Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WoO news with Attica/Fremont tie-in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by ErocWolverine View Post

    The only thing I was surprised or not surprised about what no comment/response from either Attica or Fremont about the deal.
    I am having trouble with my reading comprehension again. So were you surprised or not surprised?

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Blaniac1 View Post

      I am having trouble with my reading comprehension again. So were you surprised or not surprised?
      I am surprised that Attica didn't make some type of statement, but not surprised by Fremont not doing anything.

      Seems weird to me that both tracks are trying to push this under the rug and not be talked about or brought up. Again I don't have a problem with it if they come out with a statement saying why they are allowing him to race. By saying nothing it makes it like they are trying to push this under the rug and not have a open discussion about it whether your a fan, driver, team owner, track official, promoter, etc... Think this day and age we need to be more open minded and also talk about certain issues and not feel like if you don't talk about it ... it will just go away.

      Comment


      • #33
        WoO suspended Brian Lay. Fremont is under no obligation to enforce WoO's suspensions. Fremont doesn't have a WoO race. Why should they be interested in anything the WoO does? I fail to see how throwing Brian Lay under the bus serves any purpose. Let it go and let him race.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by racemak View Post
          WoO suspended Brian Lay. Fremont is under no obligation to enforce WoO's suspensions. Fremont doesn't have a WoO race. Why should they be interested in anything the WoO does? I fail to see how throwing Brian Lay under the bus serves any purpose. Let it go and let him race.
          Why should they be interested? Well for starters they are allowing a guy to race right now that has failed a drug test by the rules stated.

          How did the WoO throw him under the bus? He either didn't take a pee test, didn't fulfill it, or simply denied to taking it ... which all results in positive test. Maybe I take a little more issue with this more than others on here because I go through a drug program in my line of work and take it seriously especially knowing some people can have my life in their hands or vice-versa depending on the situation at my work.

          Some might say he didn't pee in a cup, didn't have enough pee in the cup, etc... that is still a failed test. I have known a lot of guys in my line of work that have done similar things ... some had a problem while others didn't at least (IMO), but the results and test are fair for all and everybody knows going into the situation what is expected of you along with what to expect, how long it takes, how much they need, and the amount of time your allowed.

          All I am saying that you can't hide behind this situation by trying to push it under the rug and I am wondering if the insurance companies at these tracks know about the results, about how the tracks are acting or not acting about it, along with how other teams, other drivers, etc... feel about it.

          Again ... not saying he shouldn't be out there or should be ... think tracks, promoters, drivers, owners, and yes even fans should have discussion about the use of drugs and this sport we all love. NOT saying the fans should have a say in what happens in this case, but things should be discussed. This is a dangerous sport as it is now ... Most people applauded this deal at least on here when drug testing was introduced in the off season ... if other series, tracks, or even fans ignore these results it will probably bite them in the ass at some point in time ... not saying this situation, but at some point on down the road it will happen. A few years ago when Tyler Walker was having issues a lot of people on here and elsewhere was saying he shouldn't be on the track.

          If a local track decided to test another driver in the next couple of months (say they believe a guy is under the influence) why should that driver feel obligated to take the test? Can't that driver/team say you ignored the results of the WoO test so why should I have to take a test for you guys when you allowed a driver to race that you all know failed to take the test or pass it by the rules stated? That is when things could get dicey for tracks, teams, owners, drivers, etc...

          Comment


          • #35
            Eroc, I think you care more about it then anyone else.

            Comment


            • #36
              He's an independent contractor whom tested for a job at Eldora with woo rules, now he's offering his service to other businesses such as Attica and Fremont whom use their own set of rules. Your in construction so maybe this makes more sense. Why would they talk about something that they didn't administer, they only know what they've been told just like us. Liskai made mention of in victory lane directly to lay.

              Do they pee test and send in to test lab or they just going by strip test results at time of test?

