No announcement yet.

Ohio Dirt Tracks (Full sized racecars)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio Dirt Tracks (Full sized racecars)

With somebody mentioning they'd never heard of 250, the track that recently closed, I thought I'd post the full list of operational tracks in Ohio for those to see in case somebody would be interested in attending at a track they hadn't heard of before. The divisions of Ohio are based on Columbus as a center line the east and west, and using State route 70 to divide north and southern sections. I also included tracks who have closed within the last year or two just so people are aware they recently closed if they didn't know.

Also a question for you old timers, How many of these tracks have you raced at or seen a race at over time? Also feel free to add any tracks that aren't around anymore into that list too like Lakeville I'm sure some of you had been to.
    Northwest OH
    Oakshade Raceway Wauseon, OH
    Limaland Motorsports Park Lima, OH
    Waynesfield Raceway Park Waynesfield, OH
    Fremont Speedway Fremont, OH
    Attica Raceway Park Attica, OH
    Eldora Speedway Rossburg, OH
    CLOSED Millstream Speedway Findlay OH
    Northeast OH
    Mansfield Motor Speedway Mansfield, OH
    Wayne County Speedway Orrville, OH
    Muskingum County Speedway Dresden OH
    Hilltop Speedway Millersburg, OH
    Deerfield Raceway Deerfield, OH
    Sharon Speedway Hartford, OH
    Raceway 7 Conneaut, OH
    CLOSED 250 Raceay Cadiz OH
    Southeast OH
    Midway Speedway Crooksville, OH
    Skyline Speedway Guysville, OH
    Legendary Hilltop Speedway Marrietta OH
    CLOSED FOR SALE $160K Jackson County Speedway Jackson, OH
    CLOSED Southern Ohio Speedway Wheelersburg OH
    Southwest OH
    Atomic Speedway Waverly, OH
    Portsmouth Raceway Park Portsmouth, OH
    35 Raceway Park Frankfort, OH
    Brushcreek Motorsports Complex Peebles, OH
    Moler Raceway Park Williamsburg OH

I've personally been to Attica, Fremont, Wayne County, Atomic, Eldora and the now defunct Millstream. I've been to Lawrenceburg and Route 44 (formerly Whitewater and Union County speedway) in Indiana.

Comment

You have five tracks listed in SW Ohio ... Unfortunately four of the five all run on Saturday nights and all are 35 to 40 miles of each other ... Only Moler runs on Friday nights ... Not only is the fan base split up but so are all of the racers ... Its a wonder more tracks aren't going under.

Comment

I think a lot of track owners for some reason don't think that you can turn a profit on Friday races for some reason. I do think that Portsmouth runs UMP sanction while all the others run AMRA though so those guys really can't intermix unless the rules are pretty similar. I don't know too much about LM and Mod sanctions and the similarities/differences.

Comment

I've been to several tracks that are no longer open. Millstream, 250, R&R, Jackson County, Cannonball, McCuthchenville, Ada, Bryan, Lakeville, New Bremen, Challenger, Paducah,and South Mississippi. Sadly tracks closing seems to be more common than tracks returning or new ones opening.

Comment

Ive been to 12 of the tracks:

Limaland Motorsports Park
            Waynesfield Raceway Park
            Fremont Speedway
            Attica Raceway Park
            Eldora Speedway
            Millstream Speedway
            Mansfield Motor Speedway
            Wayne County Speedway
            Muskingum County Speedway
            Sharon Speedway
            Raceway 7
            Atomic Speedway

Comment

Legendary Hilltop in Marietta,oh cancelled tonights races do to money issues. That and muskinghum is running tonight and going to get the cars/fans. Looking at gtigers map break down the southeast is barely hanging onto a track. skyline has had issues staying open, midway has been off and on and now legendary hilltop is struggling. And its not from track bashing but just not enough fan drawing cars to go around. Its been rumored all the areas top lm and mod drivers are going to muskinghum tonight so why lose money.
              Last edited by mudinmybeer; July 21st, 2017, 12:12 PM.

Comment

http://imgur.com/a/zJe7D Cannonball

Comment

Legendary Hilltop cut the purse last week without telling anyone they were going to ... It simply boils down to being too many tracks and not enough fans or racers to go around ... Todays racefan is pretty much yesterdays racefan and there really aren't that many new fans replacing the old fans as they slowly die off ...

Comment

I miss this http://imgur.com/a/AxXmU , posting that, i lost the original. wtf

Comment

Originally posted by am0ti View Post
                      Ive been to 12 of the tracks:

Limaland Motorsports Park
                      Waynesfield Raceway Park
                      Fremont Speedway
                      Attica Raceway Park
                      Eldora Speedway
                      Millstream Speedway
                      Mansfield Motor Speedway
                      Wayne County Speedway
                      Muskingum County Speedway
                      Sharon Speedway
                      Raceway 7
                      Atomic Speedway

stop bragging

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                        I've personally been to Attica, Fremont, Wayne County, Atomic, Eldora and the now defunct Millstream. I've been to Lawrenceburg and Route 44 (formerly Whitewater and Union County speedway) in Indiana.
                        i really liked union county when went few times. its up a pretty damn good gravel hill to the track. track is tight corners with good banking. they also had sand rail track offf back stretch and think they had kart track as well. when ALMS was there was only few times attended and seeemed cushion on up was kinda rough. lighting in pits wasnt phenomal either. they put together another LM/mod race that looks worth the drive ill attend again. just dont go expecting some prima dona place and if track prep good i think youll enjoy yourself.

havent been to new configuration of lawrencburg but old one produced some badass LM and non wing races!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post

i really liked union county when went few times. its up a pretty damn good gravel hill to the track. track is tight corners with good banking. they also had sand rail track offf back stretch and think they had kart track as well. when ALMS was there was only few times attended and seeemed cushion on up was kinda rough. lighting in pits wasnt phenomal either. they put together another LM/mod race that looks worth the drive ill attend again. just dont go expecting some prima dona place and if track prep good i think youll enjoy yourself.

havent been to new configuration of lawrencburg but old one produced some badass LM and non wing races!
                          They've got the BOSS non wings there next weekend with the Modifieds as a support class which is typically theheadliner division there. I think it's $15 to get in for that show. I'm headed to grandparents and Portsmouth for the OVSCA race that weekend though so can't make it.

Comment

Ohhhh boy, if track prep like used to be then that should be a good one

Comment

Tracks on this list I haven't been to.
                              NW-Oakshade
                              NE-Mansfield-Hilltop-250
                              SE-Skyline-Hilltop-SOS
                              SW-Portsmouth-Brushcreek

You can tell by my list I'm a Sprint car guy. I try and hit a new track every year. The last couple years those tracks have been in IN or PA.

I forgot about that race at Portsmouth. I might try and swing down there. I've always wanted to check that track out.

Comment

Working...
                              X