Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio and PA Speedweeks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Racing's Vigilante View Post

    Simple solution : Tony should reinstate Fremont from the permanent ban , and then they will not be competing against Speedweek since they will return to being part of it .
    I don't know if that's entirely true, but regardless whatever the issue between the two bodies (ASCoC and Fremont) is I hope they get it solved!

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Racing's Vigilante View Post

      Simple solution : Tony should reinstate Fremont from the permanent ban , and then they will not be competing against Speedweek since they will return to being part of it .
      A lot easier to forgive others when things don't happen to you directly, but when a track/promoter tries to get other tracks and promoters to drop the all-stars speedweek shows and have their own speedweek show without the all-stars that makes it a little bit tougher to just forgive and forget especially when they are pushing their own FAST series.

      Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post

      I don't know if that's entirely true, but regardless whatever the issue between the two bodies (ASCoC and Fremont) is I hope they get it solved!
      I don't really see that happening right now anytime soon especially with what I was told Farmer did behind the all-stars back.

      Comment


      • #18
        Everyone seems to blast on Rich Farmer over his disagreement with All-Stars, but if it wasn't for Farmer there would have been no All-Stars for Tony to purchase. Every track in Ohio except Fremont abandoned the All-Stars in favor of the Renegades.

        Everyone seems to have conveniently forgotten Farmer's efforts to help keep the All-Stars afloat. Based on this alone, he should have earned the right to express his opinions to Tony

        Tony owes Farmer big time.



        As for me, I will be attending Attica and Fremont during Speedweek.

        Disclaimer: I don't know Rich Farmer and have never talked to him.

        Comment


        • #19
          One thing though, Tony purchased both the all stars and the renegades and recombined the two parties under the all star banner. Also, from what I've heard there was good reason that tracks were running the Renegades instead of the All Stars. I don't know what all I've heard is true and accurate, but I would just would love to see the all stars at Fremont. I got into the stuff too late to ever see the All stars there so just hope I can someday.

          Comment


          • #20
            Okay so back to the topic... Trevor Baker announced he's running all of the speedweek shows. Also Brandon Wimmer announced he will be running Eldora, Waynesfield, Limaland, and Atomic shows.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by tk49 View Post
              Everyone seems to blast on Rich Farmer over his disagreement with All-Stars, but if it wasn't for Farmer there would have been no All-Stars for Tony to purchase. Every track in Ohio except Fremont abandoned the All-Stars in favor of the Renegades.

              Everyone seems to have conveniently forgotten Farmer's efforts to help keep the All-Stars afloat. Based on this alone, he should have earned the right to express his opinions to Tony

              Tony owes Farmer big time.

              As for me, I will be attending Attica and Fremont during Speedweek.

              Disclaimer: I don't know Rich Farmer and have never talked to him.
              Tony owes Farmer nothings ... he didn't own the all-stars when that was going on ... he basically bought both the all-stars and renegades to make peace and to bring things together.

              You forgot the part where Farmer went behind the All-Stars (Tony) back and tried to get rid of them by having a non-sanctioned speedweek and tried to basically railroad the all-stars ... that is why they are so upset with Fremont ... not because of voicing concerns about how the events, speedweeks, fees, tow money, are being run, etc... but how they tried to eliminate the all-stars completely from speedweek and probably trying to push the FAST series to be part of it or even the OSCS.

              Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
              Okay so back to the topic... Trevor Baker announced he's running all of the speedweek shows. Also Brandon Wimmer announced he will be running Eldora, Waynesfield, Limaland, and Atomic shows.
              Saw that pretty cool. Cale Thomas seems to be running speedweek as well.

              -------------------
              Trevor Baker‏ @TRevPerformance 1h1 hour ago


              We will be running the entire speedweek with the @ASCoC we have a great team and great guys going be fun working together

              Brandon Wimmer‏ @BrandonWimmer 2h2 hours ago I will be driving the Shewbrook's 67 car at these Ohio speedweek shows! @ASCoC @EldoraSpeedway @OfficialWRP @Limaland and @AtomicSpeedway
              Cale Thomas‏ @CaleThomas91 Jun 12
              New Nine-One Merch is in! Retweet and follow for a chance to win a free T! Winner announced Friday to kickoff Ohio Speedweek!

