KKR Losing Great Clips as Sponsor at conclusion of 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KKR Losing Great Clips as Sponsor at conclusion of 2017

Title says it all. Sucks for dirt track racing to lose a big corporate sponsor, although to be frank I don't really see where Great Clips saw a market in racing fans in the first place. Wonder if Napa will go full time next year and go on the 9 car. This dropping of sponsorship is also occurring for Hendrick Motorsports and Kahne in NASCAR as well.

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
    Title says it all. Sucks for dirt track racing to lose a big corporate sponsor, although to be frank I don't really see where Great Clips saw a market in racing fans in the first place. Wonder if Napa will go full time next year and go on the 9 car. This dropping of sponsorship is also occurring for Hendrick Motorsports and Kahne in NASCAR as well.
    You don't think race fans get hair cuts? There are plenty of Great Clips in and around race cities ... along with the fact that in most cases those type of places are fairly cheap which race fans seem to like as well.

It is better to know this early in the year so you can prepare, plan, and get your name out there for 5-6 months ahead of time before you really need to start worrying about those type of bills ... for KKR not that big of deal I am betting since they will likely add another one of Kahne's sponsors on the car at some point.

Was a good time while it lasted along with a fairly long "corporate" sponsorship for a WoO team.

Comment

Sometimes I wondered if Great Clips really sponsored KKR or if Kasey just stole some stickers from the HMS graphics department and slapped them on his sprint cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Saphead View Post
        Sometimes I wondered if Great Clips really sponsored KKR or if Kasey just stole some stickers from the HMS graphics department and slapped them on his sprint cars.
        Hahaha ...

Think sometimes guys like Kasey and Stewart probably have some type of deal of doing free commercials, advertising, promoting if those type of sponsors that are with them at the NASCAR level come over and help out his dirt teams. Also to some of these big sponsors in cup series the dollar amount isn't that steep for the dirt car so they probably use it to help the relationship with the driver along with trying to keep them happy and show they care about them and not just a "PC" spokesman for their company.

Heck look at Stewart for the last couple of years where he had Arctic Cat and Bad Boy Buggies as a sponsor at the same time with either his series, his dirt cars, or cup series.

Comment

No big shock if you've ever had haircut there at Tiffin one. They ain't worth the $5 coupon cut! If their all like that they surely can't be making money.

Comment

Kahne wouldn't be in NASCAR if he wasn't good at attracting sponsors. He will find a replacement for Great Clips. Monster Energy is spending lots of money on all types of motorsports. Their product appeals to the younger demographic dirt racing wants to target. If Kasey Kahne could bring Monster Energy to sprint car racing it would be very good for the sport. If he brings the Monster Energy Girls to a dirt track, he's a genius.

Comment

I'd be down with this.

2a2a63a4ae3ec505abb90017568932f9.jpg

Comment

According to Jeremy Elliott article yesterday about Great Clips and KKR that isnt necessarily true at this point.

“We have a contract through 2018, and we are currently working with them for next year and moving forward,” Adams said. “We’ve had a great relationship with them.

Quote from Justin Adams, who runs KKR.

Comment

I was only going off of the information I saw on yahoo. I'm merely relaying the message I read. And if so that's good I hope it's true. I just cant pay to read news so...

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                    I was only going off of the information I saw on yahoo. I'm merely relaying the message I read. And if so that's good I hope it's true. I just cant pay to read news so...
                    The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are true. -Abraham Lincoln. Here's internet news that is true. I'll be at Attica tonite wearing a red Speedweek T-shirt.

Comment

Working...
                    X