All Star Points

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Star Points

Hey everyone, was wanting to post a pretty good breakdown of who's been making the features, how many races etc for the full time All Stars. Just thought it was interesting and others might like to see it too. Pretty much what everyone thought at the beginning of the year has been the case. The rainouts have really hurt the drivers who couldn't make the trip to florida as you can tell by the races column vs the points total. I get why they made it count for points this year but I really don't think they should do that again unless they REALLY pay big time tow money for those making the trip. It's influenced the points race way too much so far. Also, under position ( the first column) the parenthesized number is the actual ranking for the points including non- all star drivers. The points fund is determined by the non-parenthesized number. Top 15 get points fund. You can also tell how many features a driver made by racing his way in versus provisionals by subtracting the features number of used provisionals from the number of features

Just a note, if you compare to the all star site there is an issue where it gave many drivers one too many top 5, top 10, and feature appearances. I had to do a lot of manual labor for this and I thought it was gonna be a ten minute copy and paste job so I hope you guys take interest and discuss how you feel about the points breakdowns and especially the influence of the florida races.

Pos. – Owner – Driver............................................ .. Provisionals.... Points... Pts Back........ Wins-T5-T10-Feat.-Races(Races + Angell Park rainout showup)
    1 Hunter Racing LTD - Chad Kemenah........................... 2 ...............1864...........N/A.................. 2 – 7 – 10 – 14 – 15 (16)
    2 C&A Motorsports - Caleb Armstrong .............................0................1738 ..........-126..................0 – 3 – 7 – 15 – 15 (16)
    3 Helms Racing, Inc. - Caleb Helms ................................1...............17 16..........-148..................0 – 0 – 4 – 15 – 15 (16)
    4 Ryan Smith Racing LLC - Ryan Smith............................1...............1 690..........-174..................0 – 3 – 6 – 13 – 15 (16)
    5(6) Ray Marshall Motorsports-Max Stambaugh .............1...............1524..........-340..................0 – 0 – 1 – 10 – 13 (14)
    6(7) Tim Michael - TJ Michael ..............................................0... ............1450.........-414..................0 – 0 – 0 – 10 – 15 (16)
    7(8) Brent Matus Auto Racing - Brandon Matus ...............1...............1356..........-508.................0 – 0 – 0 – 4 – 15 (16)
    8(9) Brandon Spithaler - Brandon Spithaler .....................2...............1331......... .-533.................0 – 0 – 1 – 6 – 10 (11)
    9(10) Brent Matus Auto Racing - Brent Matus ..................0................1304.........-560..................0 – 0 – 0 – 3 – 15 (16)
    10(11) Liz Matus Racing - John Garvin ..............................0...............1304 ..........-560..................0 – 0 – 0 – 3 – 15 (16)
    11(12) Travis Esh - Tyler Esh ..............................................1... .............1279..........-585.................0 – 0 – 0 – 5 – 10 (11)
    12(13) Bradley Howard - Bradley Howard ........................0................1276..... .....-588.................0 – 0 – 0 – 3 – 11 (12)
    13(14) Apex Racing Development - Ryan Linder ............0................1264..........-600.................0 – 0 – 0 – 2 – 10 (11)
    14(15) John H. Mackison II - Hunter Mackison ................0................1249..........-615.................0 – 0 – 0 – 4 – 10 (11)
    15(16) John H. Mackison II - Jordan Mackison ...............1.................1229..........-635.................0 – 0 – 0 – 2 – 10 (11)
    16(17) Roger Campbell - Roger Campbell .....................0................1219........ ...-645.................0 – 0 – 0 – 2 – 10 (11)
    17(23) Brian Lorenc - Dane Lorenc ...................................2.............. ...753............-1111................0 – 0 – 0 – 1 – 4 (4)
    Last edited by GTigers55; June 7th, 2017, 05:59 PM.

