Mansfield August

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jason Curlis View Post

Anyone else think Eroc should apply for the PR job that he is rambling about? He seems to have it all figured out anyhow, somebody might as well pay him for his posts! I know pitgate isn't
    That is a great idea Curlis. I was also thinking that Millstream should inquire about his services. He has that place all figured out too. We could pool our money on here and hire him to run it.. How could we lose?

Comment

Here is what I know I went to the Lucas oil late model race place was packed and it was good racing on a good track. Went to the race Sunday after Royal place had a good crowd and great racing on a good track. Some guy brings Mansfield back from the hell of it ever being paved and all some idiots want to do is bad mouth it. Mansfield has more fan base around it then either Fremont or Attica has give him a little time and this track will be kicking a lot of other tracks asses. As far as the GREAT EROC HE NEEDS TO SHUT THE HELL UP.

Comment

I have supported every race they had even the street stock one.
        I have been impressed with what they have done.
        The issue is that it is hard to find info or updated info. If they race Sunday I was taking a half day off of work but need to know in advance.
        The Sunday after Kings Royal was bad enough In attendance and car count that Mansfield cancelled 3 rd leg of Triple Crown.
        At another track and at work most that I talked to did not even know MMS raced.
        That is why they need to be aware of what might help.
        I think there have been good suggestions here
        that would help MMS.
        I am not the only one who mentioned people not knowing about race.
        Mansfield has become one of my top 5 Ohio tracks to go to.
        Basically what I see is more
        Advertising
        Updated and improved Social Media
        PR work at another track or local festival.
        Flyers around community would be great.
        I would say most want to help improve not tear down.
        Also the Mansfield threads keep this message board alive currently.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaniac1 View Post

That is a great idea Curlis. I was also thinking that Millstream should inquire about his services. He has that place all figured out too. We could pool our money on here and hire him to run it.. How could we lose?
          Maybe Millstream should have ... they are currently closed.

Originally posted by DERF View Post
          Here is what I know I went to the Lucas oil late model race place was packed and it was good racing on a good track. Went to the race Sunday after Royal place had a good crowd and great racing on a good track. Some guy brings Mansfield back from the hell of it ever being paved and all some idiots want to do is bad mouth it. Mansfield has more fan base around it then either Fremont or Attica has give him a little time and this track will be kicking a lot of other tracks asses. As far as the GREAT EROC HE NEEDS TO SHUT THE HELL UP.
          Well what you know doesn't mean nothing especially when the promoter said the crowd wasn't good.

Sommer cited low car counts and less than desirable crowd sizes for Sunday races as primary reasons for removing the August 13th race from the schedule.

So who is wrong you or the promoter? Tell you one thing maybe if he took some advise just from this board it might have helped him out.

I haven't bad mouthed Mansfield at all ... actually think it could be one of the best tracks around and stated that early on when others was bad mouthing me for those comments before it even opened up. They need to improve on many things (like every track out there) and one of them happens to be more socially active on the web site, social media sites, etc...

As far as me ... I will continue to voice my opinion since this is a message board where you discuss things ... don't like it ... don't read it.

Last point, makes it seem like he doesn't want to run Sunday night with his comments above so when is he going to run next year? If he tries Friday night he is going to struggle to get cars against Attica and if he goes on Saturday night going to be tough going against Fremont, Wayne County, and Atomic for sprint cars. (IMO) he is in a tough spot because he has to rely on those Attica/Fremont/FAST/Wayne County cars to help put on a show. So my question is where is he going to get cars if he tries to run on a Friday/Saturday night on a regular basis next year?

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
          I have supported every race they had even the street stock one.
          I have been impressed with what they have done.
          The issue is that it is hard to find info or updated info. If they race Sunday I was taking a half day off of work but need to know in advance.
          The Sunday after Kings Royal was bad enough In attendance and car count that Mansfield cancelled 3 rd leg of Triple Crown.
          At another track and at work most that I talked to did not even know MMS raced.
          That is why they need to be aware of what might help.
          I think there have been good suggestions here
          that would help MMS.
          I am not the only one who mentioned people not knowing about race.
          Mansfield has become one of my top 5 Ohio tracks to go to.
          Basically what I see is more
          Advertising
          Updated and improved Social Media
          PR work at another track or local festival.
          Flyers around community would be great.
          I would say most want to help improve not tear down.
          Also the Mansfield threads keep this message board alive currently.
          Agree 100% ... some posters here can't handle it though.

