars still ... nope he is in Texas with the WoO's.

Speaking of the WoO event tonight ... Cap Henry is in the 82 B-Dub car tonight. Christopher Bell in the 67 Kunz car, Brady Bacon in the 99, and Parker Price Miller still following the WoO. As most know Kasey Kahne at the WoO event this weekend as well.
                          Add cap henry's name to the list of drivers for the BWW one race and done car lol.

Comment

Jac will be at Attica both nights.

Comment

to me if it was just a $4 dollar difference it wouldn't be an issue and attica would have the allstars Friday too but almost no track but atomic will schedule a 2 day allstar shows because of the high sanctioning fees. Maybe rich farmer had a valid point and last year atomics double header wasn't a huge success with the weather so lets see how this year goes. I did notice the 2nd day purse has dropped to 10k instead of 20k like they ended up doing last year anyway at atomic. port royal has 50k on there 2nd day this year but ive never been over there. im just talking about ohio tracks that im familiar with.

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp View Post
                                Here's how I see this BS rule...I - as an average fan - can only go to ONE race this weekend. I'm going on Friday night to support the LOCAL teams/drivers. The All Stars really don't bring much to the table anymore and I'll save my $$ on Saturday and probably see a better show on Friday night. This isn't All Star bashing...this is All Star RULE bashing. Who gets cheated? The fans do. The drivers do, too because its $5000 to win on Friday night. The good news is, a local or non-All Star will hoist the big check at the end of the night.

Not to mention...a bigger threat of the R-word on Saturday, so then who gets screwed because they weren't allowed to race on Fri night? Dumb. These people need to drop the damn politics and work together for the better of the sport. That hasn't happened in all the years I was involved...won't happen now. Pretty sad.

Totally agree this rule sucks!! There guys are professional drivers and AS LONG as they don't skip an All Star race to run another track on an All Star night THEY SHOULD be able to make a living when the All Stars are not racing!! Plain and simple, its a pure crap rule!!

Comment

Working...
                                X