WoO news with Attica/Fremont tie-in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WoO news with Attica/Fremont tie-in

The World of Outlaws sprint car series announced penalties to drivers Donny Schatz and Brian Lay on Thursday.

Every track should uphold the suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
      I agree. I wouldn't want to be racing against him on the track.

Comment

I'm sure the insurance company wouldn't like it either.

Comment

Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
          Agree 100% ... the rules were in place and all drivers knew it was possible no Matt we who they are, where they race at, or what track they drive.

If other tracks allow them to drive because it wasn't at their track, their series, etc... than they better be testing him before allowing him on the track or if I was a competitor I would be upset.

That would be like Bloomquist who seems to fail tires everytime he runs a big show at Eldora, WoO event, or UMP show, but seems to pass or never gets his tires tested running the Lucas oil series.

Comment

I don't agree with the drug testing. Least not for marijuana that's in your system for 30 days. I wouldn't want to race against someone whos been drinking or do heroin that day but if you smoked a joint last week who cares. Don't see how a missed drug test is worse then Schatz intentionally running Sheldon over. Id also hope the fine money goes back to the drivers some how.

Comment

If you want to do drugs then go sit in the stands. There's no place for it behind the wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
                I don't agree with the drug testing. Least not for marijuana that's in your system for 30 days. I wouldn't want to race against someone whos been drinking or do heroin that day but if you smoked a joint last week who cares. Don't see how a missed drug test is worse then Schatz intentionally running Sheldon over. Id also hope the fine money goes back to the drivers some how.
                If you only smoke one joint it is likely not going to show up on a test the following week or should say your likely won't be over the limit whatever their standards of testing is because everybodies "numbers" are different.

So you would be fine if somebody got half baked the night before or even during the day of a race?

Running into a guy is differently than being on drugs. How come you don't have a problem with Kemenah/Philo or didn't bring them up?

Either way looks bad for the local tracks that either have to do their own testing now or worry about backlash if theu allow these guys to race without being tested clean.

Comment

I doubt Brian Lay has a drug problem. His missed drug test might be due to a lack of communication. If the WoO wants to suspend him, that's their deal. Let him race.

Comment

You shouldn't be allowed to drive high of course just like you can't on the road but does the sport really need fines and suspensions? Let's bring the politics to local dirt track racing.... NFL and other professional leagues have a problem with there players and last time I looked around the pits I don't see drivers with the lifestyle's of other pro sports. Not to mention the money they make compared to local guys who are in the negative every year. My question is this needed? I mean we have cops and lawsuits for the Conley situation and philo and schatz have been handled on the track the last 60 - 70 years.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
                      I doubt Brian Lay has a drug problem. His missed drug test might be due to a lack of communication. If the WoO wants to suspend him, that's their deal. Let him race.
                      How do you know he doesn't? I mean I know a lot of guys that their parents didn't know they had one or didn't think it was that bad ... the usual it's just "weed" type of deal until it led to other things. I have no problem if somebody wants to do weed on their own, but when they can effect others either by driving a car, working at the same job I am at, or involves something that could risk my health or safety than I have a problem with it.

Heck, if he can pass a drug test and is clean I have no problem with him racing right away, but he should be willing to take one whenever a track, team, driver, owner wants him to take one.

Who knows he might not have a problem, but are you willing to risk it if your in a car right beside him? What happens the first time he gets on the track after this deal and he does something weird or crazy like a Phio/Kemenah deal do you think the fans and competitors are going to think something is up?

It's pretty common how these drug test deal goes and makes it sound like they told him what would happen if he declines the test ... they give you so much time and if you don't take it in that amount of time they feel like your stalling or hoping it will get delayed or through your system. When you decline to take a drug test your basically admitting that you will piss dirty and have a positive test result.

For us at our work (construction) we take a yearly drug test deal along with a random at anytime ... when we get a random we have to be able to take it within a 48 hour period of when we are given the papers. If we don't it is a positive test results and have to go through a 14 day drug classes that you pay for along with paying for the test, then after all that you have to take another test which you pay for and your more likely going to be given a random once in awhile for that entire year.

Comment

That's alot of assuming Eroc.

Comment

You shouldn't be allowed to drive high of course just like you can't on the road but does the sport really need fines and suspensions? Let's bring the politics to local dirt track racing.... NFL and other professional leagues have a problem with there players and last time I looked around the pits I don't see drivers with the lifestyle's of other pro sports. Not to mention the money they make compared to local guys who are in the negative every year. My question is this needed? I mean we have cops and lawsuits for the Conley situation and philo and schatz have been handled on the track the last 60 - 70 years.

Maybe fines and suspensions will make him kick the deal or maybe it will scare others to watch their limits especially knowing that they do test drivers and they did catch somebody ... maybe it will make him decide whether he wants to race bad enough or smoke weed? You can smell it in the stands at times so he can sit and watch the races like everybody else if he doesn't want to follow the rules.

That's alot of assuming Eroc.
                          Didn't ASSuME anything ... laid out what might be an issue or might not be ... nobody knows especially a fan whether he has a problem, recreational use, or a one time thing.

RaceMak actually ASSuMEd by saying he doesn't have a drug problem.

Will be interesting to see how the local tracks (FAST series) address this issue ... he is 3rd in FAST points, 11th at Attica, and 1st at Fremont). Will also be interesting to see how the All-Stars react especially with speedweeks coming up or if they just say that is a WoO deal and doesn't effect us.

Actually would like to see tracks/series have a open discussion about this and would like to hear what drivers and teams think about it? Be open minded and talk about it ... don't try and cover it up or hide behind it because that just makes it worse.

Comment

Y'all do realize they tested a driver without a ride this year in lm's. He didn't take test because wasn't racing and there his name went plastered with mud. This whole woo testing thing has some political bs smell to it and it ain't homegrown or skunk weed! Look into things deeper and seem what you find to form your opinion

$500 fine is peanuts. That is joke in itself and goes with the political bs. If your serious about things you'd of pulled his pts for night and fine!

Comment

Brian Liskai was saying on twitter that Brian Lay did attempt to provide a sample but wasn't able to provide enough when requested. So according to that he didn't refuse the drug test but couldn't produce enough urine before the event began. Why they wouldn't have just done the test later is a wonder to me if that is what really happened.

Comment

Working...
                              X