No announcement yet.

Mansfield Sunday 7-16

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan on heading that way this weekend from Michigan with couple buddies. Have had on radar since new date announced as unable to hit the early Spring one. Yes I plan on working Monday after drive back to Michigan but will just have to man up for the day. Actually Sunday will be first trip to Mansfield and will be the 4th night of 4 day race trip through Michigan-Ohio. (and no Eldora this time) Can't pass up a new track for my list and get 3 top divisions paying $5000. I'm supporting that.

Comment

Originally posted by beaner View Post
      Plan on heading that way this weekend from Michigan with couple buddies. Have had on radar since new date announced as unable to hit the early Spring one. Yes I plan on working Monday after drive back to Michigan but will just have to man up for the day. Actually Sunday will be first trip to Mansfield and will be the 4th night of 4 day race trip through Michigan-Ohio. (and no Eldora this time) Can't pass up a new track for my list and get 3 top divisions paying $5000. I'm supporting that.
      Thanks for coming down! It'll be a good show, I made the 1st event there and it was an awesome show even after the wait. Track surface is much better now than what I saw prior. Should get some damn good cars and drivers there.

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
        Should get some damn good cars and drivers there.
        Who knows because nobody is talking about it ... and most drivers that are going to the Kings Royal haven't mentioned about going to Mansfield the following day on twitter or on their web site schedules.

Really think the track should have been going around the state the past couple of weeks and pushing this race date and the track being re-opened. Maybe they have been doing this or not, but think they should have been going around the pits at Attica and talking with drivers, teams, and fans about the race date especially the teams that are coming from a distance and heading towards Lernerville on Tuesday. Think a lot of teams, drivers, and fans don't know about this date to be honest. Be interesting to see if it is mentioned at all at Eldora.

Will USAC guys come back over? They have had a long week of their IN speedweek and some of them got burned on coming on over the day they said they was going to run because no more rain that day .. and then wasn't prepared to run in/work the track and had other issues with equipment.

As for Late models ... who knows to be honest could see a large count or a very small car count with this division.

Comment

Originally posted by ErocWolverine View Post

Who knows because nobody is talking about it ... and most drivers that are going to the Kings Royal haven't mentioned about going to Mansfield the following day on twitter or on their web site schedules.

Really think the track should have been going around the state the past couple of weeks and pushing this race date and the track being re-opened. Maybe they have been doing this or not, but think they should have been going around the pits at Attica and talking with drivers, teams, and fans about the race date especially the teams that are coming from a distance and heading towards Lernerville on Tuesday. Think a lot of teams, drivers, and fans don't know about this date to be honest. Be interesting to see if it is mentioned at all at Eldora.

Will USAC guys come back over? They have had a long week of their IN speedweek and some of them got burned on coming on over the day they said they was going to run because no more rain that day .. and then wasn't prepared to run in/work the track and had other issues with equipment.

As for Late models ... who knows to be honest could see a large count or a very small car count with this division.
          The promoter there might be hanging his hat on free advertising via " SOCIAL MEDIA ", which is the new normal in today's world. As with most things, what goes around comes around, so someday there will be a resurgence of traditional forms of advertising. I had forgotten about this race too until another poster mentioned it. Anyone who relies 100 % on SOCIAL MEDIA is committing suicide. Just my not so humble opinion. 😀👍🏻

Comment

They don't advertise that heavily on social media. Facebook maybe but not twitter at all. Anyways, social media helps. Just look at the conversation between Derrick Schuren (sp?), Attica, and I on twitter last night. It goes a long way with fans. I do believe that there is a billboard or two in the Mansfield area, and they've promoted it in the newspaper (online and physical) as well in the area.

EDIT: I'd like to add, if I ever promoted there's no way I would pay for radio ads because a lot of people don't even listen to the radio anymore. I would do a couple billboards and then social media blitz. Not enough to be annoying, just interact with fans etc. Like attica does.

Comment

I don't know of many radio stations that have closed up shop. In fact, now we have Apps like I Heart and Tunein, which allows one to listen to radio stations anywhere in the country. Talk radio is huge , and then there are all of the stick and ball sports broadcasts, and even racing ( NASCAR, INDYCAR ) . The weaker newspapers have been struggling, with many closing, but there will always be some form of print media, and radio isn't going away in this century. I listen to something on radio every day of the week, in addition to social media. I might start buying into the theory that radio is dead when the auto manufacturers stop including radios as standard equipment and when all of the aforementioned are discontinued. I own 4 forms of computing devices but also several radios. Ads are not all that expensive anymore in print media and radio, so I still think there is merit to this. In my racing travels, I've run into more people the past 2 weeks who forgot about the upcoming race than those who remembered it. While I'm at it here, on the track's website, they don't even mention what classes are racing during the 2 day August show, which I find rather strange. I " tweeted " them and e mailed them about this, but no response or action taken. There's an old saying in business : " Survival is not mandatory ". 😀👍🏻