Bradley howard just used a provisional at mercer Saturday. you can see after tj micheal that those guys are really struggling this season. See how many fall off the tour after speedweek. I guess the Wisconsin races are already out the way and that's where guys used to fall off the tour during the Wisconsin/Dakota events. See what happens.

Comment

The provisionals listed are how many they has left not how many they have used.
      2017 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 57 Races - Attica-7, Atomic-4, Volusia-4, Wayne County-5, Fremont-4, Ocala-3, Mansfield-3, Sharon-2, Port Royal-2, Eldora-3, Waynesfield-1, Muskingam-1, Daytona-1, Lernerville-1, Mercer-1, Lincoln (IL)-1, Macon-1, 34 Raceway-1, Eriez-1, Tr-City-1, PPMS-1, Outlaw (NY)-1, Orange County (NY)-1, Lebanon Valley-1, Grandview-1, Williams Grove-1, Lincoln (PA)-1, Susquhanna -1,Bedford (PA)-1, Selinsgrove-1, (7 - Rain Outs) thru 10-16-17

2017 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 57 Races @ 30 Tracks; (7-Rain Outs)
      2016 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 59 Races @ 28 Tracks; (15-Rain Outs)
      2015 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 56 Races @ 25 Tracks; (12-Rain Outs)

Comment

Theres decent incentives to run the series. If you are lower budget like a lot of the teams they are probably enjoying themselves racing new tracks

Comment

ok didn't catch that.

Comment

Spithaller has done fairly well lately, has really been struck by bad luck though. I believe he was scheduled to start 10th at Mercer before having to switch to backup car and finished 11th after starting tail (rough estimate on finish spot). If he was able to make the haul to Florida he'd be pushing Stambaugh and Michael pretty good for the 6th and 7th spots. Tyler Esh has been pretty solid if he starts on front row in heat. He can usually make the feature then. This is his first year in a 410 so to be doing as well as he is following the tour is impressive. Brandon Matus has also been solid at times. I think the big thing for a lot of the rookies is they can't time well in time trials yet. Starting deep in pack in heats pretty much dooms you. I believe the drivers get two more provisionals after speedweek correct?

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
              Hey everyone, was wanting to post a pretty good breakdown of who's been making the features, how many races etc for the full time All Stars. Just thought it was interesting and others might like to see it too. Pretty much what everyone thought at the beginning of the year has been the case. The rainouts have really hurt the drivers who couldn't make the trip to florida as you can tell by the races column vs the points total. I get why they made it count for points this year but I really don't think they should do that again unless they REALLY pay big time tow money for those making the trip. It's influenced the points race way too much so far. Also, under position ( the first column) the parenthesized number is the actual ranking for the points including non- all star drivers.
              Good list ... so far I am surprised by a couple of drivers/team ... thought Ryan Smith would be doing a little better on the series and also thought TJ Michaels would be doing a little better as well. I am surprised how well Armstrong and Helms are doing and both have been pretty competitive wherever they have raced. The rest of the guys you expected them to have up and down type season.

The rain-outs hurt everybody the fans, drivers, teams, tracks, etc.... not a good thing.

As for the points counting vs. not-counting in Florida I can see both sides of it. I would be in favor of them not counting for several reasons ... a lot of WoO's teams participate in these races along with some of the better teams in the country, the All-Stars took a hit with losing a couple of their top drivers, and the fact that the series expanded this year and have a lot of new talent/young drivers/teams on-board. It makes it tough that early on for some teams to travel that far for basically a two week stretch so early in the season.

As for the "big-time tow money" ... hard to do when your not sure who is going to run the series, just say they are going to run the series to get the early money, and not even sure a bigger tow money package to teams would have made a difference for those races in Florida. People are complaining about the series fees right now, but those same people don't realize that a lot of that money goes back to the teams/drivers to get their cars to the track and to basically guarantee certain teams will be at those races by following the series.

Lee Jacobs stated he probably would have ran the series again this year if the Florida races were non-point races because it simply put him to far behind in the points.

