NRA/GLSS and ASCS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post

Ok thanks. I didn't give any thought to the early 2000's, so your recollection is correct. And, I completely forgot about Jason Fausey. When SOD was 410's, I thought the McCalls did a nice job of owning and running the series. When 360's entered the picture , it was a challenge to try to book a 410 race in the state of Michigan, because the cost of a 360 event was lower for the promoters. I remember more than one Michigan promoter telling me that fans didn't care whether the motor was a 410 or 360. 😀
    I still haven't seen a 360 run yet, next year if they run that all sprint car show at Fremont and/or Waynesfield again I'm probably gonna have to make one of them. I may have seen one or two run in a 410 show but just never paid much attention to it.

Comment

Waynesfield Sunday, Sept. 3 you can watch 410, 360, and 305!

Comment

Originally posted by staggerman View Post
        Waynesfield Sunday, Sept. 3 you can watch 410, 360, and 305!
        I forgot they rescheduled that. I'll probably try to catch one of the shows at Attica that weekend though since it's their final weekend instead though. Haven't gotten to Attica as much I'd like to since I'm not back home most of the time.

Comment

I'll put $20 that ASCS will be in Ohio next year. In my opinion it would be a good thing and could pull some of the guys who used to run NRA shows at Lima and Eldora sometimes when the schedule permits or when scheduled as part of a 410/360 night. We shall see come December/January guess.

Comment

NRA was started by and owned by Jeff Jarvis (UNOH) and stayed that way until this year when Hammonds bought it.

Comment

ASCS in OHIO next year I highly doubt it.

Comment

I will say I am surprised they don't have the ASCS at Eldora one weekend per year

Comment

Well whatever it was called the mentioned McCall's had something to do with it because they walked the pits with clipboards & I talked to them on several occasions.

I remember when they 1st started 360's, only had about 7 of them with 1 being Gus Wasson. Same with Mods, damn just think if the 360's would have taken off like them mods !!!!

And yes it was Potts. I think the guy's name I was trying to think of was J.B. Scarborough (sp) ?

Comment

It's worth noting that GLSS joined forces with NCRA. They didn't really explain what it means other than it will help out all involved. There are 3-4 series across the us who joined and are running under NCRA. They said they weren't trying to rival any series (ASCS) but they are looking to branch out to as many regions as possible to benefit local 360 racing.

Comment

OK what does NCRA have to do with this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by DERF View Post
                        OK what does NCRA have to do with this thread?
                        I would think that if GLSS continues to be aligned with NCRA in 2018, even if only for marketing purposes, it would preclude them from becoming an ASCS region as GTigers55 first asked about. Just another piece to the puzzle.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake B. View Post

I would think that if GLSS continues to be aligned with NCRA in 2018, even if only for marketing purposes, it would preclude them from becoming an ASCS region as GTigers55 first asked about. Just another piece to the puzzle.
                          yes exactly. I doubt they are going to be aligned with the NCRA and ASCS. The ASCS, NCRA GLSS/NRA Michigan division doesn't have a good ring. All joking aside the guy from GLSS talked about strengthening their alliance with Nrca so I doubt there are any plans in them joining ASCS.

Comment

Working...
                          X