No announcement yet.

Fremont Legends Race

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't Keegan fan, actually best ever, a Hewitt fan but thought eroc facts construed but been many years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
      I wasn't Keegan fan, actually best ever, a Hewitt fan but thought eroc facts construed but been many years ago
      I was a big Hewitt fan as well and still remember the time he stopped on the front stretch at Fremont and was getting into it with the flagman ... if I remember correctly that same night Bobby Allen did the same exact thing.

Hewitt was another guy that was unstoppable especially at Fremont when he was in the 63 for several years there and JW Hunt was helping fund the team.

Comment

Wasn't the first legends race pay like $2,000 to win?

Maybe that has something to do with the car count, 305 guys willing to let somebody else in their cars, and the drivers interested in racing in this event anymore? Seen where it was $600.00 last week.

Comment

I'm fairly certain Mark Keegan won a track championship at KC Raceway in the 90's too.

Comment

Originally posted by ErocWolverine View Post
            Wasn't the first legends race pay like $2,000 to win?

Maybe that has something to do with the car count, 305 guys willing to let somebody else in their cars, and the drivers interested in racing in this event anymore? Seen where it was $600.00 last week.
            My memory is a little vague on this, but I believe the inaugural event was going to pay a regular payoff, but someone ( I think Ferkel ) lobbied for a higher first place payoff, which I recall ending up being $ 1,000. This year's $ 600 was the regular weekly payoff. As I said, my recollection may not be entirely accurate. Maybe Ryan5R might recall better.

Comment

The event totally lacked promotion. Not even a basic race day Press Release. This idea of laying off for a couple years is not goimg to create any new interest. All promotions need to be aggressively " worked ". Very disappointing. I hope they " work " the Fair Race starting late June.

Comment

Mark did win a championship at KC. A guy that helped me put my first micro sprint together told me they hated when he showed up. He said if the track got slick everybody knew Mark would win. Mark talked about following the All Stars once. He said they ran the All Star schedule through Speedweek then looked at the books. After looking at the books he decided it wasn't worth it.

Comment

I seen Mark run at Butler and Bryan Ohio too. Was always fast no matter what track he was at.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post

My memory is a little vague on this, but I believe the inaugural event was going to pay a regular payoff, but someone ( I think Ferkel ) lobbied for a higher first place payoff, which I recall ending up being $ 1,000. This year's $ 600 was the regular weekly payoff. As I said, my recollection may not be entirely accurate. Maybe Ryan5R might recall better.

I don't remember what it paid. Kelly took the challenge and started at the tail. Every spot paid double but I don't recall how much we got.

Comment

Originally posted by ErocWolverine View Post

I said I would have liked to see him run more and see what he could do against those guys.

I was actually a fan of Mark and wanted to see him against those guys when he was on fire in this area and said he was untouchable, but keep hating.
                      YOU ALSO SAID "My only complaint about Mark was he rarely ventured out past Fremont/Attica/Millstream especially when he was dominating those tracks at the time."
                      That has been proven to be a fallacy by me and many others on this board. If you were actually a fan, like you claim, you might have known that Mark traveled to a lot of places and just admit you were wrong. This reminds me of the time you tried to educate us all about most of Art Balls wins coming in a Late Model. You were the one that got educated. LMAO. I don't think it is hating to point out that someone's opinion is worthless because it is based upon nothing instead of facts. I don't hate anybody, but I do call a spade a spade and I do call bs when it's bs.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaniac1 View Post

YOU ALSO SAID "My only complaint about Mark was he rarely ventured out past Fremont/Attica/Millstream especially when he was dominating those tracks at the time."
                        That has been proven to be a fallacy by me and many others on this board. If you were actually a fan, like you claim, you might have known that Mark traveled to a lot of places and just admit you were wrong. This reminds me of the time you tried to educate us all about most of Art Balls wins coming in a Late Model. You were the one that got educated. LMAO. I don't think it is hating to point out that someone's opinion is worthless because it is based upon nothing instead of facts. I don't hate anybody, but I do call a spade a spade and I do call bs when it's bs.
                        Again go back and read ... also said rarely ventured out that doesn't mean he didn't ever go any place else ... I said: Would have liked to seen him run a little more with the All-Stars in the area and also the WoO's too. Other than that he was untouchable for several years at those tracks.

Keep hating ...

Comment

Working...
                        X