Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waynesfield big shows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Waynesfield big shows

    I know this has been covered before, but I want to whine. I like Waynesfield and it's fairly close to home so I go several times a year, but people need to recognize bigger shows and have some courtesy. Pulled in for the Sizzler last night and the first thing I see is people tailgating on the west end of the parking lot, that's great, but one of them was parked right in the driveway. On a normal Saturday that"s fine, but when you know the place will be packed? Next thing is stadium seats, I have one and I love it. I take it to the Field all the time and also to Shady Bowl and a couple other places, but I have a regular butt cushion that I take to the Speedweek show and to the Sizzler. Do these people realize how much they screw the people behind them when there is limited seating? The last thing is smoking in the bleachers, it doesn't bother me alot but if I had a small child it would. At the Speedweek show a guy in front of me was puffing away at a cigar!! That's nice, how about I fart in your face a couple times? Sorry, just wanted to complain.

  • #2
    Some tracks could get a few ushers to park cars and monitor seating. Prolly will never happen though. id rather have smoke in my face and a stadium chair in my knee then sit anywhere close to the people at muskinghum last night. I was at the top row like usual and this lady was standing on her seat three rows in front of me most of the night. and if she wasn't up yelling with two beers in her hand her boyfriend was. Seeing at who they was cheering for they obviously are hilltop regulars and nothings worse then hilltop hillbillys imo. If you need advice to get away from stadium chairs just mark the seats in front of you also. if the place gets full give them away to people looking for seats in your section. You can see if they have a blanket, cushion, or stadium chair. If they have busch lights in their hands, etc... you get the point.

    Comment


    • #3
      Never been to hilltop for that exact reason. Girlfriend worked in Millersburg last summer and seemed like it's very interesting town there lol

      Comment


      • #4
        Understand the frustration about seating and smoking, but at some point it comes back to the track as well. If they allow it nothing can be done about it. I think they should only be allowed to smoke in designated areas at tracks and definitely not in the grandstands anymore.

        I know times have been tough lately for a lot of tracks, but if they are going to hold these bigger type of events then I would like to see some of these tracks upgrade their seating. This isn't the 50's/60's or even the 80's/90's anymore where you can pack people in like sardines and people will keep coming over and over again.

        I have noticed the past couple of years over in PA where they have really upgraded a lot of their tracks and especially getting better seating which look a lot more roomy/comfortable/nicer. Seen a lot of them buying old (new really) NASCAR sections and putting them to good use at their facilities which I am betting they got for a good price which are either the fold down seats or at least bench seats with backs to them.

        I know I harp on several issues, but in today's world entertainment dollars aren't as big as they once was along with so many other things to attract people's attention, their money, and their interest.

        If fans aren't entertained, aren't comfortable, and not happy about concessions than your probably not going to see them as often as possibly you would have 10, 15, or 20 years ago. NASCAR is still reeling from trying to pack fans in and not giving them good seating, making them wait for hours to get out of the parking lots, and over priced concession stands, tickets, hotel/camping spots, etc... Could also throw in many of the other professional sports and college football too.

        Comment


        • #5
          I had stadium seats all around me at the Speedweek show. The row in front of me wasn't even useable because of this. I saw a lot of people triple parked also, glad I left early when the 2nd rain hit during group qualifying.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
            Some tracks could get a few ushers to park cars and monitor seating. Prolly will never happen though. id rather have smoke in my face and a stadium chair in my knee then sit anywhere close to the people at muskinghum last night. I was at the top row like usual and this lady was standing on her seat three rows in front of me most of the night. and if she wasn't up yelling with two beers in her hand her boyfriend was. Seeing at who they was cheering for they obviously are hilltop regulars and nothings worse then hilltop hillbillys imo. If you need advice to get away from stadium chairs just mark the seats in front of you also. if the place gets full give them away to people looking for seats in your section. You can see if they have a blanket, cushion, or stadium chair. If they have busch lights in their hands, etc... you get the point.
            Hey hey now... easy on the Busch Lights, we're not all bad folks!

            Comment


            • #7
              I love waynesfield. I would love to be a promoter and just take it to another level there. Limaland also. Maybe because their my home tracks but the racing they provide especially when 410s are on both tracks is some of the best and definitely upgrade the seating and some other things to make it more unique and stand out from the rest. Putting a damn flag pole would be the very first thing I would do at Waynesfield. Anal maybe but it's personal thing..

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Cten17 View Post
                I love waynesfield. I would love to be a promoter and just take it to another level there. Limaland also. Maybe because their my home tracks but the racing they provide especially when 410s are on both tracks is some of the best and definitely upgrade the seating and some other things to make it more unique and stand out from the rest. Putting a damn flag pole would be the very first thing I would do at Waynesfield. Anal maybe but it's personal thing..
                Oh I know what you mean, I sit there and daydream about what I would do if I had an unlimited check book. But they have the most important part right, the track! Perfect shape, perfect length, perfect banking and a really good surface.

                Comment


                • #9
                  They also have a couple of billboards there on the backstretch !!!! Makes me think of a Monkee's song "He's a daydream believer & a home coming king" Didn't think it would be cool to call Saphead a queen so I changed it a little.

                  And KB whine on dude whine on. Sometimes it's a good thing. I think they call it constructive criticism.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Sprintcarfanatic View Post
                    They also have a couple of billboards there on the backstretch !!!! Makes me think of a Monkee's song "He's a daydream believer & a home coming king" Didn't think it would be cool to call Saphead a queen so I changed it a little.

                    And KB whine on dude whine on. Sometimes it's a good thing. I think they call it constructive criticism.
                    Yeah I'm letting those billboards slide for now but if it gets too corporate like that place down in Darke county I will let everyone know how I feel.

                    Maybe they will start charging an extra $4.00 per seat for the Keystone Korner section.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Know what ya mean. Now hold on there about the Korner !!!! You and Denny could swap some old stories. Come up & introduce yourself sometime.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X