Mansfield August

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mansfield August

Originally I saw it was a 3 day race weekend.
    Then it was changed to just Friday and Saturday for FAST/OSCS and BOSS.
    Has the third leg of the TripleCrown been rescheduled for another date?

Who knows. The PR sucks there. Can't get a answer on anything

Comment

It's still a lot better than most of the tracks in Ohio. At least they respond to messages every now and again! I asked Lawrenceburg a question the other week and they read it about 5 minutes after I asked and never bothered to respond. Kinda ticked me off a bit. Anyways, I'd imagine it's still on for that date I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

Comment

It was always a 2 day race show with an open practice in the 10th

Comment

They took it off the website too so i doubt it's going to happen,

Comment

They should of just let that triple crown idea go. weather and the track not being ready ruined it for 2017. running on odd sunday nights that nobody knows about is just shooting yourself in the foot. word got out the track is good now and racey. just focus on the remaining scheduled events that were there from the start of the season when people make there schedule. hell even I haven't added there make up races to my schedule still.

Comment

Only reason I would say they can't completely scrap triple crown deal is that Rusty Schlenk won both of the Late Model races so they really can't just leave him hanging honestly. IF I were them, I would try and plug that race in on Friday September 8th. No other 410 or non wing races that night and I don't think any Late Model races in general vicinity either. I still give Sommer props on actually paying for a second all star race just to make up the first one. Such a ballsy move to do that and I love it. Not many promoters would be willing to do that I don't think. Pretty uncommon situation though where just the feature gets rained out and the track doesn't have a secondary date to fall back on though.

Comment

not really a hard decision if you seen how many fans were there on may 28th for only a 5k to win show. those 5k,5k, and 5k triple crowns have to hurt with small car counts in some divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by RacinRandy83x View Post
                  It was always a 2 day race show with an open practice in the 10th
                  At the beginning your correct, but once the the rain-outs came they rescheduled the one for Sunday with the big two day show with the 15,000 to win. That is one thing about the internet once you put something out there no matter how much you delete things on your end you can still find things out.

Also wasn't the Friday night show $5,000 to win also? Now it is only $3,000 to win.

Here is Mansfield's facebook post about it.

https://www.facebook.com/MansfieldMo...PAGES_TIMELINE

------------------------------------------------
                  Mansfield Motor Speedway

April 6 ·

Round 3 of Triple Crown Spring Series has been cancelled, rescheduled for August 13th

Round 3 of the Triple Crown Spring Series at Mansfield Motor Speedway has been cancelled and rescheduled for Sunday, August 13th. Several factors have contributed to the decision with mother-nature being the ultimate winner this weekend.

“It is important for us to have a racing surface that is ideal for teams and fans, and with the way the weather has been the last couple of days, it’s just not going to happen. We spent a substantial amount of time working the track this week, and we are really excited to show the fans and teams what kind of action Mansfield is going to be able to produce on track, but this weekend unfortunately will not work for that. Several other race tracks have moved things around this weekend, and it just doesn’t make much sense to force teams or fans to have to decide what they want to do or where they want to go. It has always been our intent to act respectfully, and to do what is best for both teams and fans. Rescheduling these couple of races that have been hindered by weather, putting them back on the calendar is what is best.”

Said Cody Sommer, President of Mansfield Motor Speedway.

Round 2 of the Triple Crown Spring Series was cancelled last weekend, and the rescheduled date is now set for Sunday July 16th, which will continue to feature $5,000 to Win 410 Sprint Cars, $5,000 to Win Super Late Models and $5,000 to Win Non Wing Sprint Cars.

Round 3 of the Triple Crown is set for Sunday August 13th, which will tee up a massive 3 day weekend of racing at Mansfield Motor Speedway, following the August 11th and 12th Great Lakes Dirt Nationals currently on the card.

The next event scheduled at Mansfield Motor Speedway is Monster Truck Mania, the May 6th event, which will feature Monster Truck stars such as Avenger and Big Foot, as well as Megasaurus, the car eating dinosaur. Tickets go on sale Monday April 10th at 5p.m. EST.

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                    Only reason I would say they can't completely scrap triple crown deal is that Rusty Schlenk won both of the Late Model races so they really can't just leave him hanging honestly. IF I were them, I would try and plug that race in on Friday September 8th. No other 410 or non wing races that night and I don't think any Late Model races in general vicinity either. I still give Sommer props on actually paying for a second all star race just to make up the first one. Such a ballsy move to do that and I love it. Not many promoters would be willing to do that I don't think. Pretty uncommon situation though where just the feature gets rained out and the track doesn't have a secondary date to fall back on though.
                    just scrap it. that extra money was based on car counts also and not enough lates showed up to the first triple crown event. that's why the bonus money talk went away. Its over. The sanctioned races seem to be doing a lot better then the triple crown anyway. just roll with it imo.

