Kings Royal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kings Royal

That was a great race. Ryan Smith 24th to 5th, C Bell from 20th to 2nd charging through the field. Cole Duncan and Lee Jacobs running 4th and 6th as Locals was just outstanding. Schatz proved why he's the best active sprint car driver right now. Made that race look very easy after moving into lead. I believe that 13 cars finished on the lead lap. Chad Kemenah ran 7th which is a very good finish for that team as well, and Sheldon Haud held on to tenth in his first ever kings royal a main start. I had an absolute blast last night. That event will always stand out in my mind, not just for the racing but the outstanding preparation and atmosphere created by that race. Got to witness the first ever back to back winner of the Kings Royal and be part of the largest crowd in Kings Royal history all at my first Outlaw race. That's pretty damn awesome experience to get to share with my father.

Can't believe more cars don't travel in for this race but with some underdogs doing well this year, i think it will convince others to show up now. $3,000 to start should bring in more than 55 cars

Comment

I love world 100 and dream, but how many honestly really have chance, then figure in the money spent to race, what did you make? Racing budgets only so much. Teams have to decide financially if worth while.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
        I love world 100 and dream, but how many honestly really have chance, then figure in the money spent to race, what did you make? Racing budgets only so much. Teams have to decide financially if worth while.
        Well.........it is the 2nd highest paying sprint car race in the world

Comment

i rest my case.......only one winner, realistic shot of winning??????
          Last edited by Jim11h; 1 week ago. Reason: spelling

Comment

I do think a couple things factor into why the Kings Royal will never draw as many cars as something like the Knoxville Nats. 1. They don't run weekly sprints and are a decent drive from NW Ohio and Chillocothe where there are a few local sprints. 2. PA Speedweek was the week before so I think some of the PA teams needed a break and wasn't ready for a long trip after all that driving and racing. 3. Ohio Isn't a very central location, It's the easternmost section of the Midwest and About a 5 hour drive for Knoxville based teams. 4. MOWA and IRA still had races this weekend in IL/WI, PA Still had points races, etc. If you're running for points you don't really have a choice. I could see guys like Bill Balog and Scotty Thiel going from there, and Carson Macedo may have been at Eldora had they not had the option of the MOWA races as well.

Lastly though, lets not act like 53 cars is a small number, that's a great turnout for any event. And, just about every driver there has had a win at some point in their career and the amount of talent spread between the teams and drivers there was immense. It wasn't just a quantity car count, it was quality all the way through as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
              i rest my case.......only one winner, realistic shot of winning??????
              The 2nd highest purse in the world! $3,000 to start, $5,000 for 10th. Look at some of the teams in the top 10 like Lee Jacobs, Cole Duncan, and Ryan Smith. The B main paid better than most local tracks

Feature (40 Laps) - 1. 15-Donny Schatz [6][$50,000]; 2. 14-Christopher Bell [20][$20,000]; 3. 49-Brad Sweet [2][$15,000]; 4. 12N-Cole Duncan [1][$12,500]; 5. O7-Ryan Smith [24][$10,000]; 6. 81-Lee Jacobs [7][$7,500]; 7. 10H-Chad Kemenah [8][$6,500]; 8. 9-Daryn Pittman [14][$6,000]; 9. 11K-Kraig Kinser [17][$5,500]; 10. 93-Sheldon Haudenschild [4][$5,000]; 11. 24-Rico Abreu [13][$4,750]; 12. 1S-Logan Schuchart [10][$4,500]; 13. 2M-Kerry Madsen [9][$4,000]; 14. 18-Ian Madsen [23][$3,750]; 15. 2-Shane Stewart [22][$3,500]; 16. 71-Joey Saldana [15][$3,450]; 17. 5-David Gravel [21][$3,400]; 18. 21-Brian Brown [11][$3,350]; 19. 39-Sammy Swindell [18][$3,300]; 20. 7S-Jason Sides [19][$3,250]; 21. 3H-James McFadden [12][$3,200]; 22. 17-Jac Haudenschild [3][$3,150]; 23. 19-Brent Marks [16][$3,100]; 24. 49X-Tim Shaffer [5][$3,000]. Lap Leaders: Cole Duncan 1-13, Donny Schatz 14-40; KSE Hard Charger Award: 07-Ryan Smith[+19]

ast Chance Showdown (12 Laps) - Top 4 Transfer - 1. 5-David Gravel [6][]; 2. 2-Shane Stewart [2][]; 3. 18-Ian Madsen [4][]; 4. O7-Ryan Smith [1][]; 5. W20-Greg Wilson [3][$2,000]; 6. 5T-Travis Philo [15][$1,750]; 7. 41S-Dominic Scelzi [7][$1,500]; 8. 55XM-Dale Blaney [5][$1,250]; 9. 41-Jason Johnson [10][$1,000]; 10. 1ST-Gary Taylor [9][$750]; 11. 4-Paul McMahan [16][$650]; 12. 71M-Paul May [14][$600]; 13. 11N-Craig Mintz [21][$600]; 14. 33M-Max Stambaugh [20][$600]; 15. 44-Trey Starks [13][$600]; 16. 16-Chris Andrews [18][$600]; 17. 49D-Shawn Dancer [12][$600]; 18. 17M-Max McGhee [23][$600]; 19. 22M-Dan McCarron [24][$600]; 20. 45-Trevor Baker [8][$600]; 21. 19P-Paige Polyak [17][$600]; 22. 13-Clyde Knipp [19][$600]; 23. A67-Brandon Wimmer [11][$600]; 24. 7J-Joe Swanson [22][$600]

