No announcement yet.

Mansfield Sunday 7-16

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click the link below to watch the 410 feature from Jordan Swindell's phone. Absolutely amazing feature you'll thank me later. If this don't make you wanna watch a race here nothing will. I shared the race on my profile on facebook and made it public so ya'll can see it. CLICK THE LINK THAT SAYS REDIRECTING, the other just takes you to facebook. Can't figure out how to do it right.

Also would like to add, hotlaps/quali at 5 for 3 divisions and final checkered waved about 9:15. Seems like they can run the shows efficiently on their own now too

Comment

In reference to a poster about cars from other tracks supporting this race.
      Half of the car count in the 410 sprints and super late models were cars that I see as regulars at Wayne County Speedway.
      Not sure where the non wings come from since WCS does not run them.
      Not sure how many cars were Attica or Fremont cars.
      The races were excellent with very few cautions. Several people around me said they did not know Mansfield was running until they saw someone at the gas station or someone they knew. Grandstands were very low on fans.
      They desparately need to advertise in the surrounding counties on radio or paper.
      Also the website needs to be up dated and much better laid out.
      They also need to post story and results on their web site and facebook. That helps bring people in when they know who was there.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
        In reference to a poster about cars from other tracks supporting this race.
        Half of the car count in the 410 sprints and super late models were cars that I see as regulars at Wayne County Speedway.
        Not sure where the non wings come from since WCS does not run them.
        Not sure how many cars were Attica or Fremont cars.
        The races were excellent with very few cautions. Several people around me said they did not know Mansfield was running until they saw someone at the gas station or someone they knew. Grandstands were very low on fans.
        They desparately need to advertise in the surrounding counties on radio or paper.
        Also the website needs to be up dated and much better laid out.
        They also need to post story and results on their web site and facebook. That helps bring people in when they know who was there.
        Grandstands looked decent from the pictures I saw. about 1/2 to 3/4 full if my eyes aren't deceiving me. It seems there about 5 WCS, 5 Attica (a lot of crossover between Attica/WCS cars) and 3 or 4 southern locals and other invaders. Maybe need to get some good sized billboards around town, Crawford county has nothing to do put one up going from Ontario to Crestline. Same between Bucyrus and Galion.

All in all though, it seems like from social media people were very excited about the racing afterwards and it sent good vibes out throughout the twitterverse, sometimes the best advertising is just plain and simple good racing and good word about the track. Word of mouth travels a long way. Not saying it's all that should be done but it helps!

Comment

keep in mind that Mansfield seats a lot more then most tracks, half full at Mansfield is a descent turn out.

Comment

Stands make crowds look a lot smaller for sure. Think about a weekly show at Knoxville, there'd be 2000 people there and the stands look abandoned almost.

Comment

FYI, radio advertising must work as I've heard Eldora on radio as well as billboard on 75/475 in Toledo. I also heard old promoter last year on radio ads. I'm very much wait and see approach but, thinking things thru maybe biting bullet and provide good surface/cars/and timely show like last night appears from race monitor is what the workers need to prove to themselves they can do job and after time to promote more. Keep in mind bad news travels WAY faster then good! Just thought

Comment

Wayne County Cars
                Sprints
                57 Palker
                33 Dunn
                7 kingan T
                7 kingan D
                27 Zemunik
                9 Ryan
                16 Mumaw
                4 Davis

Late Models
                240 Drown
                240x Duncan
                59 Myers
                59 Bellman
                5m Markham
                36 Irey
                19 Scott
                25 Eddleblute
                14 Gentry
                8 Bee
                These are the regular runners.
                Not sure how many run Attica of this group.
                That is a good showing from WCS cars.

Comment

Yes you are right about stand size. It just looked so bare but put those people at another track and the stands probably would be quite full.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                    Wayne County Cars
                    Sprints
                    57 Palker
                    33 Dunn
                    7 kingan T
                    7 kingan D
                    27 Zemunik
                    9 Ryan
                    16 Mumaw
                    4 Davis

Late Models
                    240 Drown
                    240x Duncan
                    59 Myers
                    59 Bellman
                    5m Markham
                    36 Irey
                    19 Scott
                    25 Eddleblute
                    14 Gentry
                    8 Bee
                    These are the regular runners.
                    Not sure how many run Attica of this group.
                    That is a good showing from WCS cars.
                    Palker and Catfish usually run attica, and Stiger 8J, Brian Lay 45L, Trevor Baker 45 also did that were there. Drown and Duncan, Bellman, Markham, Scott also usually run attica on LM side. I wish Rocky Owens had an engine so he could race still. He was one of the better ones when I first started watching. Still has the car just no motor.

Comment

They didn't advertise at all at Eldora. Shoulda had someone walking through campgrounds with fliers

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                        Stands make crowds look a lot smaller for sure. Think about a weekly show at Knoxville, there'd be 2000 people there and the stands look abandoned almost.
                        When guessing at crowd size, one has to actually be there and also standing DIRECTLY ACROSS from the stands, not in them looking laterally ( left or right ). A prominent promoter told me this years go and I have found it to be true. Unless one is facing the stands head on and also knows the exact seating capacity, anything else is a s.w.a.g. ( silly wild ass guess ). Not chewing you out here, just making an observation / opinion. I'm glad to see newer posters / younger fans making posts. 👍🏻

Comment

Working...
                        X