Fremont Legends Race

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fremont Legends Race

Any idea who all is gonna run it this year? Was interested in possibly headed there tomorrow from BG since it's the last time they're gonna do it for a while.

I know Tim Kern, Eric Rankine, Randy Curlis for sure....have heard rumors but won't list as they are just that...rumors. Jeff Hoffman who is being inducted into the Fremont Speedway Hall of Fame will pilot the Steve Sabo crate late model.

Comment

Russ Adkins will be in the 11x

Comment

Mark Keegan?

Comment

I heard no Keegan or Duncan. He's run this race in the ground by running it every year. No prestige.

Comment

I think Mark Keegan has won several legends races. He won lots of races in his career and it was fun to watch. When a driver wins too much the fans stop rooting for him. I'm not sure why. About 45 years ago, Mark Donohue and the Porsche 917-30 won so many races that they killed the Can-Am series. The 917-30 is probably the fastest and deadliest race car ever built. The Can-Am series had few rules. It was a different time.
            Last edited by racemak; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Most teams don't want to loan their cars out to drivers who haven't driven in years, which is understandable. In the past there have been crashes and even flips . The cars are no longer " Econo Sprints ", as envisioned by one of today's inductees, the late Eric Phillips . Additionally, a lot of drivers who retire walk away from the sport and rarely attend races, which complicates filling out the field. This event started out with good intentions but after tonight, it will be on hiatus, which unfortunately is probably the appropriate thing to do. The weather is great today, and the 410 Sprints are racing, so it is still a good night for racing. The 99 will be racing with Eric Rankine driving. Kelly Kinser was invited to drive the 12 car but declined due to ongoing back issues.

Comment

Kelly won't run the race because the track doesn't pay anything. We tried to get him in our car the 2nd year and he said if they ever pay anything maybe I will.

Comment

Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
                  He's run this race in the ground by running it every year. No prestige.
                  Agree 100%, but that is Farmer ... needed to space it out every 4 years (IMO).

Originally posted by racemak View Post
                  I think Mark Keegan has won several legends races. He won lots of races in his career and it was fun to watch. When a driver wins too much the fans stop rooting for him. I'm not sure why.
                  My only complaint about Mark was he rarely ventured out past Fremont/Attica/Millstream especially when he was dominating those tracks at the time. Would have liked to seen him run a little more with the All-Stars in the area and also the WoO's too. Other than that he was untouchable for several years at those tracks.

Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post
                  Most teams don't want to loan their cars out to drivers who haven't driven in years, which is understandable. In the past there have been crashes and even flips.

This event started out with good intentions but after tonight, it will be on hiatus, which unfortunately is probably the appropriate thing to do.

Kelly Kinser was invited to drive the 12 car but declined due to ongoing back issues.
                  Agree ... especially when they aren't getting an extra money to help curb the cost of accidents/wear and tear/tires, etc...

Think staggering it out would have helped and bring some of those guys back along with making it a big deal like the first one did.

Kelly knows how rough Fremont can be so probably don't blame him one bit.

Kelly won't run the race because the track doesn't pay anything. We tried to get him in our car the 2nd year and he said if they ever pay anything maybe I will.
                  That is another problem ... the 305 doesn't pay enough on a regular local basis and this show doesn't pay enough either even though it is usually higher than a normal 305 show or at least it was the first time they ran it.

Comment

Keegan ran Ohio tracks just not Eldora. Have seen him at Wayne county, atomic and read results else where as well including Mansfield I think. You think about how often he won, he was "making" good money staying close to home. You'll never make Monet racing per say but minimizing losses sure is nice. He'd maybe liked to run all stars back in early days no clue but when your footing the bill you do what makes you the most. Heck think he followed speedweek several times with exception to Eldora. Byron Reed is winning his fair share staying local and no longer running Eldora but don't hear bitching about him

Comment

Mark Keegan ran Wayne County and Lakeville quite a bit along with Eric Rankine and other Fremont cars. It was the days when drivers travelled more to Ohio tracks but a lot of them skipped Eldora.

Comment

I think I saw Mark Keegan in the pits, but I was too far away to be 100% sure it was him. How did Eric Rankin win two Fremont 410 championships with 5 career wins? Mark Keegan would win at least that many features every year. It was good to see Caleb Griffith drive a sprint car, even if it was a vintage sprint car. The vintage car count seems to be growing. I know they don't really race but I like them.

Comment

That is not what he gave as a reason in 2016 or 2017 to me personally. Yes, he did feel that way a few years back, but that was before it was explained that this was a fun race, not an all out money race. So, I stand by my earlier post.

Comment

Mark also made the tow to Florida. I also know for a fact that he went to Eldora in the Steinbrick 92 as well. To say he NEVER ventured out is a fallacy. But as with most of the "opinions" from eroc it is based on nothing instead of facts. Mark won over 180 times with at least 50 of those wins at tracks other than Fremont, Attica or Millstream. That is a fact, and in my opinion, not bad for someone who supposedly never ventured out. Leave it to eroc to complain about one of the best ever and make things up to back up his "opinion".

Comment

Originally posted by Blaniac1 View Post
                              Mark also made the tow to Florida. I also know for a fact that he went to Eldora in the Steinbrick 92 as well. To say he NEVER ventured out is a fallacy. But as with most of the "opinions" from eroc it is based on nothing instead of facts. Mark won over 180 times with at least 50 of those wins at tracks other than Fremont, Attica or Millstream. That is a fact, and in my opinion, not bad for someone who supposedly never ventured out. Leave it to eroc to complain about one of the best ever and make things up to back up his "opinion".
                              I said I would have liked to see him run more and see what he could do against those guys.

I was actually a fan of Mark and wanted to see him against those guys when he was on fire in this area and said he was untouchable, but keep hating.

Comment

Working...
                              X