Mansfield Today 5-28

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mansfield Today 5-28

Anyone close to track for weather conditions?
    Hearing all kinds of forecasts that are changing constantly.
    If weather cooperates this should be an excellent show as the series will have their well trained staff to run the show. Maybe some of the Mansfield staff will take notice in the pit area.

I am at work a mile away, looks beautiful.
    Last edited by Jaybo777; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

I would chance it if i were anyone

Comment

Hoping for the best ... Mansfield needs a good day, good car count, and a good crowd ... hoping things work out weather-wise.

Comment

Got cancelled right before the features. Very high winds. They will announce how it will be handled.
          Track was very improved they had come along way on it.
          The racing was good, no flips or crashes. Brad Haudenschild won the dash so was to start pole of the feature. Jac Haud made his impressive signature moves on the track.
          You could see more improvements in the surroundings. More vendors with concessions.
          Workers seemed more organized which was probably due to ALL STARS AND BOSS organizations running their individual shows.
          Everyone involved tried to get the show in.
          A good mix of drivers that put on a show tonight.

Comment

Everything was done very efficiently and track was racy all night. Always 2 grooves to run with water added to bottom in between races. They got the other half of the bathrooms in turn 1 up and running and yes many more vendors as well. Glad to see about 50 cars and a pretty good crowd turnout tonight. Mansfields future look so very bright and I'm happy I can say that.

Comment

Jac Haud is worth the price of admission at Mansfield. The move he made to take 2nd place on the last turn of the heat race was one of the best of 2017 so far. I was hoping they could of got the feature in because jac came up through the dash and might of ran the #38k of brad haud down in the feature. Pairing the winged and wingless are always good shows to me since ive been liking wingless more and more over the years. tyler gunn in the #68g looked impressive wingless and had me looking forward to seeing him in the feature. One thing about Mansfield is every event they had has been memorable. The dust bowl of the first race, the time they brought everyone to a soup bowl, and now the tornado. If you looked to the north you could see a funnel cloud. cops had everyone go underneath the stands. Once Mansfield gets some good weather and keeps plugging away to fix things its going to be a awesome place. Not sure what there going to do with the ticket stubs but ive suggested that they just run make up features. boss series can run during great lake nationals and the allstars should have a complete show on Wednesday during speedweek and the make up feature. Award the diehard fans who came out yesterday with being able to use there stubs for a discount at those events.

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                Everything was done very efficiently and track was racy all night. Always 2 grooves to run with water added to bottom in between races. They got the other half of the bathrooms in turn 1 up and running and yes many more vendors as well. Glad to see about 50 cars and a pretty good crowd turnout tonight. Mansfields future look so very bright and I'm happy I can say that.
                Agree 100% ... really thought a lot more cars would travel to Mansfield especially the FAST/OSCS since they have a big race later in the year at that track to at least test and tune for the event.

Knew not any of the USAC guys would come simply because of Kokomo racing on that Sunday after the 500.

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
                Jac Haud is worth the price of admission at Mansfield. The move he made to take 2nd place on the last turn of the heat race was one of the best of 2017 so far. I was hoping they could of got the feature in because jac came up through the dash and might of ran the #38k of brad haud down in the feature. Pairing the winged and wingless are always good shows to me since ive been liking wingless more and more over the years. tyler gunn in the #68g looked impressive wingless and had me looking forward to seeing him in the feature. One thing about Mansfield is every event they had has been memorable. The dust bowl of the first race, the time they brought everyone to a soup bowl, and now the tornado. If you looked to the north you could see a funnel cloud. cops had everyone go underneath the stands. Once Mansfield gets some good weather and keeps plugging away to fix things its going to be a awesome place. Not sure what there going to do with the ticket stubs but ive suggested that they just run make up features. boss series can run during great lake nationals and the allstars should have a complete show on Wednesday during speedweek and the make up feature. Award the diehard fans who came out yesterday with being able to use there stubs for a discount at those events.
                Really like watching Jac at Mansfield ... how many races he could have won at that track if it was dirt for those 20 years that was lost.

Mansfield seems to keep finding some bad luck with the weather and the bad thing is only being a partial type of schedule those events/dates your counting on them a lot more than a normal track especially when your featuring 410 sprint cars.

Comment

Working...
                X