Eldora Parking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eldora Parking

Was wondering what the parking is like at Eldora for Kings Royal on Saturday. Is it grass and get muddy easy with all this rain? Paved? Gravel? Debating on taking a 4WD versus a Monte Carlo so I'd appreciate it.

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
    Was wondering what the parking is like at Eldora for Kings Royal on Saturday. Is it grass and get muddy easy with all this rain? Paved? Gravel? Debating on taking a 4WD versus a Monte Carlo so I'd appreciate it.
    Depends on where you park ...

Most of it is gravel for the most part and depending on when you get there. A lot of it is reserved parking for campers, but have spots on Eldora grounds for car parking.

Then you have across the street on the front stretch that is grass field ... then in turns 4 across the street is grass ... then by turn 3 is where open camping is and free parking.

A little advise ... if your only going Saturday I would suggest getting there early ... as you can tell by the photo there are a lot of campers there. If you get there early enough might be able to park where the trailers stage (turn 3/4 where the suites are located in the early morning/afternoon before going inside the track (we park there all the time for the WoO races and pretty easy get out after the races especially if you use the first road which is the trailer road by turn 3 ... we camp in between there and the 2nd road which is by turn 4 and that is where a lot of the campers/fan walk so hard to get out that road right after the race if your trying to get out quick. If not there than best bet is behind the main grandstands, but that fills up quickly and likely filled first. If not there you have two choices and both are across the road of the track.

Since you have never been there before I would suggest getting there early as well just to walk around and see the big place ... it is massive and camper USA for that weekend in Darke county.

Turn 1 is where all the drivers and track have their shirts/food ... turn 4 is where they have other shirts, displays, food ... they usually have a auction of racing items in the big barn in turn 4 early afternoon on Saturday. If interested in bar stuff go to turn 4 bar is usually not as busy as the main grandstands. Steak on a stick in turn 4 is very good as well and old enough or somebody can get you one I suggest the "toilet water" ... pretty good drink and Eldora official drink ... of course a lot of this depends on where your sitting at, etc... if you have general admission tickets I would suggest getting there VERY EARLY and staking your spot as soon as you get there because a lot of the seating is reserved especially on the concrete and most of the main grandstands, think all the other stands is limited general admission, but not sure. We sit in turn 4 on the concrete -- love those seats.

I will likely update this on Friday night/Saturday morning on how much if any rain happens down there if you need it.
    Image result for eldora speedway overhead photos

Comment

I was figuring on being there decently early hopefully. I got my dad and I reserved seats for Christmas in the aisle because I knew how rough it'd be with GA. I am 21 now so I might have to try that toilet water... Heard they've got good food there so will have to try some. And yeah only the Saturday show this year. Don't got the cash to hit all 3 nights. Looking forward to getting there for first time. It'll also be my first WoO show. Up until last year I'd never been to another track than Attica. Now I've been to 7 tracks. This'll be the 8th.

Comment

Working...
      X