Tim Shaffer vs the All Stars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Shaffer vs the All Stars

Tim has been in the top 5 in 12 of the 16 races he has raced with the All Stars. And is 8th in points over all, missing 6 races where do you think he would be if he raced them all?

Well it's pretty safe to say he's better than anyone that's running the All Stars besides maybe Kemanah. At least that's my opinion. I would assume he would challenge for the championship. That team really seems to be clicking but the 10H has been very consistent as well. In theory, it would have been a good battle.

I am am correct in my understanding that he can't collect any points funds right? He has raced shows outside of the all star schedule that would make him ineligible.

Comment

Only member are eligible for the point fund, the 49X is NOT a member.
      2018 Racin' Chasin' Counter: - Starts Feb 1st, 2018
      2017 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 57 Races @ 30 Tracks; (7-Rain Outs)
      2016 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 59 Races @ 28 Tracks; (15-Rain Outs)
      2015 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 56 Races @ 25 Tracks; (12-Rain Outs)

Comment

I get why he doesn't follow it but he would finish 1st or 2nd if he ran full time, at least this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post
          Only member are eligible for the point fund, the 49X is NOT a member.
          Question: ASCOC website shows 233 drivers scoring points. How many of the 233 are members ?

Comment

Originally posted by Racing's Vigilante View Post

Question: ASCOC website shows 233 drivers scoring points. How many of the 233 are members ?
            That just means that the drivers competed in a race. In order to qualify for the points fund you have to have signed up and paid the fee in December-February to compete for the points fund with the All Stars. The drivers who signed up to run the All Stars this year (not all of them stayed on) are as follows:

Chad Kemenah, Ryan Smith, Caleb Armstrong, Caleb Helms, Max Stambaugh, TJ Michael, Brandon Spithaler, Brandon Matus, Tyler Esh, John Garvin, Brent Matus, Jordan Mackison, Hunter Mackison, Ryan Linder, Roger Campbell... The 3 who are no longer with the tour at all but signed up were Bradley Howard, Dane Lorenc, and Kraig Kinser.

Only the above drivers are elgible to earn a point fund from the ASCoC, and they are paying up to 15th place Between these drivers. So although Shaffer is currently 8th in points, Tyler Esh, the driver who is 9th in points, will receive the 8th place in the points fund for the purpose of the full time all stars. Drivers still accumulate points by competing in the ASCoC (and WoO) events but they are not elgible for the points fund at the end of the season unless they had signed up to run the series. You also must sign up for free pit passes, tow money, etc.

Comment

I believe it's all owners points. Can you explain that Computerman? Explain the Helms deal? Why do they list the Drivers for points if it's all owner points? Or is it Driver points?

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                I get why he doesn't follow it but he would finish 1st or 2nd if he ran full time, at least this year.
                In a way I don't get why he didn't follow them to be honest especially how many races he has ran with the All-Stars this season. Maybe this will change and you won't see him run that many races the rest of the year.

I don't know or have the numbers, but it seems like he has ran about 85-90% of their races. Unless they have a rule about missing so many races I would have became a member this year and even if you don't run them all you might have been able to collect some money for the amount of races you ran this year. Who knows maybe at the beginning of the year they didn't think they was going to run this many races or All-Star races this year, but once they got running and did well they kept adding more and more races whether it be WoO or All-Stars this season and has ran with both series.

Comment

From what Tim Shaffer has said on interviews with Winged Nation, he seems to enjoy being a true outlaw moreso than following a series. I believe one example he used is if the weather looks bleak at an All Star Race at Track A that night and the weather looks better at another track he can make it too Tim and the team like not feeling obligated to go to a race that they feel is going to be rained out and not racing that day because of it. Therfore, the team will then head to track B where weather looks good and they can still race, where if they were an All Star they can't contend in a sprint car race on the same day of an all star race.

As for the owner's points, I've always thought they just do driver points since they don't list it on the website. I know WoO lists both owners and drivers points. I'll be able to tell if they are doing owner's points as well once the NY swing bulletin is posted for the all stars. If the 17 car is higher in points there then they are on the drivers points then they do base it off owner points. I don't get why they wouldn't list it somewhere for fans to easily find though if they base the points fund off owners points.

Comment

Originally posted by 23J View Post
                    I believe it's all owners points. Can you explain that Computerman? Explain the Helms deal? Why do they list the Drivers for points if it's all owner points? Or is it Driver points?
                    The website is driver points, all drivers earn points every race weather the team is a member or not. The owner points is its own list. Owner points are used to determine tow money, provisions and season championship pay. Caleb Helms car owner is Helms Racing Inc., Helms Racing Inc. can put anyone they wish in the seat and the "team" will get the owner points. Currently Helms Racing Inc is 4th on owner points. Even though Caleb Helms is 5th in driver points. There are currently 14 Members, the Owners points are posted in the weekly bulletin under the team portal on the web site.

Comment

So it appears a driver or drivers who do not buy a membership could finish in the top 10 in points at the end of the season. I'm not saying people would do this , but it is conceivable a driver could win the championship ( as a driver ) and not participate in the awards. The organization has made so many changes since buying the series that I can't remember most of them, but if they pro rate the dollar awards for points based on percentage of races attended, why would the 49 team and Shaffer as a driver not join ? Prorated money for season end awards is better than no money. Perhaps they do not prorate ? Anyone out there with firm knowledge of the policy ?

Comment

Championship payout is prorated. To Maintain membership you must race in 80% of the races as well as not race somewhere else on the same night as an ASCoC race.

Comment

Thanks Ross!

Comment

Originally posted by ErocWolverine View Post

In a way I don't get why he didn't follow them to be honest especially how many races he has ran with the All-Stars this season. Maybe this will change and you won't see him run that many races the rest of the year.

I don't know or have the numbers, but it seems like he has ran about 85-90% of their races. Unless they have a rule about missing so many races I would have became a member this year and even if you don't run them all you might have been able to collect some money for the amount of races you ran this year. Who knows maybe at the beginning of the year they didn't think they was going to run this many races or All-Star races this year, but once they got running and did well they kept adding more and more races whether it be WoO or All-Stars this season and has ran with both series.
                            Eroc, if you don't get the PR job for Mansfield like I wished for in the other thread, maybe you should join the All Stars in 2018? You said you would have if you were Tim Shaffer, I think you can do it as Eroc Wolverine!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Curlis View Post

Eroc, if you don't get the PR job for Mansfield like I wished for in the other thread, maybe you should join the All Stars in 2018? You said you would have if you were Tim Shaffer, I think you can do it as Eroc Wolverine!!!!
                              Hahaha ...

Comment

Working...
                              X