Why you want the points to count is simple ... every race matters along with the fact you want the teams/drivers that are going to race your series at those tracks because quite frankly that is what those tracks are paying for and would look bad if the brand is there, but no cars which would remind people of the Webb days.

Originally posted by Jay72c View Post
              Theres decent incentives to run the series. If you are lower budget like a lot of the teams they are probably enjoying themselves racing new tracks
              Agree ... think some of the teams felt they wasn't going to make much money sitting at home racing locally and thought they wanted to expand their schedule.

That is one thing a lot of fans seem to forget about some of these new teams/drivers on the All-Stars ... for some this is their first trip on the series along with the fact going to new tracks all the time makes it a lot tougher on these teams/drivers.

The travel ... yea they do some pretty good traveling some weekends, but when they are going away from their base they usually have it set up to run 3 races that weekend usually fairly close together which should help with trying to make it work along with getting a tow package money for all those trips. The big thing for some of these less funded teams is learning as much as they can at these new tracks, stay out of trouble where your not using up your equipment, and simply try and survive the first year on the tour.

I remember an article where Bobby Allen talked about taking the boys out on the WoO tour and said he knew they wasn't going to be ready for it, but thought it was best to get them out there now because they would take some lumps, but be able to race a lot more and learn a lot more by running with the best every single night. Think after the last several years we have all seen them getting better and becoming very competitive with the WoO's teams which should only make them better.

Comment

Another Pitgate exclusive! Good work again, GT. Speedweek should create plenty of changes in the standings. 8 races in 9 days is a test of physical and financial endurance for racers and fans. Any Pitgaters planning to attend all 8 races?

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
                  Another Pitgate exclusive! Good work again, GT. Speedweek should create plenty of changes in the standings. 8 races in 9 days is a test of physical and financial endurance for racers and fans. Any Pitgaters planning to attend all 8 races?
                  I wish I could but in college over the summer this year. Headed home to catch the Attica race and then headed to my grandparents to catch the Atomic race. I haven't been to Atomic yet but have been looking at going there for a while.

Also regarding the Florida races, I just don't think it's fair to teams that can't make the drive to be put back in points for it. They tried to make it fair by giving them a free 75 pts per race but if you were able to make all 5 then you still were guaranteed a 75 pt bonus just for showing up and not qualifying for the A. Honestly though, overall most of the drivers are about where I'd think they'd be. I hope Roger Campbell can get into that 15th spot for some point fund money. I remember that "Got poop" car he always had before running the throwback scheme this year. Gotta pull for the guy from OH.

Comment

I think Atomic is off this week. This is just my opinion, but latemodels are better than winged sprints at Atomic. Its a high banked track and the sprints mostly run around the bottom. The latemodels get up much higher on the track. Again some personal opinion....... Its more fun to watch cars run the top of the track. The modifieds always put on a great show at Atomic. Whenever you get a chance to go to Atomic, take it. (still more personal opinion)

Comment

There was actually a decent amount of shifting in the standings from last week. A lot of the all stars moved up or down over the three race weekend. Ryan Smith moved up to 3rd, Spithaler moved up to 7th, John Garvin moved up to 9th, Tyler Esh moved up to 10th, Hunter Macksion moved up to 12th, Jordan Mackison up to 14th, and Roger Campbell moved up to the last points fund payout position in 15th. The drivers moving backwards in the standings are: Helms dropped one spot to 4th, Brandon Matus dropped to 8th place, Brent Matus dropped to 11th, and Bradley Howard dropped down to 16th after not attending the IL/IA swing. Jordan Mackison used his last provisional over the weekend as well. Speedweek will certainly see more shifting in the points and should be an exciting week!

