Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farmers traveling FAST series and OSCS re-schedule rainout on Eldora WoO/USAC weekend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I think the FAST or OSCS team can beat the WoO's or All-Stars at Eldora? No, but they can compete with them, make the feature, and make some good money.

Couple things: Let's just say 1/2 of the FAST teams were to go down to Eldora and run instead of having opportunity to go to Atomic. Let's just say out of the 6, 1 makes the show. $800.00 to make the show. So let's say they run 20th. $800.00 in pocket. You can equal most everything out, equipment usage; fuel and such minus tires comparing to atomic. With the WoO that is a new piece of rubber to start night and a new piece to start feature.. So that's -$550.00 So were at $250. To the plus. Now Let's go with team 2-6 that didn't make the show. $275.00 for b mains or worse. So now 2-6 are really even up or behind a few dollars. Let's say those same 6 went to Atomic. Out of the 6.. let's say 5 make it. Average it out to say they finish 4th. That's $750. With the tire rule you can compete with just about any tire in your trailer. So now your really ahead the 2 tires you didn't buy by not going to Eldora and get just about the same money.

I am unsure on it, so don't quote me how-ever I believe there is a Hoosier discount on a tire for traveling. So a sort of tow money for teams that travel and are members. So now your even father ahead for the 6 teams I used above.

If say the WoO was 1,000 or 1,200 to make the show, it could be worth the trip, how-ever the " big " or " good money " you say is there isn't really there.. People hear WoO or AScoC and think it's great money. Unless your in the top 5 it really isn't big money and the odd's of a local team running in the top 5 at Eldora in a WoO show is limited. Has it happened yes, can it happen yes.. likely.. no.

I for one was one who said it would be great for the Fast to travel a bit. One the challenge or the rival between north and south is fun. I know many people who talk about the OSCS and the Fast. It's great for the sport and honestly running a few tracks here and there isn't all that bad for a team. Shows them what' it's like outside of the local track they race at.

Comment

Not to mention you also have to pay membership fee for running woo event. Don't quote me but I think its $150. Don't believe ascoc charges that or at least not the driver I talked to last year at lernerville.

Comment

FAST charges $125 to get points

Comment

I really like the idea of SOD having the tire rule and open engine rule but then throw in qualifying it kinda doesnt make as much sense

Comment

Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
            FAST charges $125 to get points
            They kept his tow money since he didn't make the show and said it was for his woo membership fee. according to him the ascoc didn't charge him a membership fee to run one of there events. just something else to add into why a lot of local drivers don't show up to run against the woo. especially since theres only one event in ohio outside of Eldora. So to most locals who just want to run the brad doty and don't run any at Eldora come through the gate at -$185 0r -$190 depending on pit pass prices.

Comment

Some confusing posts here. The WoO charges a membership fee to race with them, regardless of whether one is seeking to earn points or not. ASCOC does not charge a membership fee to enter any race, but if you want to run for points / tow money, one must purchase a membership. FAST is the same as ASCOC. They do not charge a membership fee to enter any race, but if you are racing for points and the year end points fund , one must purchase a membership. So in summary, if one is running for points with any of the 3 organizations , one must purchase a membership. With the WoO, the last I knew you have to buy a membership just to run occasionally with them.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeNblack09 View Post

Do I think the FAST or OSCS team can beat the WoO's or All-Stars at Eldora? No, but they can compete with them, make the feature, and make some good money.

Couple things: Let's just say 1/2 of the FAST teams were to go down to Eldora and run instead of having opportunity to go to Atomic. Let's just say out of the 6, 1 makes the show. $800.00 to make the show. So let's say they run 20th. $800.00 in pocket. You can equal most everything out, equipment usage; fuel and such minus tires comparing to atomic. With the WoO that is a new piece of rubber to start night and a new piece to start feature.. So that's -$550.00 So were at $250. To the plus. Now Let's go with team 2-6 that didn't make the show. $275.00 for b mains or worse. So now 2-6 are really even up or behind a few dollars. Let's say those same 6 went to Atomic. Out of the 6.. let's say 5 make it. Average it out to say they finish 4th. That's $750. With the tire rule you can compete with just about any tire in your trailer. So now your really ahead the 2 tires you didn't buy by not going to Eldora and get just about the same money.

I am unsure on it, so don't quote me how-ever I believe there is a Hoosier discount on a tire for traveling. So a sort of tow money for teams that travel and are members. So now your even father ahead for the 6 teams I used above.

If say the WoO was 1,000 or 1,200 to make the show, it could be worth the trip, how-ever the " big " or " good money " you say is there isn't really there.. People hear WoO or AScoC and think it's great money. Unless your in the top 5 it really isn't big money and the odd's of a local team running in the top 5 at Eldora in a WoO show is limited. Has it happened yes, can it happen yes.. likely.. no.

