The Dollar Per Car Rule

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
    I've watched 4cyl classes and enjoyed the show before. Not my preferred class but I'll watch and have seen good racing. Preferred show for me is LM, mod, non wing, stocks. Lucas oil sucks cause start fastest up front. It's good continuously hearing great news of wcs. Been many years since last there and said never do back until track changes and stays good
    I've been there 3 or 4 times in the last year and a half and it's been a great show everytime. Highly recommend going back for a visit sometime!

Comment

How come people say they won't go back to WCS because the track conditions but you never hear of anyone saying that about fremont. Over the last 4 years since I been traveling around I've seen Fremont in way worse shape then WCS on a regular basis.

Comment

Fremont had almost zero dust last Saturday until about half way thru the 410 feature. Early in the show, kids sitting several rows in front of me made balls out of the little dirt clods thrown by the 410's. There were bumps between turns 3 & 4. Isn't this stuff just part of dirt racing? There are tracks that are smooth, dust free, and basically the same every week. They're pavement. Why do pavement cars run more practice laps than racing laps? That's what MSA supermodifieds did at Sandusky Speedway's Super Nationals. (Avoid this event. It isn't super)

Comment

I can say for a fact I haven't been to a track yet that I wouldn't go back to. Fremont was better this year for the civil war show than it was the first two times I was there. Out of the 3 or 4 times I've been at WCS I've never once been disappointed in the surface there so I think some of that may stem back to years past. Mansfield got the track figured out for the all star show and it wasn't too dusty now, also seemed a lot smoother with only one rut on a part of the track nobody drove on intentionally anyways. And Attica's surface has always been spot on every time I've been there. Dust don't much bother me, but roughness does. Bring goggles or safety glasses and then dust is fixed. I like all the tracks I just listed above and have no qualms about going back to any of them. I just hate tracks that are way too rough as have been some surfaces I've seen at Fremont. Especially the second Time I went there. That was something else lol. I just don't like seeing locals or any other driver tear up equipment because of track conditions.

Comment

My statement stems from long ago. 3 shows and all were horrible black slick dry dusty. I loved the brine water/hog **** days. Was fast racey smooth dust free. I quit going to Fremont during the horrible ford asphalt days. Don't mind slick tracks but don't wanna see it everytime

Comment

I went 3 or 4 times and quit going a long time ago also. It was the dustiest track I have ever been to. There were people everywhere trying to figure out which car was there's. The dirt accumulated like snow and you couldn't tell who's car was who's .
              Last edited by Blaniac1; 2 weeks ago. Reason: spelling

Comment

I myself think the WCS bashing and or lack of support came from this board being a mostly Attica and Fremont supported board ( fans). Very few WCS supporters posted here until this year.
                Granted there was bad track conditions before the present promoters. Farmer was down instructing them on track prep in the beginning and we did not see great results. Now they mostly have it figured out most nights. They work on track quite a bit and for the most part had a good racing surface. Not sure if they added new dirt or clay this year but there were rocks that worked loose. Hopefully they will get that handled. They have done a lot to update bring back the facility. It keeps improving year after year. There have been several different winners which has made the racing well worth watching.
                Attica was also dusty this past Friday. The weather also contributes as it seemed the heavy air held the dust in limbo. Probably both tracks did not want to over water with weather we have had.
                People are going to keep going to their track of choice whether for closeness, cost, weather and drivers they want to see.
                I like watching the drivers I see at WCS, Mansfield and Attica and the facilities.

Comment

Yep, nothing wrong with preferring Fremont or WCS! Everyone likes to watch different style races. I love when a track is a little slick because to me it produces the best racing. Some people like high speed tacky tracks or elbows up tracks, it's all a matter of personal preference! No need to bash the opposite track simply because it's not your preferred track type

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                    Yep, nothing wrong with preferring Fremont or WCS! Everyone likes to watch different style races. I love when a track is a little slick because to me it produces the best racing. Some people like high speed tacky tracks or elbows up tracks, it's all a matter of personal preference! No need to bash the opposite track simply because it's not your preferred track type
                    I just like multiple grooves.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay72c View Post

I just like multiple grooves.
                      That's why I like dry slick, one groove on the top, another on the bottom, and sometimes a secondary cushion in the middle later in the race.

Comment

Wayne County is definitely one of my favorite tracks. The track prep is usually good and the track configuration produces really good racing. I have been there over 30 times the last 3 years and have never left disappointed. It's a farther drive than Fremont, Oakshade, Waynesfield, Montpelier, and Butler for me but well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by JK47 View Post
                          Wayne County is definitely one of my favorite tracks. The track prep is usually good and the track configuration produces really good racing. I have been there over 30 times the last 3 years and have never left disappointed. It's a farther drive than Fremont, Oakshade, Waynesfield, Montpelier, and Butler for me but well worth it.
                          That track should get some national attention. Shocked and how much that place has improved over the past few years. They are doing a great job.

Comment

Working...
                          X