C-Feature (10 Laps) - Top 6 Transfer - 1. 13-Clyde Knipp [1][]; 2. 33M-Max Stambaugh [3][]; 3. 11N-Craig Mintz [4][]; 4. 7J-Joe Swanson [7][]; 5. 17M-Max McGhee [9][]; 6. 22M-Dan McCarron [10][]; 7. 45T-Bob Tucker [14][$500]; 8. 83C-Adam Cruea [8][$450]; 9. 17X-Josh Baughman [2][$400]; 10. 1A-Jacob Allen [5][$375]; 11. 7K-Cale Conley [6][$350]; 12. 17XX-Danny Holtgraver [11][$350]; 13. 99-Brady Bacon [12][$350]; 14. 21AU-Jordyn Brazier [13][$350]; 15. 2X-Parker Price-Miller [15][$350]

Comment

Just my observation : The size of the field was good. One normally doesn't get to see 6 Heat Races in one night. The purse is indeed good too, but keep in mind only 24 cars get to collect this enhanced pay . The B Main pays more , but with travel costs and increased pit passes, the additional amount is a wash . The high speed track is tough on equipment ( especially motors ) and most weekly racers are on a budget and normally don't make the show. This race is really better suited to the higher end teams, and so the overall car count for the 3 nights was decent. These days, teams have to make decisions on where to race based on profit and loss more than what is fun. I've passed on attending the Kings Royal in recent years, but attendance has been stout and with a reasonably good car count, so the event has not lost any luster. 34 years of the Kings and it still lives on as a prestigious event, as it should.

Comment

Your right, half the field got paid well but look at your 4 C-main transfer cars. They ran the equivalent of a A main. Factor in costs for their $600. Just saying that's why lot more don't flock to it like the nationals. Plus for whatever the prestige isn't there like the nationals or chili bowl.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jim11h;n21250]Your right, half the field got paid well but look at your 4 C-main transfer cars. They ran the equivalent of a A main. Factor in costs for their $600. Just saying that's why lot more don't flock to it like the nationals. Plus for whatever the prestige isn't there like the nationals or chili bowl. [/QUOTE

Yeah just thought maybe we would see a car count more around 75

Comment

A team isn't going there to run the D-main. Who gives a **** what that pays! The $600 was a bonus in my opinion. The normal pay at every event is $100 for the C and/or D mains. You people crack me up! The Kings Royal could pay $100k to win and you guys would still ***** bcuz you'd say they are just giving Schatz more money or something stupid like that. It was a great racing weekend! They had a lot of cars! The track was decent every night! Support your local racing and the big events if you want to. If not, get on here and ***** about it. That always makes you feel better I guess, but it also pisses off promoters and racers that are there to help the sport and give the fans a good show to watch. Is it always perfect, hell no! However, race fans should appreciate what we have in and around Ohio, because we have it pretty damn good in my opinion!

Comment

I'd like to point out I started this thread talking about how good the racing was and the history behind what happened last saturday.

Comment

[QUOTE=23J;n21273]A team isn't going there to run the D-main. Who gives a **** what that pays! The $600 was a bonus in my opinion. The normal pay at every event is $100 for the C and/or D mains. You people crack me up! The Kings Royal could pay $100k to win and you guys would still ***** bcuz you'd say they are just giving Schatz more money or something stupid like that. It was a great racing weekend! They had a lot of cars! The track was decent every night! Support your local racing and the big events if you want to. If not, get on here and ***** about it. That always makes you feel better I guess, but it also pisses off promoters and racers that are there to help the sport and give the fans a good show to watch. Is it always perfect, hell no! However, race fans should appreciate what we have in and around Ohio, because we have it pretty damn good in my opinion! [/QUOTE

It is called a discussion board.........ya know..........where you discuss things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay72c View Post
                            Can't believe more cars don't travel in for this race but with some underdogs doing well this year, i think it will convince others to show up now. $3,000 to start should bring in more than 55 cars
                            Think car count was actually very good to be honest and the quality of cars was outstanding. Anymore cars and it becomes a issue for a one day show (IMO).

As to why the nationals gets more cars? Who cares to be honest. Two complete different events and both have their good/bad points. One is a 4-day event why the other one is a one day show along with 2 WoO stand alone shows. Also many tracks and series shut down for that event while they don't for the Royal besides a couple of area tracks that know their fans will be at Eldora for the most part.

I know one thing Eldora had a packed house and a lot of people had a very good time and that is what matters and likely why so many people will likely be back next year for the Royal and try and break the record crowd for the Royal along with the record 50/50 drawing as well.

As for some of the teams on why they don't travel to Eldora ... they don't want to get embarrassed.

One last point ... wasn't a lot of carnage the entire 3 day weekend at Eldora and got to thank the track, the teams, drivers, etc... that helps make a great event as well when you don't see a lot of torn up race cars and seeing the car count going down over those 3 days like we have seen in the past.

I want to point something out as well with our earlier discussion this past spring at Eldora and some people taking a shot a me about tire wear and I had to go to that post and found it quite funny especially after seeing this tweet by Logan.

Logan Schuchart‏ @LSchuchart1s Jul 18
                            Why else I love Eldora it doesn't use tires. This will be the 4th show on this RR at Lernerville

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWs3ulYHu5G/

Comment

Working...
                            X