Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will any Allstars be at Fremont Saturday?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim Shaffer and Danny Smith both are running Charlotte, Fremont, Mansfield, and Lawrenceburg this weekend. So add two certainly good drivers for Fremont's race. Shaffer might as well be an All star he's higher in points than 75% of the drivers lol.

Comment

Who cares if they do! There are only 4 of them that are A-Main worthy. The rest are just field fillers who struggle to get out of the C-main. If I was a promoter, there is no way I would pay the fee to have them come to my track. You will see just as good a race Saturday without them, as you would with them.

Comment

Originally posted by am0ti View Post
        Who cares if they do! There are only 4 of them that are A-Main worthy. The rest are just field fillers who struggle to get out of the C-main. If I was a promoter, there is no way I would pay the fee to have them come to my track. You will see just as good a race Saturday without them, as you would with them.
        Not many great drivers follow the whole tour but if you look at their races, they are avg close to 40 cars a night and always have a strong field of cars

Comment

From what I hear Fremont requested All Star dates in 2017 and the All Stars said no thanks.

Comment

A great C main race is still a great race. A lot of the drivers are very even across the board and the All Star race at WCS earlier this year had some thrilling action before a single lap in the A main took place.

Comment

Jac will only be racing at Mansfield this weekend per Haudenschild Racing on Facebook.

Comment

I was there...it was a great show with a great field of local talent and a few outsiders making the tow. Shaffer snuck in and stole the loot. I didn't feel disappointed or robbed that it wasn't an All Star show. $20 for a ticket and some damn good racing all night in all divisions. What's the problem?
                ~~ Connect with me on LinkedIn ~~
                http://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanautullo

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp View Post
                  I was there...it was a great show with a great field of local talent and a few outsiders making the tow. Shaffer snuck in and stole the loot. I didn't feel disappointed or robbed that it wasn't an All Star show. $20 for a ticket and some damn good racing all night in all divisions. What's the problem?
                  I went and was happy with the field for sure. As for the original question. I believe Ryan Smith, Ryan Linder, TJ Michael were the 3 all stars who came! Quite a few of the western pa guys went home and supported their local tracks between spithaler running BOSS at mercer and some others going to PPMS. A lot of the invaders went to Fremont and i was happy to see the cars come and support the event. Fremobts surface was the best it's been when I've been in attendance so I was happy to see that as well.

Comment

I agree with this comment. I thought there was excellent depth of field. More " overall talent " than a typical ASCOC event. And the car count was stout. Still hoping the hatchet gets buried some day for the betterment of racing, but if not, programs like the one on Saturday work just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp View Post
                      I concur with this post. Overall talent was excellent and 45 cars was a pleasant surprise. And, the track saved a sanction fee that is slightly north of 10 grand.

Comment

Originally posted by Racing's Vigilante View Post

I concur with this post. Overall talent was excellent and 45 cars was a pleasant surprise. And, the track saved a sanction fee that is slightly north of 10 grand.
                        People need to remember that a lot of the fees goes towards tow money for the drivers/teams making the trip to the track which helps the drivers/teams making the series which helps them to keep building up their program. People use to complain when Webb wasn't paying tow money and only had a few drivers/teams following the series and saying that was one of the reasons why and now it is completely the opposite now.

Overall good show which helped dramatically with having the outsiders coming in and taking most of the top spots/bigger money home.

The one thing I don't understand or thought most tracks got rid of that rule was giving a team their qualifying spot back for the A-Main ... always hated that rule.I like Tim Shaffer and thought it was great seeing him coming from the 12th spot, but (IMO) he should have started 18th by being one of the 4 drivers to make it out of the B-Main. I believe if you cannot race your way into the feature through the heats than you shouldn't be allowed to start ahead of those drivers that beat you in the heat races. Really wish tracks would put the B-Main guys in the back or the last 4 spots that wasn't designated for the provisional spots.

Comment

Yeah I didn't realize it was that format until rolling out for feature. It's not what I prefer but was a great race regardless so can't really complain.

Comment

Working...
                          X