2014 Fremont Speedway Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Fremont Speedway Season Thread

Sandusky County Fairboard President says they have been approached by Krogers in prelim stages

3/3/2014 11:27:26 PM
    The president of the Sandusky County Agricultural Society fairboard says Krogers Company has again approached the board on the purchasing of North Street parking lot for the development of a Super Krogers store at the State Route 53 at the by-pass highway.

Fairboard President Harold Overmyer stressed that no deal is near and the talks at this point deal with any possible scenarios dealing with how any deals may occur but with nothing set. “There is nothing in black and white with Krogers.”

Overmyer stressed that before any deal, were possible, a public meeting held and at which time all the facts and would come out.

Overmyer says, “a deal would have to benefit of Sandusky County community, beneficial to the Sandusky County Fair and Fremont Speedway or a deal with Krogers will not be made”.

Here is a link to the article:
    http://sanduskycountylive.com/sandus...ge-p3417-1.htm

It will be interesting to hear what Rich Farmer has to say about it tonight on The Last Lap Live.

If you are unfamiliar, here is last week's show,

__________________________________________________ _________

http://www.cjgilbertphotography.com/

Looks like all 3 divisions will qualify, 410's one at a time, 305 and Trucks during hot laps. Details are still being worked out.
    2020 Racin' Chasin' Counter: (6) - Volusia (4), East Bay (2)

2019 Racin' Chasin' Counter:
    54 Races @ 33 Tracks; (19-Rain Outs)
    2018 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 50 Races @ 31 Tracks; (12-Rain Outs)
    2017 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 57 Races @ 30 Tracks; (7-Rain Outs)
    2016 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 59 Races @ 28 Tracks; (15-Rain Outs)
    2015 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 56 Races @ 25 Tracks; (12-Rain Outs)

Comment

I kind of like that rule of those other divisions qualifying during warm-ups.

I ASSuME that the 410's will still only get 1 lap? I think that helps as well and is more fair to everybody than just picking out of a hat. Unless your going to go by passing points when picking out of a hat.

The only thing I would suggest is for them to get an extra lap or two just in case they mess up or get to close to other cars that might effect them getting in a good lap. Think getting them some extra laps would make it a little more fair for all. I know some will complain that when they go out in the first warm-up that the track might be to wet and then the guys that go out in the 3rd or 4th warm-up in that same division will likely complain that the track is giving up speed.

Never can win and can never make everybody happy. As long as everybody knows the rules before going to the track should be all fair (IMO) ... because if they want to they can always go elsewhere if they aren't happy with how a track is doing it.

Comment

not if they hot lap 410-s first. then track shouldnt have any wet spots

Comment

Originally posted by fink41 View Post
          not if they hot lap 410-s first. then track shouldnt have any wet spots
          Fink makes a great point. Hot Lap and qualify 410's. Then have 305's and trucks qualify.

Comment

Well hopefully attica and fremont take the "best lap" of hot laps and not an average. Average is to questionable

Comment

It will be the best lap. Probably 3~4 cars at a time, 3 green flag laps.

Comment

More Info:

Comment

Think the new changes will make it interesting that is for sure and make qualifying that much more important especially the top 6 spots which basically guarantee you a good start for the A-Main as long as you make it through your heat race.

The inversion of "6" for the heats will make it tough for those guys to win the heat that is for sure. Is the heats still the same number of laps?

Like seeing points for qualifying, heats, etc... should make it more interesting and knowing that every position matters no matter if it is qualifying, heat race, B-Main or obviously the A-Main.

The only thing I don't really like is the 410's B-Main guys ... I like the 305's and trucks deal where all the guys that transfer from the B-Main to the A-Main start all behind the guys that made it through the heat races.

Comment

Am I correct in saying in the 410 a car could make it through the B and if qualifying is good enough could start in front of a car that made it out of a heat race?

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Schnabel View Post
                      Am I correct in saying in the 410 a car could make it through the B and if qualifying is good enough could start in front of a car that made it out of a heat race?
                      Correct. THe 410 format is the same as years past, just adding a dash.

Comment

IMO if you race from the B-main, you bring up the last "X" amount of spots.. I hate "getting your Q time back" for lining up the A-main..
                        2019 races 14 : Waynesfield-3. Attica-4, Fremont-2, Mansfield-1, Eldora-2, Knoxville-2, Rainouts-lost count.

Comment

Agree Blitz

Comment

Originally posted by Blitzman View Post
                            IMO if you race from the B-main, you bring up the last "X" amount of spots.. I hate "getting your Q time back" for lining up the A-main..
                            I have been saying this for a decade!!! In the old days if you transfer from the B-main you tag the tail of the A-main!!! When the heck did this change and why?? If guy races his way into the A-main from his heat race, there is no way in hell he should start behind a guy who transferred from the B!!! I think I just found a topic for my next Flat Out column! This isn't a complaint about Fremont - this is a complaint about the rules across the U.S. and with the sanctioning bodies who probably created this rule to begin with.
                            ~~ Connect with me on LinkedIn ~~
                            http://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanautullo

Comment

Yes Swamp ...maybe outlaws started that crap...

Comment

Working...
                              X