No announcement yet.

Ohio and PA Speedweeks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree with Mitch, winged sprints are the only class in the nation that reverts back to qualifying for the entire program. If you qualify bad and start 10th in your heat and race to 5th then get sent to c-main is terrible. Award a guy for passing cars and promote racing. None of say we are going to qualifying tonight, we say going to the races which with groups such as the All Stars isn't a true statement. I also agree with the shitty points fund and lackluster purses during speedweek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitch15 View Post
      Fact is since Stewart took over the payout is down, and the points fund is down. $30,000 to the champion instead of $50,000 and only $100 tow money. Come one, we got more than that from Guy Webb! Plus not having Speedweek on the week of the 4th is stupid. Almost everyone I know has half that week off work already. Hell we could have ran the whole week and only took 2 days vacation. Instead I had to take 3 days just to run the 3 races we ran last week.

Also, their qualifying and racing format is just about the worst thing I have ever seen. Wish they'd implement a format that promoted racing and not just go back to your qualifying time for everything.
      Lets not get carried away ... It hasn't been 50,000 in a very long time ... also that is how Webb got into trouble. Your wrong on the tow money unless you mean non-qualifiers who aren't all-stars. I have seen the tow money sheets. If you want to complain about the purses, point fund, etc... and being a racer I would go to the all-stars and voice your opinion, go to their meetings at the end of the year and discuss these matters no matter if your going to run their races, their series, etc... the local tracks feed off of what the WoO do and also what the All-Stars do for a lot of things.

Speedweek hasn't been on the 4th for over 20 years I believe ... it was moved for a couple of reasons. PA started competing with Ohio and having their speedweeks during the same week. Also the fact that the Kings Royal got moved up a week earlier(use to be around the 23rd-25th) makes it a lot tougher to have so many big races all within a short 1-2 weeks if you still had speedweek during the 4th. Also not sure I understand about taking time off simply because the 4th is one day and sometimes is on the weekend unless your work gets a entire week off? I don't know hardly anybody that has half the week off, only know a few people that are having Monday and Tuesday off, but most I know only have Tuesday off, but most people I know are common people though.

Originally posted by Mitch15 View Post
      Also, just because they pay what is being advertised doesn't mean that the payout doesn't suck.
      Could always be worse ... like local show worse.

Originally posted by JK47 View Post
      I agree with Mitch, winged sprints are the only class in the nation that reverts back to qualifying for the entire program. If you qualify bad and start 10th in your heat and race to 5th then get sent to c-main is terrible. Award a guy for passing cars and promote racing. None of say we are going to qualifying tonight, we say going to the races which with groups such as the All Stars isn't a true statement. I also agree with the shitty points fund and lackluster purses during speedweek.
      So late model touring series that qualify don't revert back to qualifying?

Why would you get sent to the C-Main if you finish 5th in your heat ... if there are 10 cars in the heat? How many heats you talking 3, 4, 5, 6? I mean to be sent to the C-main starting 5th that must mean only take 2 cars for the A-Main, 2 cars for the B-Main, etc...

Simply answer ... you know the rules so qualify better. Pretty simple idea or better yet race better.

Love how people are bagging on the point fund and purses ... they are the 2nd best in any winged touring series and people are still complaining. Could they be better? Sure they could, but they could still be $2,500 to win, no tow money, and a weekly purse for a point fund.

Comment

• No late models only use qualifying to set the heats. Mains are set by how you finish in heats. So if you have a bad lap in qualifying but race to 5th you start front of b-main.

Eroc what are you talking about? If All Stars have 5 heats they transfer top 4 get it? So if you start 10th because of bad qualifying lap and race to 5th you are still in c-main because they revert back to qualifying times which is a terrible system.

Well if they are the second best group in winged sprints they are way behind late models as far as points payout and total purse. There are several touring and regional late model series who pay just as good if not better than the All Stars.

As as far as people talking car count being great it's not even what it was 2 or 3 years ago for
        Speedweek.

I love how you put Stewart up on a pedestal and say how wonderful he is for racing. Check the car counts for the races at Eldora this year. 15 cars at ALMS show with nobody running against them. Last week both Oakshade and Fremont ran late models on the same night with Oakshade getting 50 and Fremont getting 29. Also listen to the racers themselves and there are rumblings everything's not as rosey as you believe it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by JK47 View Post
          I love how you put Stewart up on a pedestal and say how wonderful he is for racing. Check the car counts for the races at Eldora this year. 15 cars at ALMS show with nobody running against them. Last week both Oakshade and Fremont ran late models on the same night with Oakshade getting 50 and Fremont getting 29. Also listen to the racers themselves and there are rumblings everything's not as rosey as you believe it is.
          I did check car counts ... 42 sprint cars at Eldora whic is a huge number for a show there vs. 14 at Fremont.

