Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farmers traveling FAST series and OSCS re-schedule rainout on Eldora WoO/USAC weekend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farmers traveling FAST series and OSCS re-schedule rainout on Eldora WoO/USAC weekend

Makes sense ... NOT, but for Farmer makes perfect sense.

Why not compete against the best and see where your series teams/drivers stack up against the WoO and All-star team that will likely show up?

Feel bad for the teams and drivers in that area who would likely attended Eldora that weekend.

Realize that not many of the FAST guys will venture down to Eldora, but several of the OSCS guys would have. Sad that the FAST drivers will skip a $10,000 to win race (likely two races) which is 2 hours closer for most of them and then drive 4 hours for a $2,500 to win race (1 race).

Now the fans in that area have to decide whether to attend a local event or see the best sprint car teams/drivers in racing in non-wing and wing racing.

The OSCS race was already on Atomic's schedule so FAST was just added to the event. Doubt any of the 13 FAST regulars would have went to Eldora but imagine some probably not thrilled with the last minute change.

Comment

At this point in the season it's hard to reschedule without stepping on anyone's toes. But that's the deal with series, race where they tell you when they tell ya. I would be willing to bet Philo will be at Eldora both nights if they get it in since he isn't running FAST.

Comment

I wouldn't do Eldora any favors. Not a very significant history of Fremont / Attica drivers competing at Eldora. Nearly two different genres of racing. Eldora can and does do their own thing, and others do their own things. Reed, Lay, Martin, etc, don't race at the E. Just an opinion. I don't see anything sinister here.

Comment

I think there are enough fans and cars for both races. There may be a joker in the deck. What if it rains at Eldora on Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
            I think there are enough fans and cars for both races. There may be a joker in the deck. What if it rains at Eldora on Saturday?
            If it rains out Eldora it is likely to rain out Atomic as well. Also I don't think it is a good deal for the FAST teams to travel 4 hours south for one race weekend that pays the same as racing at Attica for a FAST event.

Understand that point about cars and fans, but your never going to see how well cars in Ohio do if you don't compete against the best in the business ... you don't see the top PA teams/drivers going other places when the WoO are in town. They compete and want to see how well they can do against the WoO. Some people might not care about boasting about how good the Ohio cars can be, but hard to say your good if your not competing against the best like the California teams do, the Knoxville teams do, or the PA teams do when the WoO's come in the area.

Ohio only has so many chances to prove they can compete with the WoO's since a lot of the Ohio tracks don't want or can't get a WoO show. The Brad Doty Classic is the only one that the FAST series/Attica/Fremont teams will go up against the best.

Do I think the FAST or OSCS team can beat the WoO's or All-Stars at Eldora? No, but they can compete with them, make the feature, and make some good money.

Now a guy like Cole Duncan (Not sure if he is running the OSCS series or not) has to decide do I stay close to home and race for less money or go to Eldora and compete against the best in the country.

This is why I debated a couple of years ago that I believe Ohio has to many of these local series. Yea, it helps several tracks keeping their locals at their tracks, but it hurts the teams from traveling and seeing how well they can do against tougher competition, but it also hurts the fans that want to see big car counts, see the locals/smaller series competing against the WoO's.

Comment

I'm not interested in how ARP/Fremont cars do against the WoO. Is it important to see how area weekly racers compare with the WoO? Nope. Well, I guess it is to the WoO because that is what the WoO is selling. Tracks other than Attica & Fremont should not be on the FAST schedule until the the name of the series reflects the addition of other tracks. I suggest a new acronym: WAAFT. Waynesfield-Attica-Atomic-Fremont-Title. Race teams following the entire series could be called "WAAFT'ers.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
                I'm not interested in how ARP/Fremont cars do against the WoO. Is it important to see how area weekly racers compare with the WoO? Nope. Well, I guess it is to the WoO because that is what the WoO is selling. Tracks other than Attica & Fremont should not be on the FAST schedule until the the name of the series reflects the addition of other tracks. I suggest a new acronym: WAAFT. Waynesfield-Attica-Atomic-Fremont-Title. Race teams following the entire series could be called "WAAFT'ers.
                The WAFT Series. I like it.
                waft
                wäft,waft/
                verb
                1. 1.
                  pass or cause to pass easily or gently through or as if through the air.
                  "the smell of a stale fart wafted out from the cafe"

noun
                1. 1.
                  a gentle movement of air.