I for one was one who said it would be great for the Fast to travel a bit. One the challenge or the rival between north and south is fun. I know many people who talk about the OSCS and the Fast. It's great for the sport and honestly running a few tracks here and there isn't all that bad for a team. Shows them what' it's like outside of the local track they race at.
                Like anything else ... how much money do you want to make and how much money do you want to spend. We see it all the time on motor programs, locals having toter homes for some reason and big long fancy trailers.

We see Byron Reed/Danny Smith every year before the start of the season posting their same old design that doesn't have a wrap or a big fancy paint job while other teams even low budget teams spending all kinds of money on their helmets, on new paint jobs, or a new wrap for their cars. Byron the one time showing a picture of his engine and saying this is what you need to spend your money on not a paint job.

Anyway ... to your post.

If your a local and likely starting in the back of a WoO race why would you buy another tire? If you make the feature out of the heat race you used a tire for 8-12 laps with warm-ups/qualifying/heat race. Use the same tire or a different older tire that can get you through the A-feature. Willing to bet in most cases that is what a lot of teams do unless they are in the front, think they can move a lot of spots, or running for points and thinking it will matter. If you think you have a good chance to make money or your car is feeling good slap a new tire on it and try and get a top 10 out of the deal or even better.

As for travel your saving a lot of money by going to a 2-day show 2 hours closer ($10,000 to win each night and a $47,800 A-main purse for 24 cars) than a 1-day show 4 hours away. Atomic is paying $3,000 to win the same amount that Attica pays the same FAST guys to travel 30 minutes away or closer. I haven't seen the total purse, but the norm I believe is $300.00 for 20th spot for FAST, compared to $800.00 for 24th at a WoO race. Using Attica's purse (which is good for a local show) your looking at a purse of $12,380 for 20 cars.

Comment

Back to racing ... drivers to Eldora for both nights besides the WoO drivers for the wings.

Travis Philo

Jac

Brady Bacon

Chad Kemenah

Dale Blaney ... Not listed in the Zemco car this weekend so 11n.

Comment

[QUOTE=ErocWolverine;n20059]

Like anything else ... how much money do you want to make and how much money do you want to spend. We see it all the time on motor programs, locals having toter homes for some reason and big long fancy trailers.

We see Byron Reed/Danny Smith every year before the start of the season posting their same old design that doesn't have a wrap or a big fancy paint job while other teams even low budget teams spending all kinds of money on their helmets, on new paint jobs, or a new wrap for their cars. Byron the one time showing a picture of his engine and saying this is what you need to spend your money on not a paint job.

1. You have had a thing for us and our toter-home and trailer since we purchased it. You have numerous posts about it. We purchased it at the right price, and with some work have gotten it to what it is today. An investment opportunity that we took. It's really a comfort to know that my family or crew when tired, sick what ever it maybe, can lay down on a full couch when needed. I can also say that I have less in that then many of my racing friends have in their 2015 plus dully they have pulling their trailers. So don't think that it was a 200,000 dollar purchase and could of been spent on an engine.

2. So your saying we should all follow in Byron's footsteps? We should all have black cars, single number and no stripes.. Byron has an identity and it's a simple black car.. it works for him. Some others it doesn't.

3. Have you ever worked on a car at Eldora? Most tires don't last long down there. So bolting a new tires on isn't all that uncommon. Why do you think they have that rule? I can almost bet that more than 1/2 of the field on Friday-saturday night unless track conditions create it, will have new tires on when they roll out for the feature.

4. I guess I still don't understand your logic on saving money.. Guess all the years of racing our team I haven't figured it out yet.

5. I also don't get what you don't understand about it's not Fremont-Attica Sprint title.. The fast is going to travel; no reason for it not too. Also how do you know that they aren't getting paid to be going down there? Or are you that much in the know ?

Comment

Clarifying a comment contained in a post regarding " FAST ". I asked Rich Farmer a year ago about changing the name of the series since there are now traveling races. He said he already did - that F.A.S.T. is no longer an acronym which means " Fremont Attica Sprint Teams ". The punctuation marks are now gone and the series is simply called FAST, meaning Fast on Dirt. Not my opinion. It is what he told me.

Comment

I really like it when local racers don't travel to events where the going will be tough and the likelihood exists that they will fall deeper into debt. It's okay to do that once in a while for ego purposes or just for something different, but a steady diet of that will result in financial difficulties. That's the beauty of weekly racing at the surviving short tracks. Teams can race within their means, not incur increased expenses, and have fun finishing further up front, even if it does pay less. My main concern this day in age is for teams to survive to compete on a regular basis. Just an observation. Not busting anyone .

Comment

Danny Dietrich is at Eldora.

Rico Abreu

Brady Bacon

Trey Starks

Tom Meseraull (9x) ... non-wing.

Dale Blaney

Caleb Helms

Shawn Dancer

Cole Duncan (in Neumeister 2nd car 12n)

local Brian Lay

Tim Shaffer