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post

The promoter there might be hanging his hat on free advertising via " SOCIAL MEDIA ", which is the new normal in today's world. As with most things, what goes around comes around, so someday there will be a resurgence of traditional forms of advertising. I had forgotten about this race too until another poster mentioned it. Anyone who relies 100 % on SOCIAL MEDIA is committing suicide. Just my not so humble opinion. 😀👍🏻
                The problem is ... I haven't even seen much of it on social media and if it wasn't for this site I wouldn't have remembered or been reminded about it a week ago or whenever it was talked about (again not that big of deal because I'm not going -- been to The Doty and 3 races at Eldora and just got home so need to recoup and get more money as well since I didn't win the 50/50 at Eldora for 32,300 plus or whatever it was) ... only seen it the past couple of days. I am only on twitter so don't follow facebook, but it seemed like not many of the teams, drivers, owners about the Mansfield race on Saturday and most didn't even know it was going on or what they was paying.

Like I said earlier ... if I was working for or running Mansfield I would have been pushing Mansfield staff to be at "The Doty" spreading the word about a $5,000 to win winged sprint car race and the track being opened back up by either going through the pits or asking to be on with Liskai when they have a little break in the action like we have seen in the past with certain tracks, I would have been at Oakshade for the Hell tour finale to tell the late models about the $5,000 to win race, and went over to a couple of the USAC speedweek shows to tell the drivers/owners about a non-wing $5,000 to win race on Sunday. Now I know that USAC I believe has a make-up race on Sunday now from the IN Speedweek, but at the time they didn't and who knows maybe some that aren't running points or to far out of it would come over for the show?

I think I have seen drivers Landon Simon, Travis Philo, Jared Miley, and Trey Jacobs state they would be there, but not sure about anybody else.

Comment

Following on twitter here's the Winged cars I've seen so far:
                  Ian Madsen, Rico Abreu, Dale Blaney, Danny Mumaw, Jess Stiger, Brian Lay, Troy Kingan, Dylan Kingan, Tyler Dunn, Andrew Paulker, Trevor Baker, Kris Davis, Ryan Nuckles, Travis Philo, Jordan Ryan, Either Caleb Helms or Danny Holtgraver in the 17xx (assuming Helms since he won the first race?), Spencer Bayston.

Should be a great show with those names there, if you're close by I'd recommend going!

Comment

25 late model 19 410 15 non wing.

Comment

Carson Macedo in 17?

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                        Following on twitter here's the Winged cars I've seen so far:
                        Ian Madsen, Rico Abreu, Dale Blaney, Danny Mumaw, Jess Stiger, Brian Lay, Troy Kingan, Dylan Kingan, Tyler Dunn, Andrew Paulker, Trevor Baker, Kris Davis, Ryan Nuckles, Travis Philo, Jordan Ryan, Either Caleb Helms or Danny Holtgraver in the 17xx (assuming Helms since he won the first race?), Spencer Bayston.

Should be a great show with those names there, if you're close by I'd recommend going!
                        Until the locals (Attica Fremont, and WCS) start supporting this track it will continue to struggle with car count numbers. Think the track and staff could have been pushing this race a lot more which could have included going to these other races (Doty, Eldora, Oakshade, IN speedweek) and pushing the show and letting people know about it.

I talked to a lot of sprint car teams (Drivers, owners, team members, and including wives/gf's in t-shirt trailer and most of them didn't even know this race was going on. This just proves you got to be a lot more active than just a post every once in awhile on twitter or other social media outlets. Ian Madsen didn't even know about this race until Saturday. I asked one of the crew guys about if they was going to Mansfield? The guy gave me a weird look and said didn't even know they was having a $5,000 to win race on Sunday. Ian is sticking around for the WoO show at Lernerville before heading back home.

When you have social media hounds like Attica (not a dig at them because I believe they are one of the best in the business on social media) and how much they was pushing the Doty race for the last month and really the past 2 weeks was very strong coverage before and even after the race by acknowledging posters with responses. Then you had the biggest event in Ohio for sprint car racing with the 3-day King's Royal show.

Hope the crowd came out to support this event ... me ... to tired and to much work to get done today with going to the Doty race and the 3-day show at Eldora.

Comment

The track is 100% better than opening night

Comment

Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
                            The track is 100% better than opening night
                            How's the crowd? Looks like some good racing from what I can tell on race-monitor. Lots of passing. Good luck to catfish in the feature!

Also I really don't think the car count is that terrible for the first year. Pretty good Late model count after late arrivals made for 27 (Way more than Attica or WCS get weekly on most nights). Non wings just aren't that big in Ohio so without a sanction I'll take the number they got. Most of the Non wingers aren't on east side of Ohio either. Then 410s is pretty much a full field. No different than most races at Fremont and WCS in midseason.

Comment

If you want to succeed ( car count, paying fans ) you have to " work " these events relentlessly, especially a Sunday night event. And even more so for a track which has sat largely idle for several years except for a few obscure events. I'm am old guy but I think progressively , and I still believe social media is only one of MANY elements in promoting sporting events. Out of sight- out of mind - out of business.

Comment

Any reports from those who are there regarding estimated crowd ? 1,000 ? 1500 ? More ? Less ?

Comment

Working...
                                X