Pos. – Owner – Driver...................................Provision als....... Pts.. Pts Back Wins-Top5-Top10-Feat.-Races (Races including show up points for Rainout at Angell Park)
                      1 Hunter Racing LTD - Chad Kemenah.................... 2.......... 2302 N/A........... 3 – 10 – 13 – 17 – 18 (19)
                      2 C&A Motorsports - Caleb Armstrong ......................0.......... 2122 -180......... 0 – 3 – 8 – 18 – 18 (19)
                      3 Ryan Smith Racing LLC - Ryan Smith....................1.......... 2092 -210......... 0 – 4 – 8 – 16 – 18 (19)
                      4 Helms Racing, Inc. - Caleb Helms..........................1.......... 2072 -230......... 0 – 0 – 4 – 18 – 18 (19)
                      5 Ray Marshall Motorsports-Max Stambaugh...........1......... 1900 -402.......... 0 – 0 – 2 – 13 – 16 (17)
                      6 Tim Michael - TJ Michael........................................... .0........ 1810 -492........... 0 – 0 – 1 – 13 – 18 (19)
                      7 Brandon Spithaler - Brandon Spithaler....................2....... 1687 -615............ 0 – 0 – 2 – 9 – 13 (14)
                      8 Brent Matus Auto Racing - Brandon Matus.............1........ 1676 -626............ 0 – 0 – 0 – 7 – 18 (19)
                      9 Liz Matus Racing - John Garvin.................................0........ 1602 -700............ 0 – 0 – 0 – 4 – 18 (19)
                      10 Travis Esh - Tyler Esh............................................... .1....... 1595 -707............ 0 – 0 – 0 – 8 – 13 (14)
                      11 Brent Matus Auto Racing - Brent Matus..................0....... 1574 -728............ 0 – 0 – 0 – 3 – 18 (19)
                      12(13) John H. Mackison II - Hunter Mackison..........0........ 1537 -765............ 0 – 0 – 0 – 5 – 13 (14)
                      13(14) Apex Racing Development - Ryan Linder.......0........1534 -768............. 0 – 0 – 0 – 2 – 13 (14)
                      14(15) John H. Mackison II - Jordan Mackison..........0....... 1511 -791.............. 0 – 0 – 0 – 3 – 13 (14)
                      15(16) Roger Campbell - Roger Campbell................0 .......1489 -813.............. 0 – 0 – 0 – 2 – 13 (14)
                      16(17) Bradley Howard - Bradley Howard...................0....... 1276 -1026........... 0 – 0 – 0 – 3 – 11 (12)
                      17(27) Brian Lorenc - Dane Lorenc..............................2........ 753 -1549............. 0 – 0 – 0 – 1 – 4 (4)
                      Last edited by GTigers55; June 12th, 2017, 11:50 PM.

Comment

The ASCoC website does not present the point standings with this level of detail. I hope you did not neglect your studies.

Comment

The ASCoC website does not present the point standings with this level of detail. I hope you did not neglect your studies.
                          Believe it or not, all this information is on the ASCoC website but it's scattered throughout. Some of it is on the team portal page (i.e. provisionals and owners), the races entered are only listed in the driver profiles and nowhere else and I still don't understand why it isn't part of the points table. Anyways, I wish they'd get the top 5's and such sorted out. For some reason a lot of drivers have one too many top 5s, top 10s, and feature appearances.

Also I got a 98% in the one class I'm in right now, my next class in Hemostasis will probably be more challenging though.

Comment

I'm going to the ASCoC full site. Always used the mobile. Just busting you chops with the GPA comment. Hemostasis. That's gotta be a Latin or Greek word. Stable Blood? Blood Static? Blood Stop? You might be too smart to be a dirt fan.

Comment

I'm going to the ASCoC full site. Always used the mobile. Just busting you chops with the GPA comment. Hemostasis. That's gotta be a Latin or Greek word. Stable Blood? Blood Static? Blood Stop? You might be too smart to be a dirt fan.
                              Stopping of bleeding is the direct translation so pretty good job on that! Basically about the coagulation cascade and platelets and clotting. As far as the ASCoC site, it's hard to find the info that's kinda why I decided to compile it all together in one spot. Just makes it easier to me. Most of the info is in the points table I just like seeing the provisionals and total races entered as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X