Comment

EROC ever hear if I sell 1 more hot dog I'll make some money. The crowd was good enough to pay purse and then some. If you were there and walked around you could see the crowd wasn't bad. I hope he would start running every Sunday night next year with some regular classes to help build car counts for the bigger shows.

Comment

Just cause people disagree there is no need to get nasty over it. People are allowed to have differing opinions. I imagine that Mansfield is gonna kind of schedule shows in conjunction with the local tracks to have special shows. Tracks cooperating together goes a long way!

Comment

Saw they are really updating the FB ads but have not seen or heard any other advertising.
                Says their vip suites are all gone. I still talk to "race" people that dont realize they have this race coming up.
                I wonder how many more fans they would pick up with a radio ad or paper or flyers?
                A gain of a 1000 extra fans would be a nice chunk of money for them.

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                  Just cause people disagree there is no need to get nasty over it. People are allowed to have differing opinions. I imagine that Mansfield is gonna kind of schedule shows in conjunction with the local tracks to have special shows. Tracks cooperating together goes a long way!
                  Totally agree with this comment, and thanks GTigers55 for being a newer member of this forum and for your frequent posts. Unless we are conducting a discussion involving specific race results, everything else being discussed in this forum is a matter of opinion, and there are not necessarily any right or wrong observations. Hopefully, there are some track owners and promoters out there who read these forums to get a feel for what the paying customer ( not people on the free list ) are thinking about the state of the sport or track . Opinions expressed here can be a form of feedback. That's the beauty of living in America - freedom of speech, including " opinions ".

Comment

I doubt the local teams would run Mansfield on a weekly basis. Only a few wcs and fremont 410 regulars have the budget to run a big track like that weekly and there isn't any latemodels but maybe 5 between attica, wcs and hilltop. Sunday you might get cars to travel in from farther out but probably not enough fans on a regular basis either. I think if there plan was to run weekly it would have to be on Friday and try to run some kind of modifieds, street stocks or trucks and run non wing. But I see it being a special event track and becoming more and more successful.

Comment

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
                      I doubt the local teams would run Mansfield on a weekly basis. Only a few wcs and fremont 410 regulars have the budget to run a big track like that weekly and there isn't any latemodels but maybe 5 between attica, wcs and hilltop. Sunday you might get cars to travel in from farther out but probably not enough fans on a regular basis either. I think if there plan was to run weekly it would have to be on Friday and try to run some kind of modifieds, street stocks or trucks and run non wing. But I see it being a special event track and becoming more and more successful.
                      Exactly, that first event I could tell Sommer wanted to build this into an "Eldora" style track. Lots of pomp, huge events, Hashtags for the events (#BacktoDirt) posted on fences, fireballs and fireworks, and just nice facilities with cheap beer. I don't think there was ever an intent to make this a weekly track. I think with a year to work with tracks on planning events it will work much better for counts and such.

Comment

I see they have started construction on hillside seating for turns 1 and 2. As GTigers55 said I don't think Cody has any desires to run a weekly program. The overhead on that facility for staffing and such must be huge and I don't know if there are enough local cars to support a Sunday weekly schedule.
                        I'm really hoping the Great Lakes Nationals is a huge success but I wonder if Cody realizes he's racing Friday and Saturday against Nascar Infinity series at Mid Ohio Sportscar Course, 25 minutes away. The local die hard dirt fans will definitely be at Mansfield but some of the more casual fans may see the Nascar name and opt to go to Mid Ohio. Granted Mid Ohio should be done by the time Mansfield is getting fired up but will fans want to pull the double?

Comment

Mansfield is building permanent seating in turns 1 and 2 and have plans in the future to raise the grass hillsides in 3&4. Very good decisions by Sommer glad to see him improving a already fantastic facility. Also someone said they'd like to see a crown jewel late model event to which Mansfield replied "stay tuned". Look for maybe something big next year in Late Models. Maybe bringing the Johnny Appleseed classic back home?

Comment

yea the rumor is 50k to win latemodel race

Comment

I dont want to see ticket prices for that big of a show. Probably $75 or more for one day. Making it harder for the working man to support a track.
                              I think It is a big chance for the $100 000 Weekend coming up. Just hope he does not lose money. I want to see them here next year.
                              Would rather see them run more $5000 shows until they are well organized then go the next step.

Comment

Also with the Nascar race at Mid-Ohio, it's the Richland County Fair Demo Derby Saturday night and a lot of people in the Mansfield area will go there to support their 'Derby Drivers'

Comment

Working...
                                X