No announcement yet.

Brad Doty Classic ... and the King's Royal Weekend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just at the track they are pumping the water off the track with 2 pumps. They are making progress. I know they plan to run it tomorrow as scheduled and the weather forecast for Wednesday is worse than Tuesdays's.

Comment

Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
      Can't drain the parking lot tho
      Parking lots are fine for the most part ... was just there. Got to remember in that area the ground is so frickin hard this time of year so yea you might have some low spots that might act like a pond, but for the most it runs off because it rained so hard or the ground is so hard.

Going to have to keep pumping all night long to get turns 3 and 4 of the infield empty from the pond. They are pumping into the pit area stone area which the pit area is fine. Biggest thing is no more rain or very little in the morning like expected. Going to be nice afternoon/night so it should dry out quite a bit with the wind and sun in the afternoon.

This photo was taken about 8.

As others stated Tuesday looks a lot better to get the race in than Wednesday as of right now.
      Attica.jpg

Comment

Comment

I'm betting around 58 cars. Hopefully not too many hold off on coming due to weather.

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
            I'm betting around 58 cars. Hopefully not too many hold off on coming due to weather.
            Your the winner ...

No locals made the A-Main ... Fast/Attica/Fremont ... kind of surprised by it.

Very good program (IMO).

Comment

Originally posted by ErocWolverine View Post

Your the winner ...

No locals made the A-Main ... Fast/Attica/Fremont ... kind of surprised by it.

Very good program (IMO).

Palker and lee are the only non Allstar or outlaw that made it I believe.

Comment

Nice car count, I hope that projects well over to the Kings Royal.

Comment

Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post

Palker and lee are the only non Allstar or outlaw that made it I believe.
                  Well there were plenty of Invaders that made it too. Not locals obviously but. Larson, Abreu, Shaffer, Madsen, Bacon, Bayston, Macedo Malsam, Blaney (who in past years was a local/allstar) Also Rob Chaney made the feature and I'd consider that a local car/driver too. He pulled off rather quickly from what I could tell on race monitor. Looks like I hit the nail on the head with the car count though! Andrew Palker has been having a much better year now that he's racing local stuff again, same with Lee Jacobs. Kinda nice to have them around for the local shows this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Saphead View Post
                    Nice car count, I hope that projects well over to the Kings Royal.
                    Think it will because of so many invaders coming in for the long week of racing at either Attica or the 3 nights at Eldora. Actually as long as not many wrecks or big crashes the car counts could actually go up each night because it sounds like a bunch of guys are coming Friday night. So Thursday show might be the smallest car count of the weekend at Eldora.

Besides the names listed above a couple of days ago more just added.

Ryan Smith will be in the Coldren #07 that he ran during PA speedweek ... this weekend at Eldora.

Josh Baughman #17 will be at Eldora as well.

Tyler Walker is rumored to becoming back to Eldora in the #35 car he ran in PA.

Comment

I know that Craig Mintz is going in the 11n, DJ Foos will be there in the 23, Chris Andrews said he was gonna be there, Travis Philo as well. Sammy Swindell, Both Madsens, Brian Brown, Adam Cruea, Brandon Wimmer, Dale Blaney, Dominic Scelzi, I'd imagine Taylar Malsam, Shawn Dancer, are some of the names I've seen as going there now. Obviously more but hard to recall every name I've seen.

Comment

Working...
                      X