Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio and PA Speedweeks

Wade Aunger‏ @WadeAunger

Keep an eye out for this kid on PA and Ohio Speedweek guys. Sammy Walsh is coming for 18 shows in 24 days. This guy can wheel.

--------------------------------

Walsh heads to the USA for dual Speedweek Sprintcar Safari

Author : VRPR

Fresh off a successful USC NSW Championship assault Sydney’s Sammy Walsh will jet off to the USA at the end of next week to begin his first ever American assault.

The fourth generation Speedway racer will take on a grueling schedule of some 18 races in 24 days including both the Ohio and Pennsylvania Speedweek Series’.

The Rocket Industries sponsored hard charger who finished third in USC NSW and second in the USC Chase Series has shipped two Triple X cars to Philadelphia that will run under the Aeroflow brand.

“The cars have already left,” explains Walsh, “we leave Sydney on Sunday week (June 11) and head straight to Philly where we’ll unload the container and head out to our base in Ohio in time for the first night at Attica Raceway Park on June 16.”

The trip is not the first to America for Sam but it is as a driver.

“I’ve been several times before,” he explains, “and worked on a number of cars but the chance to race myself hasn’t ever come up before. I can’t thank Graeme and Wendy Cowin from Rocket Industries and Aeroflow for making this possible.”

For Sam’s Dad John it’s a dream come true as well.

“Dad’s raced a couple of times in the USA for Bob Trostle back in the day around Iowa and the Midwest. This time around after all these years he’s crewing not but racing but he’s as excited about all this as I am.”

American fans will enjoy seeing the lanky speedster in his distinctive Aeroflow colours as he looks to extend his sizzling Aussie form.

Walsh broke the Valvoline Raceway one-lap track record at his home base not once but twice in 2016/2017 and was a constant threat to anyone he faced in his beloved #92 Rocket Industries GF1.

“We’ve taken on a pretty grueling schedule for our first go at it,” he admits, “a commitment like eighteen races in less than a month will be taxing on us all but the experience we’ll gain is invaluable. It’s too good a chance to pass up.”

For Sammy’s sponsor and employer Graeme “GC” Cowin the trip is perfect timing.

“I think Sammy’s primed for this. It’s a big challenge for sure but his form has been excellent in Australia and he’ll learn a lot in the USA that he can bring back here. I think he’ll come back an even better racer for the Australian season ahead and Wendy and I are excited about what he might achieve in the next month.”

The Schedule:

June 16: Attica Raceway Park
    June 17: Eldora Speedway
    June 18: Waynesfield Raceway Park
    June 19: Wayne County Speedway
    June 20: Sharon Speedway
    June 22: Muskingham County Speedway
    June 23: Limaland Motorsports Park
    June 24: Atomic Park Speedway
    June 30: Williams Grove Speedway
    July 1: Lincoln Speedway
    July 2: Path Valley Speedway
    July 3: Lincoln Speedway
    July 4: Grandview Speedway
    July 5: Hagerstown Speedway
    July 6: Port Royal Speedway
    July 7: Williams Grove Speedway
    July 8: Port Royal Speedway
    July 8: Selinsgrove Speedway

. Bring shirts.

Comment

Awesome to see another Aussie come over and race. Always enjoy seeing Zemunik, McFadden, Veal, and others come over each year. I'm not including the Madsen's and a lot of the Knoxville area guy since they're in the states they are more than Australia it seems.

Comment

Rico has Attica, Eldora, Waynesfield, and Sharon on the Ohio Speedweek schedule.

Will get to see him twice that week.

Comment

Awesome! I'll probably be at Attica that Friday as well. Wish I could make the Waynesfield show, been meaning to get to that track for some time but I gotta head back to Dayton Sunday.

Comment

The Waynsefield speedweek show is the one show I refuse to miss each year. I've been to all the tracks on the speedweek schedule and the Waynsefield show is a can't miss.

For the first time I get to follow the entire week. Can't wait.

Comment

Paul Nienhiser (9x) will be at Attica and Eldora for speedweek.

Carson Macedo in the 3g running the entire speedweek.

Comment

Awesome! Nienheiser has had a very solid weekend with the All Stars in Illinois, got two second place finishes so far.

Comment

Wondering who plans to run this year? I don't follow everyone on social media and im guessing most people on here don't. I seen that #16 of Mumaw plans to run all of speedweek if he can. The 9x of Nienhiser is planning to run attica and Eldora. I did hear that dj foos would of liked to run all of speedweek but since fremont has double points Saturday that's going to ruin that. Not sure on what all shows he'll be at now. Carson Macedo in the #3g plans to run all of speed week. Anyone know if Larson is going to run any events this week? nascar is running sunday at Michigan. Seen Rico, tony stewart and stenhouse are running a show at Calistoga speedway june 24th the same night of the finale at atomic.

Comment

Sam Walsh is coming over from Australia and running speedweek as Eroc posted in another thread. I would speculate that Philo will run the majority of it if not all although I have no source on that. I know I've seen other names but Its been a while so I can't recall. I imagine that towards tuesday/wednesday of this week you'll hear more names crop up on who's planning on running the full thing.

I will say one thing though, I don't agree with running 410 shows during speedweek that aren't part of speedweek. I get a lot of locals don't go down to Eldora anyways, but making it double points as well is trying to force anyone who cares about points (JJ Racing and Foos for example as you mentioned above) to stay at Fremont and race even if they'd rather go to Eldora. That's points racing I guess. Just seems like it's another show of ego to me. I like Fremont and all, and enjoyed my last race there but i don't know personally makes me lose respect. When I first saw schedule I wasn't pleased when I saw they did that.

Comment

Not sure who is awarding double points , but if it is Fremont, since they aren't part of Speedweek, whatever they choose to do is their business. Since Speedweek began decades ago, I've not known any non Speedweek track laying down for Speedweek. All tracks have their own business to run and be concerned about. Just business.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post
                        Not sure who is awarding double points , but if it is Fremont, since they aren't part of Speedweek, whatever they choose to do is their business. Since Speedweek began decades ago, I've not known any non Speedweek track laying down for Speedweek. All tracks have their own business to run and be concerned about. Just business.
                        You right, BUT ... Most NON-speedweek tracks didn't compete with the same cars though and go head to head with speedweek either which is the difference between having a late model, mod, street stock, etc... and having the 410's there.

Comment

Rico running the first 5 nights of Speedweek. 7 of the 8 nights of Speedweek will be broadcast live via Pay-Per-View. EldoraSpeedway.com will have a PPV on saturday and the 6 of the 7 other nights will be live on TheCushion.com. Lima is the only night that wont be a PPV.

Comment

Wish Rico could run a full one some year. Should be a great week of racing.

Comment

Originally posted by ErocWolverine View Post

You right, BUT ... Most NON-speedweek tracks didn't compete with the same cars though and go head to head with speedweek either which is the difference between having a late model, mod, street stock, etc... and having the 410's there.
                              Simple solution : Tony should reinstate Fremont from the permanent ban , and then they will not be competing against Speedweek since they will return to being part of it .

Comment

Working...
                              X