Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waynesfield Summer Sprint Sizzler

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Waynesfield Summer Sprint Sizzler

    Who's all headed to the Field' tonight? I'm keeping an eye to the sky as usual with this wet ass summer.

  • #2
    And does anyone know what format they are using for the 360's & 410's?

    Comment


    • #3
      Heading that way in an hour.Tailgating by the front gate under the canopy.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Denny Kerner View Post
        Heading that way in an hour.Tailgating by the front gate under the canopy.
        Give us a weather update when you arrive.

        Comment


        • #5
          Fast series said they are doing hot laps+quali at same time like Attica does in an effort to speed along the program.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
            Fast series said they are doing hot laps+quali at same time like Attica does in an effort to speed along the program.
            They did that last night at Atomic and I got home this morning at 3:40 AM. So much for speeding up the program.

            Comment


            • #7
              Single car qualifying at Waynesfield is worth the price of admission alone. If the idea is to speed up the show, which it doesn't, just start qualifying ten minutes earlier. One of the 32 reasons I hate group qualifying is shown below....enjoy.

              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uok3KGT1nDo

              Comment


              • #8
                group qualifye if drivers smart enough to give them selves room to make clean laps. imo qualifying sucks and waste of track and time but.......to each own right?

                Comment


                • #9
                  wow watched video and my first statement holds true

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
                    group qualifye if drivers smart enough to give them selves room to make clean laps. imo qualifying sucks and waste of track and time but.......to each own right?
                    Very true about the drivers and being smart ... I mean spread out and give yourself enough room to get good laps in.

                    I think qualifying is the only "fair" way of doing it especially for bigger shows ... pill draw isn't great for the teams/drivers especially if they get stuck in the back and have huge amount of cars in heats like a lot of series/tracks are doing now. To me, having 10 cars in a heat is way to many especially when your talking 8 laps for most tracks.

                    As for time ... it shouldn't be an issue because if the track is on time qualifying should be done before the official start time and be nice if that happened more frequently than a rarity at some tracks.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I spent 2 hours sitting in the car in the parking lot, heard hot laps fire up so I bought a ticket so I could save seats, sat down for 2 groups of qualifying and more rain. Left and had dinner at the truck stop in Wapakoneta. But I am glad that they re-scheduled for Sunday Sept. 3rd.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        They had 4 divisions with total 115 cars. With that many cars and timing 2 of the 4 classes ( 50 % of the cars based on 32 410's and 32 360's tonight ), it's ridiculous to list an " intermission " on the sequence of events posted on their board. I have no gripe with time trials , but please start hot laps earlier and do away with "intermission ". A lot of us are no longer in the age 18-40 range. I was there but not so sure about attending the reschedule date. This event ran quite late the past 2 years too. They had a great crowd in the stands and pits, so let's reward all with a timely show. First race at 7.30 on the nose and out by 10.30 to 10.45 PM. Just my usual worthless opinion.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Not a good reschedule date for the 410's going against the 10k to win ascoc show at wcs. I know a lot of the fast series cars wouldn't run wcs anyway but im sure its going to bother the ones that would've. Be interesting to see how many actually follow the fast series next year. I think I would rather be like lee Jacobs, dean jacobs and philo and run were ever I wanted to go. I don't think the fast can afford to lose anymore cars since the only ones who follow it now are the fremont regulars.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I knew there was something about September 3rd that made it seem like an odd day to reschedule to me... To be fair though it's not like many drivers from WCS would be going to Waynesfield and vice versa. Odd that their choice for a reschedule date was a Sunday though. Seemed like September 8th or 9th would've been a better reschedule date unless there is something going on that weekend I'm not realizing.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
                              Not a good reschedule date for the 410's going against the 10k to win ascoc show at wcs. I know a lot of the fast series cars wouldn't run wcs anyway but im sure its going to bother the ones that would've. Be interesting to see how many actually follow the fast series next year. I think I would rather be like lee Jacobs, dean jacobs and philo and run were ever I wanted to go. I don't think the fast can afford to lose anymore cars since the only ones who follow it now are the fremont regulars.
                              Agree ... think that was done for a reason to keep the FAST guys that might have traveled (probably a few, but remember they really only have 10 FAST guys I think) for the $10,000 show to go back to Waynesfield for $3,000 to win. Now the question is where does the Attica/Fremont teams who aren't a member of FAST decide to go on a big weekend of racing with big purses?

                              This is just (IMO) but the FAST series has over-reached. When first created it was suppose to help the local guys who ran Attica and Fremont to give them a special races, a little bit bigger purse, and another point fund to create interest locally and try and get a little more excitement in the area.

                              Now they are trying to turn it into another traveling series. Since Farmer took over the series has taken on more traveling, purses not going up, no tow money, and I don't believe the point fund has changed unless it went the wrong way? You have seen each year less and less teams follow the series for several reasons. Might be time to go back to your roots and get the locals back ... want to travel to other tracks outside of the area then make them non-point races, but ran by the series.

                              Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                              I knew there was something about September 3rd that made it seem like an odd day to reschedule to me... To be fair though it's not like many drivers from WCS would be going to Waynesfield and vice versa. Odd that their choice for a reschedule date was a Sunday though. Seemed like September 8th or 9th would've been a better reschedule date unless there is something going on that weekend I'm not realizing.
                              8th or 9th would have been better for the sport, fans, drivers, teams, owners, but again it isn't always about what is right or what is best for the sport, but trying to keep their guys away from our guys type of deal.

                              The All-Stars are in PA that weekend for a big show, WoO in CA, ... Attica done ... Fremont racing on the 9th ... Atomic, Knoxville, USAC/BOSS sprints not running.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X