              Comment


              • #37
                The WoO is not an organization comparable to INDYCAR, Formula One, NASCAR, NHRA, etc, in many aspects. None of us know anything about their testing procedures, protocols, etc, and neither do individual tracks. Since the WoO was formed in 1978, I've seen dozens of dubious issues with them. In the abscence of lots of information regarding this matter, the conservative approach is to take no action. Not defending drug or alcohol use while competing, and not defending this driver, whom I've never met , but we don't know most of the facts and therefore it is nearly impossible to make a call. For all we know, the driver might have recently taken a prescription med and was reluctant to take a test which would clearly show a positive, like the A J Almendinger fiasco in NASCAR several years back. Penske whacked the guy without knowing all the facts. I respect all the opinions expressed on this subject, and this is just my personal observation, right or wrong.

                Comment


                • #38
                  The WoO pay an outside company to do the testing. They randomly select drivers with the same system you use for pill draw, you go to the trailer, fill out some forms, get watched as you pee in a cup, they pour it into 2 seperate containers, seal it in front of you and you have to verify and sign everything.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Cap Henry View Post
                    The WoO pay an outside company to do the testing. They randomly select drivers with the same system you use for pill draw, you go to the trailer, fill out some forms, get watched as you pee in a cup, they pour it into 2 seperate containers, seal it in front of you and you have to verify and sign everything.
                    I'm gonna take a guess you got randomly selected? Lol Also congrats on the season thusfar. You've seemed pretty dang competitive all year. Any chance you'll be running any races in Ohio this year still now that you're in the BWW car?

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Twice... lol

                      Unfortunetly not, no Ohio races on the schedule.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
                        He's an independent contractor whom tested for a job at Eldora with woo rules, now he's offering his service to other businesses such as Attica and Fremont whom use their own set of rules. Your in construction so maybe this makes more sense. Why would they talk about something that they didn't administer, they only know what they've been told just like us. Liskai made mention of in victory lane directly to lay.

                        Do they pee test and send in to test lab or they just going by strip test results at time of test?
                        Well for me if I get busted from one company, in most cases I can't go to another company doing the same thing especially if they are all tied into the same deal ... which is called "MOST" drug program. I have to take 14 classes i believe it is about whatever drug/alcohol I got busted for and heard at one time they was $90.00 a class and then after passing that you have to take another pee test and have to be able to take a random every month for a year.

                        Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post
                        The WoO is not an organization comparable to INDYCAR, Formula One, NASCAR, NHRA, etc, in many aspects. None of us know anything about their testing procedures, protocols, etc, and neither do individual tracks. Since the WoO was formed in 1978, I've seen dozens of dubious issues with them. In the abscence of lots of information regarding this matter, the conservative approach is to take no action. Not defending drug or alcohol use while competing, and not defending this driver, whom I've never met , but we don't know most of the facts and therefore it is nearly impossible to make a call. For all we know, the driver might have recently taken a prescription med and was reluctant to take a test which would clearly show a positive, like the A J Almendinger fiasco in NASCAR several years back. Penske whacked the guy without knowing all the facts. I respect all the opinions expressed on this subject, and this is just my personal observation, right or wrong.
                        That is why I would like to see fans, drivers, owners, teams, tracks, promoters talking about it and not pretend it didn't happen or throw it under the rug and pretend it didn't happen. Again not saying he shouldn't race or should race, but think it should be talked about and think at a drivers meeting it should be brought up and discussed simply because a driver could be worried about being out on the same track as somebody that has been tested positive or at the very least for the driver to tell people what happened and then let them discuss among themselves.

                        As for the prescription med deal ... you are suppose to tell the testing facility whatever you have taken such as over the counter pills, prescription pills, and even herbs/vitamins if they are powerful enough to make sure your safe or that is what they have always asked me just in case so they can check that off or see if that was in your system.

                        Originally posted by Cap Henry View Post
                        The WoO pay an outside company to do the testing. They randomly select drivers with the same system you use for pill draw, you go to the trailer, fill out some forms, get watched as you pee in a cup, they pour it into 2 seperate containers, seal it in front of you and you have to verify and sign everything.
                        That is exactly how they do it for us on the job or whenever we have to take a random/annual drug test.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X