Comment

Not to mention not many 410s are going to show up on a sunday when a lot of invaders are going to Knoxville to race and or watch. the fast series guys haven't came to mansfields other shows so whos going to come on sunday? most other local teams work on Mondays and Mansfield is a bigger track and u need strong motors/good equipment to compete there. most southern sprints don't have the hp to cpmpete on big tracks either. not to mention Sharon and ohio valley are running 410s Saturday against the great lakes nationals.

Comment

I'm totally confused now, so fellow posters please set me straight. Are we really racing in August ? 2 nights plus a practice night , or 3 nights of actual racing ? What is the first place purse ? I'm pretty good with tablets / computers, but their website has too many sub sections to chose from and is somewhat confusing. Has a prior rainout been added to the August events ? The only thing I'm certain about ( opinion ) is that the pit pass prices are absurd. I know the purse is large on the second night, but this is yet another example of competitors ( owners-drivers-sponsors ) helping to pay their own purse. $ 35 and $ 40 is too high. I guess I'll attend only one night. Also, you can't hot lap and time trial 3 classes in 60 minutes. Even with a slim field recently they started 45 minutes late. I also e mailed the track nearly a month ago and no response. I have seen posts periodically wherein promoters complain about being criticized in social media and ask that people contact them instead, but then when people do attempt to make contact, no one responds. This suitcase promoting won't cut it in the long haul. Nice facility and all but inexperienced promotional team and when they don't respond, not a good sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post
                          I'm totally confused now, so fellow posters please set me straight. Are we really racing in August ? 2 nights plus a practice night , or 3 nights of actual racing ? What is the first place purse ? I'm pretty good with tablets / computers, but their website has too many sub sections to chose from and is somewhat confusing. Has a prior rainout been added to the August events ? The only thing I'm certain about ( opinion ) is that the pit pass prices are absurd. I know the purse is large on the second night, but this is yet another example of competitors ( owners-drivers-sponsors ) helping to pay their own purse. $ 35 and $ 40 is too high. I guess I'll attend only one night. Also, you can't hot lap and time trial 3 classes in 60 minutes. Even with a slim field recently they started 45 minutes late. I also e mailed the track nearly a month ago and no response. I have seen posts periodically wherein promoters complain about being criticized in social media and ask that people contact them instead, but then when people do attempt to make contact, no one responds. This suitcase promoting won't cut it in the long haul. Nice facility and all but inexperienced promotional team and when they don't respond, not a good sign.
                          August 10th - Open Practice
                          August 11th - FAST/OSCS 410 $3K to win, BOSS $2K to win, FAST 305 $2K to win + BOSS Makeup feature from the rained out feature with the ASCoC show.
                          August 12th - FAST/OSCS 410 $15K to win, BOSS $5K to win, FAST 305 $3K to win
                          August 13th - Maybe the last Triple Crown Race? Maybe not? Haven't found or gotten much info when asking. I'm assuming no races.

Prices
                          TICKETS ON SALE NOW! SAVE $5 ORDERING ONLINE IN ADVANCE BEFORE DAY OF RACE! PRINT AT HOME, WALK RIGHT IN!

GENERAL ADMISSION – $25 $30 SAVE $5 Online in Advance, Before day of race! – Children Under 10 – FREE

RESERVED SEATING – $35 $40 SAVE $5 Online in Advance, Before day of race!

PIT PASS PRICES:

AUGUST 10th – PRACTICE DAY – $20

AUGUST 11th – ADULT $35 – CHILDREN UNDER 10 – $15

AUGUST 12th – ADULT $40 – CHILDREN UNDER 10 – $20

2 DAY PIT PASS – SAVE $5

3 DAY PIT PASS – SAVE $10

EDIT: Also, I forgot about the car count stipulation for the triple crown bonus money. My bad and thanks for reminding me!

Comment

Have seen no further updates. It looks like the Thursday practice is gone.
                            Just the 2 day event on Friday and Saturday.
                            No update on the 3rd leg of Triple Crown. Looks like that may be gone.
                            Mansfield really needs to work on their website. They have one of the poorest websites I have seen.
                            The PR really needs improved. Hard to make plans when they dont put out updated releases.
                            Would also like to see the late models with the sprints.

Comment

Finally got an answer guys! MMS posted a link to this news update on facebook! August 10th STILL has practice, August 13th Triple crown series race has been cancelled due partially to low car and fan counts on the Sunday races. Full article is below for your convenience.

