All Stars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Stars

The All Stars are like an 80s rock band. They are still over charging based on their name and playing sold out shows. When in reality the lead singer (Kemenah) is the only real member left. The rest of the group left and were replaced with guys that aren't as good and no one has heard of.

Rich is that you?

Comment

who had heard of bobby davis jr back in 1989? who had heard of the brownsville bullet in 1994 with the hughes ride? who had heard of kyle larson till he won what 3-of 6 shows and lead another at eldora before blowing a tire? i get where you coming from and maybe going but think your reaching a touch too much..... fyi my years maybe off and just showing age

Comment

Originally posted by Saphead View Post
        Rich is that you?
        That is funny.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneSprintin' View Post
          The All Stars are like an 80s rock band. They are still over charging based on their name and playing sold out shows. When in reality the lead singer (Kemenah) is the only real member left. The rest of the group left and were replaced with guys that aren't as good and no one has heard of.
          Actually I think this is fairly accurate. Some of the regulars now don't have potential to be stars like Joey Saldana or Dave Blaney or Kasey Kahne or others back in the day. But, today people have lower expectations, so I think that is why attendance is fairly good at many of their events, particularly Speedweek. None of what ASCOC does now affects me, as after decades of attending 25 - 35 of their shows per year, I'm down to just a few now . But, to each their own. Those who like it should support it, and those who don't can find alternative events. I'm down to weekly programs and unsanctioned specials, and am quite happy with it. This ASCOC debate is strictly a matter of opinion and there is no definitive right or wrong. Hopefully all the viewers here can find events that they will enjoy and embrace.

Comment

What still brings me to the allstar shows are the invaders that come.

Comment

You never know just who might show up for an All-Star show, besides, you can have a great race without premier names. The programs are generally well run and timely. Some guys are running OSCS or FAST or OVSCA, but they all run ASCoC when it comes around.

Comment

There is certainly potential I think in a few of the drivers there. Not necessarily stars but to be damn competitive drivers who are always a threat to win a race. Kemenah is far and away the best guy there now but we'll see what happens next year too. Might get some other young drivers who decide to run. Be awesome to see someone like Macedo or PPM run it next year.

Comment

Working...
                X