Brad Doty Classic ... and the King's Royal Weekend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brad Doty Classic ... and the King's Royal Weekend

Its almost here the Brad Doty Classic. One of my favorite races of the year. Besides the WOO regular drivers what surprise drivers might we see? I seen Larson Rico Scelzi and Bell are planning on being there.

Think they will get near 60 cars maybe even more for this event ... or at least hoping. Probably depend on how the locals support it because you have roughly 15 WoO, 15 All-Stars which might not all make the trip, invaders (15-20 maybe more), than locals which on a average get around 22-30 cars depending on the weekend and who might travel from Wayne County / Atomic for this event as well.

Yes for sure:

As stated above Rico Abreu, Kyle Larson, Dominic Scelzi, and Christopher Bell.

Ian Madsen, Paige Polyak I believe announced on twitter she will be there. Carson Macedo in the Joe Gaerte 3g, and Brady Bacon.

***(Updated) Spencer Bayston in Kevin Swindell's car. (Won't be at the King's Royal -- Midget races).

***(Updated) Shawn Dancer.

Jeremy Elliott‏ @jelliott1011 39m39 minutes ago
    .@DaleBlaney will run the Gene Jenkins Sprint Car during next week's @braddoty18 Classic and Kings Royal.

***I believe this is the car that Tim Shaffer drover for a little bit a few years ago (#55).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Probably:

Got to figure that most of the All-Star guys will be there.

Got to think Joey Saldana in the Indy Racing Parts 71 will be there along with Tim Shaffer, PPM (Parker Price Miller), Dave Blaney in Motter car, Danny Smith, Cole Duncan.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Big question mark:

Doty spoke to Kasey Kahne and said it is still possible, but wouldn't commit.

Tony Stewart you never know where he will race until you see the trailer on the lot.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the Kings Royal ... all or most of the above plus

Kerry Madsen, Brian Brown, Trey Starks, James McFadden.

***(Updated) Chris Andrews stated he will be at Eldora for Friday and Saturday. Good to hear of local team making the trip!
    Last edited by ErocWolverine; July 10th, 2017, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Should be a great race. Hope I can make it work sometime. Never been able to make it to the Doty yet. Will be going to the Kings Royal and Eldora for the first time next weekend so very excited for that!

Comment

seen mintz is driving the #11n for the doty

Comment

Imagine that..............rain in the forecast all week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay72c View Post
            Imagine that..............rain in the forecast all week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Yea ... 10 minutes away from Attica and already 2" of rain and only 1:00pm Monday with rain still coming down hard.

Comment

Originally posted by ErocWolverine View Post

Yea ... 10 minutes away from Attica and already 2" of rain and only 1:00pm Monday with rain still coming down hard.
              Unfortunately, I don't see this happening this year with the rain today, more rain tomorrow, and calling for rain Wednesday. Damn mother nature!!

Comment

Originally posted by am0ti View Post

Unfortunately, I don't see this happening this year with the rain today, more rain tomorrow, and calling for rain Wednesday. Damn mother nature!!
                Actually the forecast for tomorrow is looking a lot better than it was just a day ago ... the problem is can the infield, parking lots, and track be ready to race Tuesday night?

Even Wednesday isn't looking to bad besides early morning showers, but how much more rain can the facility take on? I would personally rather get it in Tuesday than Wednesday because that means I have no time to pack for Eldora, get the camper ready, etc... Wednesday is usually my day of getting everything around and ready to leave Thursday early morning.

Well at least right now we don't have to worry about dust flying ... got to look at the bright side sometime.

Comment

Comment

Put the guys in boats and have 'em race?

Comment

You can drain the infield. Just can't afford to have more rain tomorrow

Comment

Can't drain the parking lot tho

Comment

Attica's parking has never been too bad even after a soaking rain. Not in my experiences anyways. Pits I've never been in so not sure how bad it gets there. Hope they can get her in.

Comment

whats everyone's guess how many 410's at attica for the doty

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X