GREAT LAKES DIRT NATIONALS WEEKEND COMING AUGUST 11th and 12th
                              MMS elects to forgo RD 3 of Triple Crown to focus on biggest event of the year
                              MANSFIELD,OH. — In January, Mansfield Motor Speedway announced that dirt racing would return to the famed 4/10 mile oval in Mansfield Ohio and the #BackToDirt movement began earlier this March. The journey of the 2017 season has presented many challenges to the team at MMS with many of the events either raining out or being hampered by inclement weather.
                              In just a short time, dirt racing at the venue has shown to be promising and the idea of the speedway in Mansfield being a “Motorsports Destination” remains very much realistic and appears to be a consistently growing thought.
                              Since the first event, the speedway has shown to provide not only an incredible world class venue but as of their latest events in July, it also now shows the ability to provide possibly some of the best racing of the 2017 year. In an epic battle for the win between Carson Macedo, Spencer Bayston and Rico Abreu the 4/10 mile shined as what people are calling one of the best races they have seen in years took place as Abreu took home Rd 2 of the Triple Crown Spring Series on a Turn 3 slide job overtaking Bayston for the Win.
                              As Mansfield Motor Speedway prepares for their biggest event of the year, the Great Lakes Dirt Nationals, the speedway is adjusting the schedule to continue to keep their eye on the big picture for the venue. The 3rd leg of the Triple Crown which was rained out early in the year, rescheduled to August 13th to follow the GLDN weekend is now being removed from the schedule and for good reason says President Cody Sommer.
                              “Our focus is on our biggest event of the year (Great Lakes Dirt Nationals August 11th/12th), where we have over $100,000 in prize money and expect the largest car counts and crowds we have had all season. We have proven to fans and teams that we can/will provide a great track and we know that the effort will continue to pay off. Coming off one of the raciest tracks we have put together and with a lot of positive energy…the last thing we want to do is take steps backwards in our movement and vision for MMS” Said Sommer. Sommer cited low car counts and less than desirable crowd sizes for Sunday races as primary reasons for removing the August 13th race from the schedule.
                              “With this being new, we were not sure how Sunday races would turn out and after trying several at this point…we at least have some information to work from and it appears obvious to us that not only the majority of teams don’t want to come out on Sundays after long weekends of racing, but neither do the majority of the race fans. Lower car counts and crowds is obviously not what we are about. We don’t want to have races with 18-20 cars in a field and our Sunday events (Triple Crowns) have produced those kinds of results…therefore we are going to focus on what means most for the teams and the fans, for example this August 11th and 12th Great Lakes Dirt Nationals” Said Sommer.
                              The Great Lakes Dirt Nationals features several sanctioned groups of racers and on a weekend where the majority of racers and fans generally didn’t find themselves at a racetrack because of another event in Iowa, thus creating the possibility for a massive weekend of racing in Ohio. F.A.S.T. and Ohio Sprint Car Series co-sanction the weekends 410 Winged Sprint Cars, Buckeye Outlaw Sprint Series sanction the Non Wings and F.A.S.T. 305 sprints sanction the 305 Sprint Car portions of the weekend. The notion was to create a major event that catered to the Great Lakes region and rather than staying at home, instead find themselves with the ability to race and be at the track that weekend.
                              “The fact is, not a lot of the fans and teams want to take on the 20+ hours of driving and 1,200+ miles it takes to go out to Iowa and back. The greater majority have long desired to have a big race that weekend in the Great Lakes region, so we found that to be a nice opportunity for us to showcase our venue and race track. We are pleased that fans and teams are excited and we are expecting a great turn out for what is our biggest event of the year” Said Sommer.
                              The Great Lakes Dirt Nationals weekend kicks off on August 10th where teams will be allowed to park and practice takes place on the speedway. Racing starts on Friday August 11th where BOSS Sprint Cars will run a make-up main event before the reminder of the evening having 410 Sprint Cars / BOSS Sprint Cars and 305 Sprint Cars for 4 total Main events all on the Friday portion of the weekend. The racing will heat up on Saturday August 12th, when 305 Sprints race for $3,000 to win, BOSS Non Wing Sprints race for $5,000 to win and FAST/OSCS 410 Winged Sprint Cars race for $15,000 to win in the 2nd largest paying event in the state of Ohio.
                              Additional Information regarding the event and Mansfield Motor Speedway can be found online at www.MansfieldMotorSpeedway.com. Mansfield Motor Speedway suggests fans to connect with them directly on social media to stay up to date on special news and announcements at www.Facebook.com/MansfieldMotorSpeedway and Twitter @RaceMansfield. MMS has an information phone line at 419-465-RACE (7223). Any inquiries can also be sent via email to: info@MansfieldMotorSpeedway.com

Comment

Working...
                              X