Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will any Allstars be at Fremont Saturday?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will any Allstars be at Fremont Saturday?

Wondering if they are still banned from running Fremont or not? Seems kind of odd in the scheduling to leave Saturday open by the Allstars and have Attica friday and Mansfield sunday and not let them go to fremont for 5k to win. The fast series is technically a brand now also too.

No

Comment

I doubt it unfortunately. I think the reason the Mansfield race is on a Sunday in the first place was to avoid going head to head with the FAST/OSCS event at Fremont so the FAST/OSCS guys can come race at Mansfield afterwards. Rain hasn't helped them but Mansfield did a good job scheduling late without stepping on any toes.

Comment

Will Jac be at Fremont? Tony doesn't tell him where to race. Has MMS been working on the track since the infamous pick-up truck race? Lets hope so. The track will need to be much smoother when Lucas Oil latemodels arrive on July 2nd. Bloomquist hates a rough track.

Comment

Mansfield posted a picture yesterday just from the picture the track looks a lot better than it did earlier in season! Will likely get some rain there today so that should help too. As far as Jac going to Fremont I don't think I've ever heard of him going there that I can recall but with OSCS running up there he may be.

Comment

In their contract they technically can race i believe but they are strongly discouraged too b/c of the whole falling out last year

Comment

WoO latemodels are at WCS and sprints aren't on the card, so I expect some Wayne County cars to be at Fremont. With no other $5000 sprint car races in the area, if Jac wants to race on Saturday, Fremont is it. He was there in the Destiny 9w a few years ago. It might have been Speedweek, or the Jim Ford Classic. Can't remember. I hope Jac goes to Fremont and the rain stays away.

Comment

I can see Jordan Ryan and Trevor Baker going to Fremont this weekend with WCS being off. The Harble's said on Facebook they're planning on Pittsburgh PA Motor Speedway for Saturday. If I had to bet, I'd say a couple more WCS guys will go to PA if they race this Saturday than the number that will go to Fremont.

Also, I know Kemenah won the Outlaw show at Fremont last year so it's certainly a possibility they may go but I wouldn't expect all of them. Maybe 3-5 all stars

Comment

Jordan will be there in the 305 & 410
                  Last edited by RYAN5R; May 25th, 2017, 06:04 PM.

Comment

I hope I'm wrong, but the ASCOC will probably put behind the scenes, subtle pressure on the teams ( " protect the brand " theory ), and none of the front runners will show up . But again, I will be more than happy to be wrong. They need to bury the hatchet and move on for the betterment and preservation of racing.

Comment

Originally posted by Racing's Vigilante View Post
                      I hope I'm wrong, but the ASCOC will probably put behind the scenes, subtle pressure on the teams ( " protect the brand " theory ), and none of the front runners will show up . But again, I will be more than happy to be wrong. They need to bury the hatchet and move on for the betterment and preservation of racing.
                      If I ran the ASCoC and was paying member drivers point fund and tow money, they would only be allowed to run on off nights with permission just like the WoO. I don't see any problem with doing that either. I wish it was an ASCoC race because there would probably be 50 cars and would be a great race.

Comment

Hopefully one day it will be an ASCoC race. I hope both sides see how badly the fans want the All Stars back at Fremont and will put their grievances aside for the betterment of the sport.

Comment

A little off topic but just saw Dan Shetler is gonna run Mansfield Sunday. Wonder if many more western PA Invaders will come.

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                            A little off topic but just saw Dan Shetler is gonna run Mansfield Sunday. Wonder if many more western PA Invaders will come.
                            pretty much all the western,pa cars that travel are allstars already. soderman hasn't traveled much last few seasons and all the others seem to go east if they do go to a different track.

Comment

Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
                              No
                              Agree.

Originally posted by racemak View Post
                              Will Jac be at Fremont? Tony doesn't tell him where to race. Has MMS been working on the track since the infamous pick-up truck race? Lets hope so. The track will need to be much smoother when Lucas Oil latemodels arrive on July 2nd. Bloomquist hates a rough track.
                              I believe Jac thinks of Fremont similar to Kinser thinking of Fremont ... the best way around Fremont is the bypass.

If Bloomquist doesn't like a smooth track than I would almost wish it would be rough then ... lol.

Originally posted by Jay72c View Post
                              In their contract they technically can race i believe but they are strongly discouraged too b/c of the whole falling out last year
                              Like past other races ... I don't see any All-Stars joining the show on Saturday. Most will prepare for Attica, Mansfield, and maybe Lawrenceburg with the WoO's on Monday.

Originally posted by Racing's Vigilante View Post
                              That works for both sides ... I believe one side wants it and another side doesn't care either way. The All-Stars are in Ohio still quite a bit and if fans want to see them they have a lot of options such as Attica, Wayne County, Eldora, Mansfield, Atomic, Waynesfield, Sharon, Muskingum, Lima, along with being close in Michigan, Indiana, and PA.

At this stage of the All-Stars they don't want to be in Ohio as much as Webb had them or having off nights so the "brand" can suffer and the fans can see most of them at a local show and then you see not many following the series.

Farmer has the FAST series now and is pushing that big-time and his belief is bringing another smaller series will bring the fans ... that is the bottom line. Will the fans believe those two series are better than the All-Stars and their brand? Will the fans pay nearly All-Star price ($20.00) for basically a local show?

Does anybody know the total purse besides the top spot?

Originally posted by Jay72c View Post

If I ran the ASCoC and was paying member drivers point fund and tow money, they would only be allowed to run on off nights with permission just like the WoO. I don't see any problem with doing that either. I wish it was an ASCoC race because there would probably be 50 cars and would be a great race.
                              Agree 100% ... and especially NO team would be allowed to run a race or a track that is feuding with the brand/All-Stars.

Agree with you that the All-Stars should have the same rules or similar rules as the WoO's.

Wish both sides would put down the grudge match and make it better for the fans because we the fans are the ones that lose out on these type of deals ... we have to choose in most cases to support one side or the other.

Comment

Working...
                              X