Comment

Originally posted by Saphead View Post

The WAFT Series. I like it.
                  waft
                  wäft,waft/
                  verb
                  1. 1.
                    pass or cause to pass easily or gently through or as if through the air.
                    "the smell of a stale fart wafted out from the cafe"
                  2. noun
                  3. 1.
                    a gentle movement of air.

Hahahaha ... How about "WSaHuFtUO"

or

"We sit at Home unless Farmer Tell Us Otherwise"

Comment

They can chase a series pts purse plus 2 track pts purse....... Where is the problem? 2 track titles and a fast title in one season would cover what, ½ the cost of brand new motor and your still only racing your normal fri/sat night. Perfect no, but not horrible. There's a few pretty darn good paying fast events!

“We have multiple events paying $5,000 to the winner as well as the massive $15,000 to win event at Mansfield ,” Farmer said.

Last edited by Jim11h; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

There's more than 2 tracks to run at for points that includes a lot of traveling. The tracks pay the purse. The tracks add FAST to try to make their cars show up. They've had a good turn out in the 305's at other tracks but not sure with the 410's.

Comment

The thing about Eldora is you have to take your best stuff to compete and it is very hard on it. People have various reasons and goals for what they want to accomplish in racing. One prominent local team several years ago wanted to start traveling. So after two years of dominating at Attica/Fremont they started traveling. After several blown engines and destroyed cars primarily at Eldora the team eventually split up and folded. I am sure that wasn't the only reason for it but I bet it was the primary reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
                          They can chase a series pts purse plus 2 track pts purse....... Where is the problem? 2 track titles and a fast title in one season would cover what, ½ the cost of brand new motor and your still only racing your normal fri/sat night. Perfect no, but not horrible. There's a few pretty darn good paying fast events!

“We have multiple events paying $5,000 to the winner as well as the massive $15,000 to win event at Mansfield ,” Farmer said.
                          Your right they do have a couple of good paying races, but those events are paid by the track and not by the series ... also the first Mansfield race I am not even sure one FAST guy showed up for it in which would have been a good test session for those guys.

Unless your Byron Reed not sure to many guys will win all three in one season with the local guys that Attica/Fremont and FAST series has now.

Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
                          There's more than 2 tracks to run at for points that includes a lot of traveling. The tracks pay the purse. The tracks add FAST to try to make their cars show up. They've had a good turn out in the 305's at other tracks but not sure with the 410's.
                          Why do they even call it FAST anymore? I mean it use to be because of Attica/Fremont, but that is no longer the case. Also they changed the web site to "FastOnDirt" so should we start calling it "FOD"... lol.

Will be interesting to see if anymore Attica/Fremont cars go to Atomic than just those 12 cars for this one event or go to Wayne County or sit at home?

When the FAST series first started they was paying the same amount for these events at Attica ($3,000 to win) and Fremont ($2,500 to win) as they do right now along with the same point fund. Now they are having the same point fund, the same "to win" purse and asking local drivers/teams to travel to Atomic for one race, Mercer for one race, Mansfield (2 straight nights), and Waynesfield for 1 night. Maybe that is why only 12 local drivers have ran all the "FOD" events? Sometimes you can spread your wings to far when your local and trying to be a mini all-stars.

Originally posted by racer5 View Post
                          The thing about Eldora is you have to take your best stuff to compete and it is very hard on it. People have various reasons and goals for what they want to accomplish in racing. One prominent local team several years ago wanted to start traveling. So after two years of dominating at Attica/Fremont they started traveling. After several blown engines and destroyed cars primarily at Eldora the team eventually split up and folded. I am sure that wasn't the only reason for it but I bet it was the primary reason.
                          No matter where you go your going to be hard on equipment and you can just as easily blow motors, wreck cars at Mansfield and Atomic as you can Eldora.

I know a lot of teams that wreck and do damage at Eldora, but I also know a lot of teams that have made a lot of money racing at Eldora too. I know some pretty good teams that have grown quite a bit by racing at a place like Eldora. Guess some people need to have a little faith in themselves along with having confidence to run there and not think about losing even before you pull the car out of the trailer.

Comment

Frankly, whether a team chooses to travel or race locally is up to them. They know what the schedule was when they signed up if they want to run the FAST series. The reason they go to Atomic is because they run the civil war series where the OSCS comes to Attica/Fremont one weekend and in exchange the FAST goes down to Atomic for one race. OSCS is moving around more.

Comment

FAST cars dont race Eldora. If they didn't have the Atomic race i bet 1 maybe 2 FAST guys would go to Eldora and thats a big maybe. Should be a great show at both tracks

Comment

Working...
                              X