Weather at Waynesfield?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather at Waynesfield?

According to AccuWeather it is currently raining in Waynesfield. Anyone at the track or close by that can shed some light on the weather? Do we have a chance to get this one in this evening?

It's been raining here for 30 minutes

Comment

Is everything still on for the race tonight?

Comment

According to Waynesfield's website, the speedweek race for this evening has been cancelled.

Comment

The weather sucks big fat donkey balls. I hope they use the Wednesday rain date.

Comment

This is why you don't go back to Attica on Wednesday for just the A-Main ...

--------------------------
            All Star Sprints‏ @ASCoC
            6m6 minutes ago

We will return to @OfficialWRP on Wednesday June 21st. Time schedule stays the same. More details to come tomorrow morning. #OhioSpeedweek

Comment

I doubt the ASCoC ever considered going to ARP on Wednesday. I'm going to Waynesfield on Wednesday, but I'm done with Accu-Weather. I have switched to Weather USA and their forcast looks good for WRP on Wednesday nite.

Comment

After a check of the WRP Facebook page, I'm NOT going to Waynesfield. The NRA will not be racing. In their place an unknown country singer will perform at intermission. No thanks. Evidently WRP plans to have a very long intermission. The only band I would pay to see is.......hell, there is no band I would pay to see. They all suck except for Iron Maiden. Why do dirt tracks always have a lame-ass commercial country band when they know they don't have enough racing to fill an evening?

Comment

Well that's a shame. Seemed like they were trying to get the Mini Sprint guys to come fill in for them at least but guessing they couldn't get enough to come out. I don't think I'm gonna be at any more speedweek shows. Still can't believe Attica got rained out. 5% chance of rain and pops up right on top of track.

Comment

Yup, I'm done with Speed Week. I'm also done with the All Stars, WoO, Lucas Oil, and any sanctionioning organization other than UMP. A dirt race is a dirt race. No traveling "stars" are worth the non-refundable admission price to see them perform. The ARP/WCS/Oakshade latemodels and ARP/Fremont 410's are good enough for me. Enjoy my $22, Tony. Its the last of my money you will get. See y'all at Fremont this Saturday. Weather permitting.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
                      Yup, I'm done with Speed Week. I'm also done with the All Stars, WoO, Lucas Oil, and any sanctionioning organization other than UMP. A dirt race is a dirt race. No traveling "stars" are worth the non-refundable admission price to see them perform. The ARP/WCS/Oakshade latemodels and ARP/Fremont 410's are good enough for me. Enjoy my $22, Tony. Its the last of my money you will get. See y'all at Fremont this Saturday. Weather permitting.
                      That was track policy at Attica. At Mansfield they're offering discounted tickets to two different races as part of the makeup for the rained out ASCoC and BOSS show for the same exact situation. Don't believe that had anything to do with the All Stars. Just an unfortunate situation that random pop ups hit. Don't see why you're pissed off with the sanctions?

Comment

alrighty then..........

Comment

I don't mind not having the NRA's on Wednesday, they should have plenty of 410's and it'll save the track. I'll just take a stroll during the break. Should get home at a decent hour as well.

Comment

I'm done with Accu-Weather. I have switched to Weather USA and their forcast looks good for WRP on Wednesday nite.
                            I use two programs ... Dark Sky and weather-bug ... both seem to work well and pretty accurate most of the time.

After a check of the WRP Facebook page, I'm NOT going to Waynesfield. The NRA will not be racing. In their place an unknown country singer will perform at intermission. No thanks. Evidently WRP plans to have a very long intermission. The only band I would pay to see is.......hell, there is no band I would pay to see. They all suck except for Iron Maiden. Why do dirt tracks always have a lame-ass commercial country band when they know they don't have enough racing to fill an evening?
                            The reason for not having the NRA is because of timing along with they likely knew that they would have 30-40 360's if not more and likely meant a very long night ... they wanted to get the fans home at a decent time which also meant they was trying to attract more fans to show up for this event because of it. They also realized probably they wouldn't get as many fans to this event during the week especially because it wasn't advertised much ahead of time along with the fact it is in the middle of the week so trying to push a quick show with only one division that would help people come to the event.

Guess you don't believe in the dollar a car deal ... because that would be a bargain still with only one division especially if they have around 57 cars like they had at Wayne County Monday night.

As you try and tell me about divisions I don't like that you still want me to attend those events ... go to the restroom, get a sandwich, something to drink, or take a stroll around the facilities when the band is playing.

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                            Well that's a shame. Seemed like they were trying to get the Mini Sprint guys to come fill in for them at least but guessing they couldn't get enough to come out. I don't think I'm gonna be at any more speedweek shows. Still can't believe Attica got rained out. 5% chance of rain and pops up right on top of track.
                            Yes, they tried to get the mini-sprints but seemingly couldn't get enough interest.

How can you blame the series for how a track handles the rain tickets? Might want to read the track policy before going to any event in the future if your so butt hurt over how the all-star speedweek event was handled. Also it isn't Tony getting your $22.00 ... it is the race track ... the All-Stars get a set fee which covers their expenses, announcers, tech guys, tow money, point fund, and bringing 15-20 all-star regulars on a consistent basis along with many more invaders that usually come to a all-star event over a regular local show. So it doesn't matter if the race track gets 2,000 fans or 20,000 fans the all-stars get the same fee payment.

Guess you like going to a event with only 14 - 410's over the all-stars speedweek shows ... good for you and hope you enjoy it.

You was likely going to go to the two day Attica show in the fall so you was still going to get your money's worth by seeing the feature that you missed the other night along with likely seeing a bigger car count, better field of cars, and possibly a lot more invaders because of the amount of money on the line at both Attica and Wayne County that weekend with 2 - $10,000 to win shows along with Attica's $5,000 to win show on Friday night.

I have no problem with how Attica handled the show for speedweek ... again it on Attica -- not the All-Stars. Again I am likely going to both Attica shows in the fall so I will think of the extra feature as a bonus and think it will be great for the fans. Attica could possibly draw a lot more fans to the stands that weekend because of it and thinking they are getting something extra for it.

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post

That was track policy at Attica. At Mansfield they're offering discounted tickets to two different races as part of the makeup for the rained out ASCoC and BOSS show for the same exact situation. Don't believe that had anything to do with the All Stars. Just an unfortunate situation that random pop ups hit. Don't see why you're pissed off with the sanctions?
                            Yea ... some people just don't understand and don't want to blame the locals and get hurt feelings and want to blame the outsiders or the big bad series.

Originally posted by Jay72c View Post

alrighty then..........
                            LOL ...

Originally posted by Saphead View Post
                            I don't mind not having the NRA's on Wednesday, they should have plenty of 410's and it'll save the track. I'll just take a stroll during the break. Should get home at a decent hour as well.
                            That is what they (the track) was shooting for ... they didn't want a midnight type of event or even possibly later especially with all this rain that keeps popping up this week.

Comment

The 360s on the original schedule was co-sanctioned NRA/GLSS. The GLSS group is mostly cars from Michigan and drivers that have "normal" jobs. They said right away that it was doubtful any of them could make it to race Wednesday at Waynesfield due to their jobs. There were also a few of the usual NRA guys that would have a difficult time getting back on Wednesday. So now we were gonna be lucky to have 15) 360 cars show up which looks bad and is unfair to guys running for points that weren't able to get off work for a last minute schedule change.
                              It is a huge risk to "hope" the crowd is large enough to pay the All Star purse for a little place like Waynesfield with only 3 days notice.
                              Last edited by skinnykenny; June 20th, 2017, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X