              Comment


              • #22
                Farmer had it good when guy webb was owning the allstars. Them two day shows were pretty profitable I would like to imagine.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by tk49 View Post
                  Everyone seems to blast on Rich Farmer over his disagreement with All-Stars, but if it wasn't for Farmer there would have been no All-Stars for Tony to purchase. Every track in Ohio except Fremont abandoned the All-Stars in favor of the Renegades.

                  Everyone seems to have conveniently forgotten Farmer's efforts to help keep the All-Stars afloat. Based on this alone, he should have earned the right to express his opinions to Tony

                  Tony owes Farmer big time.



                  As for me, I will be attending Attica and Fremont during Speedweek.

                  Disclaimer: I don't know Rich Farmer and have never talked to him.

                  Did you fall and bump your head?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I was able to see Carson Macedo win at Fremont without the the blessing of the ASCoC. Speed Week is alive and well without Fremont Speedway. The two don't need each other. Take a break from the open wheelers on Saturday and go to the Barney Oldfield race at Oakshade. He often smoked a cigar while racing. Imagine a driver doing THAT today.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
                      Farmer had it good when guy webb was owning the allstars. Them two day shows were pretty profitable I would like to imagine.
                      It was great for promoters and bad for drivers. The first show was a regular local payout (3k to win $300 to start) and the 2nd day was 10k win $500 to start.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        All-Stars adding some bonus money ... good deal.

                        -----------------------------------------------------

                        Similar to 2016, points will be tallied over the course of Ohio Sprint Speedweek with the top-ten finishers in the overall standings sharing a portion of a $3,000 point fund.

                        Ohio Sprint Speedweek Points Fund:

                        1st Place: $1,000
                        2nd Place: $325
                        3rd Place: $300
                        4th Place: $275
                        5th Place: $250
                        6th Place: $225
                        7th Place: $200
                        8th Place: $175
                        9th Place: $150
                        10th Place: $100

                        In addition, multiple win bonuses will also be up for grabs on behalf of Cometic Gasket.

                        Teams that accomplish two or more victories during Ohio Sprint Speedweek will be eligible for a bonus equaling at least $500.

                        Two victories will solidify a $500 bonus, and as the win count increases, the bonus total will also increase.
                        Teams that accomplish at least three victories will be awarded an additional bonus of $3,000.
                        An additional $4,000 will be given to any team that can visit victory lane four times over the duration of Speedweek and if any single team can win five races, a $5,000 bonus will be awarded.

                        The total bonus for any one team winning two events: $500; three events: $3,500, four events: $7,500; five events: $12,500.

                        Comment


                        • #28
                          Lee Jacobs plans on running them all
                          2017 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 28 Races - Attica-4.5, Volusia-4, Ocala-3, Wayne County-2, Atomic-2, Mansfield-1.5, Fremont -1, Sharon -1, Waynesfield-1, Eldora-1, Muskingam-1, Daytona-1, Lernerville-1, Mercer-1, Lincoln (IL)-1, Macon-1, 34 Raceway-1 (6 - Rain Outs) thru 6-25-17

                          2016 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 59 Races @ 28 Tracks; (15-Rain Outs)
                          2015 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 56 Races @ 25 Tracks; (12-Rain Outs)

                          Comment


                          • #29
                            Justin Peck is planning on racing at Limaland and at Atomic!

                            Comment


                            • #30
                              Via a post by Brayden McMahan sounds like PPM is running speedweek. Also Tim Shaffer will be running all of speedweek.

                              EDIT 9:11 PM. Sounds like Shawn Dancer is running at least this weekend if not all of speedweek per the promotional press release on insidelinepromations.
                              Last edited by GTigers55; 1 week ago.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X