Decision of the Day WCS or Fremont

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decision of the Day WCS or Fremont

Been on the fence since yesterday about driving past WCS to go to Fremont and still haven't made up my mind. Seeing all the invaders at Attica seemed to really make this a hard decision. Hmmm.... What to do....

Sprint cars.......

Comment

The FAST Facebook page is obsessed with the purse payout. I'm not convinced that higher payout thru the field makes the racing any better. The ASCoC show at ARP was a good one. With the exception of the Philo/Kemenah tussel, and the higher car count, it was pretty much what we see at a regular show. I predict that's what tonite will be at Fremont. Pretty much what you would see at a regular show. So, to answer muddinmybeer's question, I would not drive past WCS to go to Fremont.

Comment

Decided on WCS since the western,pa lates are planning on coming over and 3 tracks down south cancelled. Should have a good late model car count. I'm sure the support division count will be terrible but its a hour and half farther to Fremont and I can get my wing fix tomorrow at Mansfield weather permitting.

Comment

My dad and I are gonna drive up to Fremont today since Mansfield looks iffy weather wise tomorrow. Hoping for a good show! And hopefully not too rough of a track.

Comment

I would say you have PPM, Macedo, Bacon, Armstrong, Bayston at fremont ontop of the locals. Far from a local show. Add a few in there that I didn't account for from last night and i think you have a pretty good show on hand at Fremont tonight.

Comment

Danny smith and Tim Shaffer and Dain Naida I also know are going to fremont.

Comment

WCS if you come parking lot is really filling up fast. If you have 4 x 4 you can park up front in some of wet areas. Heard abour 30 late models so far.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeNblack09 View Post
                  I would say you have PPM, Macedo, Bacon, Armstrong, Bayston at fremont ontop of the locals. Far from a local show. Add a few in there that I didn't account for from last night and i think you have a pretty good show on hand at Fremont tonight.
                  Your also paying another $6.00 at the ticket window as well so keep that in mind.

Comment

You didn't miss anything at Fremont. It was a cornfield. Now I remember why we drive over a hour the other way to race on Saturday.

Comment

Place was terrible, rough on cars and for NO reason, rumbles through out the pits, pretty upset about it! Farmer needs to start cutting the rough off and it just makes for better racing for everyone! Fans included!
                      When cars are flipping just trying to make laps.......well their is something wrong. half the field in the feature were just making laps to survive! NOT really racing...

Comment

Honestly I can say that the track conditions were less rough than the prior times I was there. I thought it was pretty good racing from my perspective. And you guys know how much I hate rough tracks and the grief I've given them on that. I was happy with the racing last night, much better than my prior two trips to Fremont.

Comment

WCS had a great smooth track just dusty. I was disappointed that none of the southern late models came up but they still had 31. Racing was good all night. Don't think it was worth $30 a ticket though especially with only 10 street stocks for a support division. Paying a dollar a car almost for any race is ridiculous. WCS needs a quality support division for there big shows. The crate lates failed miserably a few years back and now the street stocks aren't brining in the numbers like before. They aren't going to hilltop either since they had 8 cars. I'm sure WCS will have this race date next year with the woo latest since the fans came out and paid the $30 so hopefully next year they pay a support division better money and it should be the sprints.

Comment

They need to run the sprints with a show like that. The owners many years ago ran sprints with the lates and it made an outstanding show. WCS was trying to save money with the street stocks but I think that made them lose instead.
                            The track was good but the lates kicked up fine dust. You could tell they had worked hard on the track prep.
                            The show was good, Devin Moran coming from 19 to 2 was a show.
                            The World of Outlaws staff and the WCS staff did a super job.
                            Glad to see some locals like Doug Drown, JR Gentry, Ryan Markham, Cody Scott and Matt Irey make the show. Mike Bores just missed the transfer due to a flat tire.
                            Sprints run with this show would have made it the ultimate race for them. They would have brought more people in to pay the purse.
                            The only change they needed to make was a better support division that is popular.

Comment

I thought it was a pretty decent night of racing. Just wish they would have started on time rather than 45 minutes late. Fremont and all tracks need to anticipate problems like larger than normal fields , etc. I've seen a lot of tracks much rougher than that over the years, so I don't think it was a black eye issue. No All Stars as expected, but there were top name drivers, so I thought it was a competive field with good depth of talent.

Comment

Working...
                              X