X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fremont post in IOW

Fremont Speedway (Offline)
    #17/19/17 12:30 PM

Just want to notify area promoters that Kercher Engines built cheated engines to race with our FAST Series. I am only posting this to notify promoters of the issue. Our tech found several MAJOR rule violations within one engine that resulted in the car being disqualified after winning a feature event. I figured they were proud enough to plaster the engine with decals so they should be as proud now.

I'd blame the car owner. Not the engine builder or driver.

Comment

I'm not involved so can't really know what happened. If the engine builder built the engine with the knowledge of the specs and was told by the owner of the car to do what you have to etc than I can get that. But who knows what specifically happened other than the engine wasn't legal. Also someone said the 2F had a 350 in it any validity to that? Saw it didn't have the correct block so I could see that being true.

Comment

I've never seen the 2F engine but I heard that too.

Comment

I didn't know they had engine rules or tech for them. you can obviously tell certain guys have motor advantages by watching the races. whether or not they are with in the rules I don't know but you see the same cars going to the front every week.

Comment

I've been saying for years that if I wanted to order an illegal engine, I'd buy one from a different part of the country, from an engine builder who doesn't do much, if any, business in the local area. By doing this, one has a much better chance of buying one that is outside the rules, since a local builder doesn't want to get a bad reputation or embarassment. Also, there won't be any loose lips if the motor comes from another part of country. I have no idea who ordered up this motor, just saying that buying it from an outsider is the way to go. My guess is that the driver probably didn't know much about it, assuming he didn't pay for part or all of it. The car owners should be held accountable.

Comment

I should have added, assuming the engine builder didn't intentionally or unintentionally make a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
                I didn't know they had engine rules or tech for them. you can obviously tell certain guys have motor advantages by watching the races. whether or not they are with in the rules I don't know but you see the same cars going to the front every week.
                very good observation...you see the same CARS going to the front every week, not the engines. setup knowledge and experience is the key to success. I'd almost bet you see those same cars making up their time thru the corners, but then again, I'm on pitgate...so who knows

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Curlis View Post

very good observation...you see the same CARS going to the front every week, not the engines. setup knowledge and experience is the key to success. I'd almost bet you see those same cars making up their time thru the corners, but then again, I'm on pitgate...so who knows
                  Agreed that chassis set up and driver skill are 2 of the primary reasons why some drivers do better than others. But, as illustrated last week, there are still some who use other means. Some out there think skill and set up are not quite enough to give that edge, so resort to other means. That is why periodic teching , even if infrequent, is better than no tech at all to keep the scofflaw crowd in check.

Comment

IMO a very classless post by Farmer on IOW. Just make Fremont and FAST look bad posting stuff like that. It will be interesting to see what the car count is for the 305 this weekend when all the cheaters stay away.

Comment

A few turns in your torsion bars or having the right tire pressure isn't what has some cars charging through the field everyweek. the key component is under the hood. Im just saying maybe there beefed up motors are legal but you can clearly tell who has the right engine under the hood or not.

Comment

The thing I don't understand by FAST/Farmer is why wait till you go to a "traveling schedule" to tech your cars?

Why not tech the cars at Fremont and Attica on a regular basis for this traveling series or when they run at his own track?

I know this won't ever happen, but why not tech every single car one night before going out on the track to finally see how many cars are actually illegal?

Comment

Paul Weaver and Kyle Capodice both passed tech at Attica tonight. Guess not all the fast cars cheat after all mudinmybeer I get why it's suspicious but I think Weaver is just that damn good in a 305.

Comment

Its not like Weaver just got good. He has won a ton of races in 305,360 and 410. The success he has with amount of resources he has is amazing.

Comment

This should all fall on the team not engine builder. Just because this engine was used at a FAST race doesn't mean that's what it was built for. Knoxville has a 305 class that I believe has a much looser rule book. Who's to say the builder put it together to Knoxville specs and the team bought an used engine from another area. I don't think bashing someone on a public forum is good business for any track.

Comment

Working...
                              X