Just like sprint car racing ... locals don't support Eldora that well when it comes to some of these events.

I don't put Stewart on a pedestal, but guys like you because he is rich should just turn all his money over to sprint car racing. He does this along with everything else he does as a business ... not like Knoxville where it is a non-profit facility.

He bought Eldora for a good chunk of change, he bought two regional sprint car series to form one and keep the peace, he has owner interest in a couple of other dirt tracks, along with owning a WoO sprint car team.

Does the All-Star have issues? Sure it does, but what series doesn't. The series was in very bad shape when he got it and turned it around quite quickly when you really think about it. I am betting it will only get better the longer it goes on under the Stewart umbrella.

Comment

• Not totally true jk, think was OMG series (old mans garage) at Florence other year. Top 6 qualifiers go directly to A-main in top 6 starting spots accordingly to how they qualified.

Your definitely correct that lms have better to win traveling series overall but total purse is debatable. Car counts definitely down at Eldora overall but eroc won't see that cause follows sprints only.

I love how someone who's never spent a dime on a racecar nor turned a wrench on one tells a driver/owner to go faster, qualify better, & race harder.

Comment

• Bottom line the ASCoC has the 2nd best purse and the 2nd best points purse/tow money package. Sure you could say it needs to go up, but if i were Tony i wouldnt change anything seeing as the avg car count per race this year has to be right around 40 cars.

Comment

• For the amount of time and money spent to race weekly there's no purse high enough. Your not into it to make money.

Comment

• Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
                  For the amount of time and money spent to race weekly there's no purse high enough. Your not into it to make money.
                  Correct and when it is a 50 car field, there is a high percentage of being frustrated at the end of the night. I remember when my buddy raced, whether there was 5 cars or 40, we always sucked and were frustrated lol

Comment

• Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
                    For the amount of time and money spent to race weekly there's no purse high enough. Your not into it to make money.
                    The racers are the ones that keep pushing it. When they had cheap 305s at the beginning guys kept trying to get faster and spending more money.

Your always going to have guys try and be a little bit faster than the next guy and will pay to do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitch15 View Post
                      Fact is since Stewart took over the payout is down....
                      Not Accurate:
                      The last year that Webb had the ASCoC, the pay was: $50 for C-main Cars, $100 for B-main, and $400 to start the A-main. (50 Car Field the Total Purse was $25,720)
                      Currently its $100 for D, C & B-main, and $500 to start the A-main. (50 Car Field the Total Purse was $27,775) over a $2,000 per night increase. Also over $3,000, per night, for ASCoC members in tow money)

Ross
                      2017 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 34 Races - Attica-5.5, Volusia-4, Ocala-3, Wayne County-3, Atomic-2, Mansfield-1.5, Fremont -1, Sharon -2, Waynesfield-1, Eldora-1, Muskingam-1, Daytona-1, Lernerville-1, Mercer-1, Lincoln (IL)-1, Macon-1, 34 Raceway-1, Eriez-1, Tr-City-1, PPMS-1 (7 - Rain Outs) thru 7-25-17

2016 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 59 Races @ 28 Tracks; (15-Rain Outs)
                      2015 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 56 Races @ 25 Tracks; (12-Rain Outs)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ross View Post

Not Accurate:
                        The last year that Webb had the ASCoC, the pay was: $50 for C-main Cars, $100 for B-main, and $400 to start the A-main. (50 Car Field the Total Purse was $25,720)
                        Currently its $100 for D, C & B-main, and $500 to start the A-main. (50 Car Field the Total Purse was $27,775) over a $2,000 per night increase. Also over $3,000, per night, for ASCoC members in tow money)

Ross
                        Don't forget to add in that people actually get their money too!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• deahhorse, you just broke my heart saying cannonball is gone...is it gone , gone? like lakeville gone?

Comment

• "DAMAGE UPDATE: We are still working on the burnt out breakers that operate our track lights. Please watch our website for continued updates. Thanks for your support"
                            Was posted on cannonball motor speedway in 2012. Nothing since, also says the same on site

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaybo777 View Post
                              deahhorse, you just broke my heart saying cannonball is gone...is it gone , gone? like lakeville gone?
                              Yep, it's gone. If you look it up on Google maps it's grown over. Seems like someone is using it for their business. I'm glad I got to watch a race before it was shut down.

Comment

• if i look at my house on google maps, the people that lived there 11 years ago still do, that doesn't mean anything

Comment

Working...
                                X