Lucas Oil Show at Sharon Speedway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucas Oil Show at Sharon Speedway

I was wondering if any other pitgaters attended last nights show and thought it was as terrible as I did? The only thing that was good about the night was seeing that the fans packed the place out in the cold. Everything else was terrible and I mean everything. Food prices, the actual food, no cooler policy, parking was a swamp, only 2 porta-johns for 2k fans on the back stretch, and the track surface was garbage. They dragged there feet to rework the whole thing and made it worst. Lucas Oil made it a non points race so the majority of them put little to no effort to win or stay out there on the terrible track. 7 latemodels finished the feature out of 24. wasn't even a race it felt more like a austrailian pursuit since cars pulled off after every lap. The car counts were also terrible. 40 cars total in the pits 26 super lates and 14 emods. Seems like local cars don't support lucas oil in eastern ohio and western,pa. you could of made the feature with a crate engine last night the bmain so bad. I think the top 6 made it out of the 7 cars and they finished 4 cars. And why Sharon decided to run a support class that they dropped for this upcoming season is beyond me. like those guy are going to come on a Friday when they all work since its econo class and especially since you dropped them. First time I think ever I didn't get my moneys worth at a track ever. This is the first time ive thought they would of been better off cancelling and ive never said that before but they didn't because Sharon knew of the crowd that was coming and the shape everything was in didn't matter so they could cash in $$$$$$.

http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?373...eedway-in-Ohio.

Nope your not alone but some sound reasoning behind it

Comment

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
      The car counts were also terrible. 40 cars total in the pits 26 super lates and 14 emods. Seems like local cars don't support lucas oil in eastern ohio and western,pa. you could of made the feature with a crate engine last night the bmain so bad. I think the top 6 made it out of the 7 cars and they finished 4 cars. And why Sharon decided to run a support class that they dropped for this upcoming season is beyond me. like those guy are going to come on a Friday when they all work since its econo class and especially since you dropped them. First time I think ever I didn't get my moneys worth at a track ever. This is the first time ive thought they would of been better off cancelling and ive never said that before but they didn't because Sharon knew of the crowd that was coming and the shape everything was in didn't matter so they could cash in $$$$$$.
      Car count is tough to come from especially when you have a lot of regular late model tracks opening up and running points. Cars don't usually support a track if your not running that series all the time.

I always feel as mentioned in another thread whenever you have a huge series coming in to have your best support class with that series.

Comment

Working...
      X